dablu
Baron
Baron

Re: Is land bonus applied to garrison units?

Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:23 am

sippingcider wrote:
I dont think there are land bonuses for any of these, and they did that on purpose for more fairness. If you look at the emperium or collosseum the land is obviously not grass, desert, or snow.

Imperium has grass land. Couple updates before it was mentioned that land type of Imperuim had beed changed from desert to grass.
AoC tools http://aoc.gold - calculators and army formation builder

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:39 am

Maebius wrote:
during a siege as I do 800-850k dmg on non-snow and around a million on snow.

Siege damage is never the same . There are always pseudorandom number added and i fugured it out long ago when testing if Grimms siege skill works with human catapults. Back then it did not and i had 2 exact same mini accounts to test on ..otherwise siege damage is way different depending on castle/wall level. Dwarf isn't exactly the best testing race as damage variety depends on timming re-charge ammo skill.

As Dablu said all those lands were changed and if recall correctly capitol lands correspond to their areas.

Without any meaningful stats to confirm we can only hope that Destination can clarify with dev team about this old question...
"They don’t sit on benches while eating but squat like Europeans do when they relieve themselves out in the leafy woods." :lol: Albert Einstein

Maebius
Knight
Knight

Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:29 pm

Dunno bud, I was consistently getting 840k-ish +/-20k dmg on all empty walls before finishing snow research and I now do 830-850 on grass/desert and 960-1020 on snow...

Capitol lands seem to be all grass to me (or neutral) but not snow, based on my observations.

sippingcider
Knight
Knight

Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:45 pm

dablu wrote:
sippingcider wrote:
I dont think there are land bonuses for any of these, and they did that on purpose for more fairness. If you look at the emperium or collosseum the land is obviously not grass, desert, or snow.

Imperium has grass land. Couple updates before it was mentioned that land type of Imperuim had beed changed from desert to grass.

Oh really? But like outside the colliseum it looks like gray concrete land. I only fought once in emporium and dont remember how the battlefield looked, but I guess it could have been grass. If it is that does seem unfair advantage for humans.

Burnhard31
Knight
Knight

Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:19 pm

The bonus works on garrisons too. Because the game doesnt show it (offensive and deffensive - like hero buffs), there is no way to bring it on paper.
But i can tell from hundreds of sieges (done and replays) that an enemys wall is stronger on his native ground. Seen on the same enemy on multible grounds.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:49 am

Burnhard31 wrote:
there is no way to bring it on paper.

Thats why we need confirmation :D
"They don’t sit on benches while eating but squat like Europeans do when they relieve themselves out in the leafy woods." :lol: Albert Einstein

dablu
Baron
Baron

Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:35 am

Chillblaze wrote:
Thats why we need confirmation :D

And thats why I asked that question, at first glance noobie question.
AoC tools http://aoc.gold - calculators and army formation builder

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:31 am

Unless Lilith changed how the academy 7 upgrade works since this time last year than the Land Bonus DOES apply to your garrision troops when your castle is stationed in that land.

We did the testing last year and had Henry confirm it for us, so unless there was a patch change in the last year that I am unaware of which could be very much the case since I stopped playing for 9 months.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Destination

Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:59 pm

They confirmed that land bonus is applied for garrison troops.

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:28 pm

dablu wrote:
I'm going to test it in real battle.
I want to put one human player to grass land city with only archers on wall and siege him, and the to desert (or snow) city and siege him again with exactly same formation. Then compare damage dealt by archers. I think 2-3 siege attempts would be enough to see (or not see) 20% difference.

What about critical strike chances
94 Culwood
Castle 40, Void - 100 all perfect
House: Icarum, Gods of War