Michele Schiavetta
Squire
Squire

[Guide]Advices from a Pro

Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:10 pm

I consider myself no pro, but i certainly know a lot of this game. I currently am lvl 90 and hold 10th position in both arenas since 3-4 months. I’m VIP 13 and play daily, and also already wrote a guide on this game (here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=3810). I I tried every single hero available, and i am here today to bring you a simple list of things both new and old players should know about every hero in detail. I will not list what the hero does, i will assume you already know his abilities and weaknesses. This is a quick list of really useful advices i wish someone told me when i started the game. Decided to do this because of the many confused private messages i receive from new people on this game, and the constant questions on the general board about "wich heroes to use". You can skip to whatever hero you need an advice for: they are sorted by the place you find them (basic heroes, arena heroes, crucible heroes, guild emporium heroes, epic arena heroes, campaign heroes, Hall of Legends, limited heroes). I will not go into aweakened heroes, as i will do another post when there will be over 10 to be aweakened. Here we go:

PRELIMINARY NOTE: i got many PM's asking which heroes to max out at 7* ... guys, i can just say that only tanks really benefit from 7*, other heroes its your choice. Max out your favourites! From 6* to 7* the difference is not much, and its a huge investment, so do it only for your favourite heroes ;) i have only Leon, Riley, Drago and Ethera 7*. Soon i will have Garrick too (Garrick, Ethera are my favourite heroes). Peace.

voting scale:
Arena offensive: Is this hero to pick when you attack other arena teams (so in auto-battle)? Of course i mean that you pick this hero in the best situation for him… You wouldnt choose a vincent against a completely phisical team, wouldnt you? (S) means that is a great hero to have in your team, OR means that you can choose this hero in specific occasions to counter completely enemy team. (A) means that is a really strong hero in arena, OR that you can counter completely certain heroes of some formations. (B) means that is just good against certain teams etc… until (F) that means that that hero is not Arena material.
Arena defensive: Is this hero easy to counter (F) or a solid choice for every occasion (A)???
Crucible: Usefulness in CoF.
Raids: Usefulness in Raids. Will specify if he will be needed best in multiple or single enemy fights.
Early game: Is this hero strong in the beginning? (lvl1-70)
Late game: how does this hero behave in the late game? (lvl70+) Is he used(A) or not (F)?
Overall vote: Is this hero worth upgrading? S : “Why are you not upgrading him?!!”; A+: "Why not? He's great"; A: "You should upgrade him, but do as you wish; B: "you could upgrade him and use him" .... and F is “Dont even ever try this”.

Basic Heroes:
Elric – he is THE tank. Arguably the third best tank in the game (best: drago, second: Leon, of course in the lategame), the good thing about Elric is 1: that he has no weak spots; 2: comes free from the beginning of this game 3: slows and lifts (interrupts) enemy heroes. Early in the game he REALLY is the best tank.
Arena offensive: A(Tank)
Arena defensive: A (tank)
Crucible: A
Raids: B
Early game: A
Late game: B+
Overall vote: B

Ember – NO. Bad hero: feeds energy to enemy team and her ultimate sucks. Worst mag attack. Simply her AoE can be accomplished better from other heroes such as Ariel, Mariana, or Leah.
Arena offensive: C (AoE)
Arena defensive: C (AoE)
Crucible: E
Raids: E+ (against many targets)
Early game: B+
Late game: F
Overall vote: D+

Mortus – not really strong everywhere, but his skills in arena are simply OVERPOWER. 1: He will interrupt enemy ultimates with his energy steal and Hypnotize, (that btw is the best hypnotize in the game); 2: his mag attack is beast, he is quick and 3: high single-target damage = good hero.
Arena offensive: A (Helper)
Arena defensive: A+ (Helper)
Crucible: C
Raids: D
Early game: D+
Overall vote: A

Gale – 1: Strong and consistent DPS character that will not disappoint you EVER, 2: will hit the backline (difficult thing to do if you dont upgrade her. Also her ult is thought to be OP), makes her great against magic teams; 3: easy to reach 7* with ease. She is (or has been) used in every single arena formation in my server.
Arena offensive: S (DPS)
Arena defensive: S (DPS)
Crucible: A+
Raids: A
Early game: A-
Late game: S
Overall vote: S

Flora – Now there is jasmine, so flora's use is only optional. Can be used in crucible or against Legendary Crusher. Since she is free from the beginning, she is really useful for getting 3 stars at stages. No, you shouldnt use her in arena. Ever. Yes, her magic attack influences how much she heals. No, her star number is not essential. Really useful in campaign, heroic stages, bountyful, and dojo to get 3* easily.
Arena: F (helper)
Arena defensive: A (for the timeout formation with dokras and jasmine)
Crucible: S
Raids: F
Early game: B
Late game: B
Overall vote: A+ (because she is useful in campaign, heroic, dojo, bountiful, and crucible)

