Michele Schiavetta
Squire
Squire

Re: [Guide]Advices from a Pro

Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:05 am

Blitz468 wrote:
Great guide overall. I would disagree about Namtar. I have him fully upgraded. His ultimate isn't useless. It is great for pushing mid and back line ppl to the front so that Serafine's ultimate is more effective, plus it can disrupt a back line ultimate. He heals pretty well and is difficult to hit so he typically can stay alive. He has great defense against magic and pairs well with Leon on the front line. My arena team which includes him will beat everyone on my server and will typically beat level 90 teams on treasure cave defense.

i know about the alignment for his ult, but still is pretty useless. You certainly didnt beat all the people in your server because of namtar. Of course he can be a great help, to me its just a "D ranked help". Lucius can help too, in a better way. Try replacing him with riley for example, you will see the difference xD Also, in arena you are not certain if he will interrupt an ultimate or just give free energy to enemy backline hero. ;) also note that his grade for attacking in arena is B-, not a bad vote. Also his crubible vote is not F, so surely he is not completely worthless once you upgrade him. By giving him a "D" i just mean that you can spend your resources elsewhere and get better results from a different hero, because if people watch this guide is because they cant decide if they should upgrade their Namtar, their Leon or their Tholin. Certainly not Namtar between the three, agreed? So when i give a hero a bad grade is just because i think people can look elsewhere and not lose anything from not upgrading him. Peace ;)
Server 021 Avilmare
guild [Rise & Repeat] 30291

Michele Schiavetta
Squire
Squire

Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:54 pm

variable wrote:
My only disagreements with the OP worth mentioning are Sumiko, Enrique, and Crusher.

Sumiko is a game changer. Add her to a leah centric physical team and its insane. A team like tholin, riley, leah, ariel, sumiko...it kills fast. maybe the fastest ive seen. Her value is totally off the books, unable to quantify, but she is definitely worth putting the time in.

Enrique is good in CoF and in Epic Arena. Less so in reg arena. In CoF, charge him early and let him sit for a free 4 second interrupt + hypnotize. Epic arena secondary teams can utilize him also, i like him with osiris/selene/leah.

Crusher - while i dont have crusher myself, my guildies do and i watch all the replays i can. At 3* with max gear, he dominiated several common top arena builds. A great counter to Gale. she will likely be his target if she's there. Crusher might be good enough for a solo tank when he is starred up, but he is at least an amazing off tank.

You know what? You changed my mind about sumiko. You are right. Just because is rarely seen, it doesnt mean its weak. With leah she shurely is off the boards... thanks. But i have to disagree on crusher. Enrique got the right grade for what you said: he is not a MUST HAVE, he is just.. well, ok. I think i'll level sumiko a little more and try her with leah. Thanks for the feedback.
Server 021 Avilmare

Michele Schiavetta
Squire
Squire

Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:40 am

variable wrote:
Michele Schiavetta wrote:
You know what? You changed my mind about sumiko. You are right. Just because is rarely seen, it doesnt mean its weak. With leah she shurely is off the boards... thanks. But i have to disagree on crusher. Enrique got the right grade for what you said: he is not a MUST HAVE, he is just.. well, ok. I think i'll level sumiko a little more and try her with leah. Thanks for the feedback.

Sumiko needs the right party around her, and she amplifies them tremendously. She needs an AOE team, and at least 1 physical and 1 magic. The build i have seen have the most success is:
Ariel
Leah
Sumiko
...and the other 2 are your preference up front. Leon/Tholin, Drago/Ulfang, Elric/Riley...any mixture of those. I have seen some LOL wtf moments with Tholin/Riley and the above.

Sumikos passive is +physical hit bonus to all, then she increases magic attack of an ally, and phys attack of an ally for 12 secs. The magic boon fires first, and in the case of ariel, gets applied to her orb...so everyone on your team hits everyone on their team except your tank. The chances of the phys boon going to leah are good, but even without it, the hit bonus on each split arrow is nuts. Then she herself has a nice AOE interrupt + damage.

Like i said tho, she has to have the right people around her. Leah is a must, and the magic damage should be Wraxius or Ariel.

Try it out in teh treasure cave if you have the supporting cast. You dont see her much because she's one of those like enrique who's value cant easily be quantified on a stat sheet.

I am levelling her. I totally want to see if that works. I'm really intrested in trying out heroes that are rarely seen :D Sadly, Tholin is one of the five heroes i dont own (Baltor, Tholin, Torsen, Arcturus, Ethera). I'll go for: Ulfang, Riley, Leah, Sumiko, Ariel. If that doesnt work i'll try Drago and Riley upfront. I think Riley gives a big boost to the formation.
Server 021 Avilmare