Art of Conquest will soon be updated to Patch 1.16.3.
Servers will be suspended for maintenance on December 21 at 1AM UTC for an estimated 2 hours while the game is updated. This is a larger update with tons of great new content, and if you pre-download now you’ll be able to play as soon as server maintenance completes! After the update completes, if you did not pre-download the patch, please follow the directions and proceed to download the latest version of the game. We apologize for the added inconvenience.
Below are the detailed patch notes:
From December 20 (3AM UTC) until December 23 (4PM UTC), we will be holding a limited time contest—the first ever Power Prizefight!
During the contest, your performance will be judged by the amount you increase your Power by training troops, strengthening heroes, researching upgrades, constructing buildings, and strengthening your garrison defense.
Once you have increased your Power by the target amount, you will be able to collect an individual reward.
And by placing on the Kingdom or Nore-wide leaderboard, you'll be able to win a Power Prizefight Chest and Linari as rewards.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR COMMANDER
• It is now possible to change the mounted hero model that represents your Commander out in the world. In addition to your starter hero, you can choose any of the heroes you own to be your Commander.
• If your Commander hero travels by horse, you can also change its mount.
• You can now spend some Linari to change your display name, at most once every 7 days.
VOID RARE RESOURCES INCREASED
• The default resources awarded for certain Void stages have been changed to rare resources.
• Greatly increased the size of all rare resource rewards.
We have recently detected an exploit by which some players use an add-on script to automatically rob resource wagons. To further combat this type of exploitive behavior, we are limiting the maximum times per day each player can rob resource wagons to 16.
New Rakan Hero: Denji!
• The renowned rakan warrior-chef Denji is here! Denji is a Gladiator with a big appetite, especially for dumplings. In fact, one meat dumpling can turn this normally jolly fellow into a savage butcher of the battlefield!
• Denji can be attained through a hero chest from December 22 (4PM UTC) to December 25 (4PM UTC).
• Greatly increased the damage dealt by “Crack Shot”.
• Increased the additional crit chance provided by “Killer Instinct”.
• Increased the damage dealt by “Scatter Shot”.
• Increased the additional attack speed provided by “Eagle Eye”.
• Greatly increased the damage dealt by “Shooting Star”.
Avalon and Elena
Previously it was easy for Avalon and Elena to charge behind enemy lines and get themselves killed. To prevent this behavior, we have added Defense Mode.
Defense Mode: During deployment, if Avalon and Elena are positioned in the rear half of the battlefield, they will automatically enter into Defense Mode when the battle starts. Defense Mode prevents heroes from charging into the melee to directly engage in battle. Rather, they will advance a certain distance, then wait for their enemies to come to them.
This means you can use strategic positioning to decide whether Avalon and Elena charge right into battle or hang back in a supportive role.
To prevent Virion from dying too quickly, we have made some changes to his "Light's Safeguard" ability. Now, when Virion takes damage that would bring him below 50% of his total health, his "Light's Safeguard" ability will immediately be triggered, protecting him from excess damage and keeping his health at 50%.
Fixed a bug that made Yip's "Tailwind" ability effective against all ranged attacks. This ability is intended to work against only arrow-type ranged attacks, not magic- or bullet-type ranged attacks.
Due to the bug fix affecting Yip, the following events will be available after the update until December 24 at 3AM UTC.
HERO RESET EVENT: Commanders who had Yip prior to the update will have the opportunity to reset him.
• Resetting a hero returns it to level 1.
• Hero experience, ability, and attribute points will be returned to your inventory in the form of cards.
• Any equipment will be returned to your inventory with their cooldowns reset.
HERO EXCHANGE EVENT: Commanders who had Yip prior to the update will have the opportunity to exchange him.
• Yip can be exchanged for one of the following heroes: Vallari, Tiadrin, Cleo, Rose, Gafgar, Jacques, Bane, or Elena.
• After the exchange, Yip’s level and experience will be inherited by the new hero.
• Yip’s extra ability and attribute points will be returned to your inventory in the form of cards.
• Note: you cannot exchange a hero after you have reset it.
EQUIPMENT CONVERSION EVENT
• You will be able to receive Alchemy Stones, Linari, or Gold coins in exchange for converting any equipment that was equipped by Yip at the time of the last update. The resources you receive will be equivalent to the full value of the equipment based on its type.
• Because the following lich units can be attained by summoning them, we reduced the amount of Honor they provide when they are killed: Marauders, Ravagers, Stalkers, Acolytes, Occultists, and Warlocks.
• Undead units in the garrison that are resurrected directly after a battle will no longer provide Honor to the attacking player who had killed them. For example, if an attacker kills 100 lich Raiders, 70 of which are then resurrected and returned to the garrison force, and 30 of which die for good, then the attacker will receive Honor for only the 30 Raiders that died for good.
Previously, in the early game, the lower the level of your garrison Gate, the lower the chance that undead units would be resurrected, and the greater the overall losses. Progressing into late game, the higher the level of your garrison Gate, along with the opportunity to research the “Advanced Tenacity” upgrade, the easier it became for undead armies to defend strongholds with essentially no losses, a state of affairs that wasn’t very balanced compared to the other races. To smooth out the resurrection rates for undead garrison units between the early and late game, we have introduced the following changes:
• Increased the resurrection rate of undead units defeated on garrison duty to a fixed 70%. Before ranged from 30% to 68%.
• The increased resurrection chance imparted by the level 10 upgrade “Advanced Tenacity” has been reduced from 20% to 10%.
• Caster Upgrades
The lich caster upgrade "Magical Reach" has been changed to "Garrison Attack Training", which adds 2% attack rating per upgrade level for Acolytes, Occultists, and Warlocks when manning the wall on garrison duty. The effect of the original upgrade "Magical Reach" will be directly incorporated as a unit property, adding 1 attack range to Acolytes, Occultists, and Warlocks.
• Reduced the amount of elixir expended when rakan units drink Ale.
• Academy Upgrades
• The rakan ranged unit upgrade "Magical Reach" has been changed to "Garrison Attack Training", which adds 2% attack rating per upgrade level for Crossbowmen, Arbalesters, and Desperados when manning the wall on garrison duty. The effect of the original upgrade "Magical Reach" will be directly incorporated as a unit property, adding 1 attack range to Crossbowmen, Arbalesters, and Desperados.
• The damage mitigation effect from the monastic unit upgrade "Deadly Iaijutsu" has been raised from a 10% increase to a 15% increase.
• Added a Royal Chest to the Term Rewards for Advisors.
• Added three additional preset formations and expanded the previous "Recent" option into "Last" and "Previous" for your convenience when deploying for battle.
• "Defend" links in a city are now visible to only members of the House that controls the city.
• You can now see the requirements for crafting an item when viewing its Design Scroll at the Royal Archives.
• Added a list of Realms that you have recently logged into.
• You can now start your own group chats.
• Fixed a bug that disabled the stun effect from the "Skull Crusher" weapon and the "Dragontooth" equipment set.
Finally, we’d like to wish everyone a fun time in the game with your friends!