hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Favorite Unit?

Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:28 am

Hey all,

What is your favorite unit? All the game units have different purposes and of course their use will vary a lot depending on where you are using them, still I am sure you have that unit you use more often. Which one is it?

My vote goes for the archers. :) Very useful against bosses, defending the city walls and in PVE in general. A basic unit but very useful! How about you guys?

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Re: Favorite Unit?

Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:43 pm

My favorite unit is the dwarf tank.

Sadly it's very buggy and doesn't like to shoot sometimes but I love it all the same. Slowly marching forward and wrecking the enemy lines. Creating a wall of steel even in death. Good times.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Esquire
Knight
Knight

Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:41 pm

Spiders at the moment. Not just because they kill humans very effectively, but due to their utility while questing. The spiders they spawn do a great job of confusing the AI, and allow you to field minimal heroes for efficient energy use and more exp. Second would be gold archers, they keep my castle safe and make me feel comfortable amassing resources.

hengli

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:58 am

Zinek wrote:
My favorite unit is the dwarf tank.

Sadly it's very buggy and doesn't like to shoot sometimes but I love it all the same. Slowly marching forward and wrecking the enemy lines. Creating a wall of steel even in death. Good times.

I don't remember players reporting this issue, if you could can you please write about it on the bugs section or send me some prints by private message?

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:09 pm

I made a post about it quickly on the Facebook page and posted a photo there. I would of done so here but my photo file is to large for the forum.

Basically the tanks charge forward and ignore enemies and don't shoot. Or will just stop moving and not shoot walls.

Lastly when they run out of ammo they will only shoot the main canon and not shoot the machine guns or flamethrowers this may be intended but if it is it would be nice to have text telling us that is so because the ammo discription says that units have -65% attack speed when out of ammo. This should imply that the guns will still fire just at 1/3 the speed. Currently they don't fire at all.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Flames
Baron
Baron

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:55 pm

Zinek wrote:
I made a post about it quickly on the Facebook page and posted a photo there. I would of done so here but my photo file is to large for the forum.

If you upload the photo to a website, they normally give you the option to resize, if you choose a smaller size the forum will let you post it.