Vincent – not really worth levelling, he can help a lot in crucible until you have strong enough tanks with high Health Recovery (So until lvl 70). But in arena etc, he is really bad. His dodge increases a lot at high levels, but still is too fragile. His bat skill is enhanced by having single target damage heroes in your party, but got a nerf and now made vincent even more useless.
Arena offensive: A (tank against magic)
Arena defensive: F
Crucible: B
Late game: D
Overall vote: D-

Arena Heroes:
Esabel – People say she can tank well. She is THE FIRST THAT DIES IN EVERY SINGLE BATTLE. When an opponent has her in his team, i rub my hands and think “no matter what party i bring, this is an easy win”. Popular in a double tank formation with elric, she easily succumbs to Seraphine. 1: low stats; 2: Slow ultimate (easily interrupted), 3: even if she is used as a tank, she has a DPS-only ability. Why would i need that in a tank? I have damage dealers for that ._. Bad Elric’s copy. Riley or Leah can replace her for tanking the female dojo, so dont waste arena coins on her. As i said: Seraphine can counter her efficiently.
Arena offensive: C (tank)
Arena defensive: C (tank)
Early game: dont know
Late game: C -
Overall vote: C

Hanzo – Strong only against physical teams, he is the vincent of physical damage. Really strong against physical teams, especially in late game with his high lifesteal, doesnt have enough resources to stay alive in every situation, even when paired with ulfang. Wouldnt waste arena coins on him. Alastair can counter him really efficiently. Makes miracles against Legendary Drago in HoL.
Arena offensive: A (physical tank)
Arena defensive: D (tank)
Raids: C+
Early game: D
Late game: A

Enrique – I like him. But no, he is not used, and for good reasons. He can be SOME help, and only in arena. Yeah, that’s not enough. In campaign he doesnt help, in Cof doesnt make sense, etc. Really controversial. I think he deserves a spot between the best helpers (in arena), but many heroes are better than him at helping the party win (Ulfang, Lucius, Sumiko, Alastair, Mortus etc). I really like the fact that gives dodge to heroes that usually dont have it, and it can make a difference. Still, he is not used at competitive level. In fact, his haste ability can land on the tank, or his hypnotize can miss, lowering enrique effectiveness in a fight.
Arena offensive: B- (helper)
Arena defensive: B- (helper)
Early game: C- (because comes at 2*)
Late game: C
Overall vote: C- -

Namtar – NOPE. Ratman sucks, as he is only ultra strong in defending in crucible. WHY would anyone need that? I dont care if people have a hard time fighting my team in CoF! 1: His defences are low compared to other heroes; 2: he does so little damage and have little lifesteal and dodge; 3: completely useless ultimate. Eats a spot in your party. Only good thing is his huge phys and mag attack reducion on enemy team, but he uses that only in the middle of the fight when its too late, and sometimes gets staggered or interrupted and doesnt apply its effect. Some use him with enrique to enhance his dodge. Still doesnt make the cut for me. [Ehm... after aweakening he will be BEAST, still, this is not the post for this]
Arena offensive: B- (mag tank)
Arena defensive: E (tank)
Raids: E
Early game: C
Late game: D
Overall vote: D

Ethera - Completely breaks the game if we are talking of the crucible of fire. She OWNS the crucible. A MUST to get to 15/15 twice per day, with leah, garrick and riley. My favourite char in the game (because of her exotic looks :D). You should upgrade her only for her ability in the crucible. At 7* she is great in arena. Maybe not at defending, but she is a perfect Jasmine killer, just like Tanya.
Arena offensive: B+ + (DPS)
Arena defensive: B (DPS)
Crucible: S++
Raids: C+
Overall vote: B-, but because of her usefulness in crucible: S- (So you should upgrade her only for crucible!)

So on wich hero should you focus to buy in arena? ETHERA. For the love of god i cant imagine a reason why the devs put her in arena and put bloodspear in guild shop. Should have been the other way around, since Ethera is SUCH a game changer: GET HER! ASAP! In crucible her ultimate will completely stop the enemy team while yours will keep punishing them . Makes crucible so easy paired with riley and some Aoe. (Of course i'm talking about a lvl75+ ethera...)

Crucible heroes:
Mariana – Bad in arena as she is too slow and will have not enough time to pull off her ultimate, but she can one-shot stuff with ultimate and pillar ability! Great in crucible to kill the backline right away and feast on the tanks, building up energy for next stage. Her heal is just a wasted ability. Overall.... bad.
Arena offensive: D
Arena defensive: C
Raids: B (against many targets)
Early game: A+

Ariel – You should focus on her early on in the game, as she can help your party greatly. She becomes soon an energy feeder (so her attacks just help the enemy team to pull off ultimates quicker). In late game she must be paired with a completely AoE team, or she is just an energy feeder working for the enemy.
Arena offensive: A (Aoe)
Arena defensive: B+ (AoE)
Raids: A+ (against many targets)
Overall vote: B++

Ulfang – Good only in SOME situations in arena. Use him ONLY in a physical team! Lifesteal works only for physical attacks, so if you use him in a mag team, you are COMPLETELY eating a spot in your party. Many people say: “Yah, but his haste and initial buff are so good, even for mag teams…” NO. Stop it. You are basically saying you use 1 spot of your team for a haste for the first 5 seconds of the battle, when heroes walk in. Yay. Ulfang is a physical hero, get over yourselves. Also, his ultimate in late game does quite the damage. Paired with Leah Makes your party OP. I dont like him, because he doesnt do that much damage. He gets a lot of dodge in the late game, so suffers mag attacks. But yeah, he’s good.
Arena offensive: A+ (support for physical)
Arena defensive: A (Support for physical)
Crucible: B-
Late game: A-
Overall vote: B+

Dokras – A pro hero. In the lategame he can tank in the midline, for his resistances are high. His hedgehogs do all the damage for him. Weak against phisical teams, can still pack a punch with his ultimate. REALLY strong with jasmine and 2 tanks, also great counter for tholin and enemy dokras. He is good only in certain formations. But you wont regret this defensive beast.
Arena offensive: B (helper)
Arena defensive: S (helper)
Crucible: A-
Late game: A+
Overall vote: A++

Tholin – he certainly is not a tank. I have been asked this so many times..... He can DPS really, REALLY well!!!! I mean.. one of the best DPS in the game! Still his wolves are too fragile and susceptible to AoE. Ultimate is completely useless and slow. Needs to be paired with a real tank, cause he CANT tank. performs well in raids or in aoe formations (Tholin, Leon, riley, leah, gale(baltor/ariel)
Arena offensive: A++ (DPS)
Arena defensive: B++ (DPS)
Crucible: C+
Raids: A++

So wich hero is best to focus on? Early on, surely Ariel or tholin. Then you could go either for Mariana to help Ariel or help you in Crucible, Ulfang if you run a physical team, or star4t building Dokras (end game material). Tholin is a solid choice early on. All crucible heroes are good in some way, so choose your favourite.

Guild Emporium Heroes:
Alastair – arena and raid material. Dont know why, but since lvl 85 i feel he starts to fall apart, maily because i noticed his duck ability targets mainly the tanks during the fight, wich is not optimal. His ultimate can one-shot stuff at any level, and also can his sphere. Dont be obsessed like me to build a team around him (because of his mag attack increase ability), for he, in the end, is just a helper: helps disable heroes and helps your dps heroes to kill definitively single targets. So he needs DPS backup, don use him as your only DPS. Can be countered by a lot of stuff, as his stagger pose can be triggered by virtually any damage, and he is slow. Leah+Ulfang completely wrecks him (because for the whole fight, leah will strike him first because of ulfang haste, stopping his animation); Gale can kill him right away with her ultimate, and ariel-mariana can too. So.... weak overall. Good against Legendary Drago because of his Blind.
Arena defensive: D (helper)
Raids: B (against non magic-resistant bosses)
Early game: S
Overall vote: C+

Slim – the outlaw sucks until late game, but then he is OP. His lifesteal is extremely high, and basically cures himself with every hit. He is REALLY quick, and his basic attacks can crit to 6k damage. His ult targets the hero with less life, ensuring kills. He will be the quickest char after Seraphine to build up energy. Solo tanks can counter him well, soaking all the damage (so Torsen or Drago, and virtually hanzo, but he is #%?#……&#?%#%@?). Paired with AoE like ariel, mariana or Leah can trigger his ult to kill a backline hero early in the fight, making him a great hero in the lategame. Leah completely wrecks him in arena, as he is susceptible to Aoe.
Arena offensive: S- (DPS)
Arena defensive: C (DPS) / [A- (on lategame)]
Raids: S+
Early game: E
Overall vote: S - -

Wraxius – a Glass-Cannon, but man, at seven stars can wreck things.... If there is an enemy ulfang, he will copy his thrill of the hunt, hasting you chars. I noticed he copies the strongest abilities he can find, like dokras' hedgehogs, jasmine's abilities, alistair sphere etc... so he is a great char. Low life and low control over ultimate in arena, but for CoF he is GREAT as can copy flora’s healing. Suffers AoE, and Gale, Slim, Tanya, Riley or Baltor can kill him easily. One of the highest mag attacks in the game.
Arena offensive: A+ (DPS)
Arena defensive: A+ (DPS)
Raids: B+ (against many targets)
Overall vote: A+

Bloodspear - He dies off so quickly, i think its the most fragile char in game. Not because he has low stats, but because can do so much on paper, and on field he cant. But since his ultimate is so supportive for the team while he himself does decent damage, he is 1: a MUST for hall of legends, and 2: Really really strong against raid bosses. So yea, upgrade him and you wont regret it.
Arena offensive: C (DPS)
Arena defensive: C (DPS)
Raids: S
Overall vote: A+ (for HoL and Raids)

Jasmine - Her ultimate interrupts the whole enemy party, as well as healing AND blinding! The best support hero, performs PERFECLY in crucible. Orange fusion lets you get more health and armor, but losing that 20% healing bonus from enchanting her at purple +4 decreases her healing by a factor of 100 per wave. Not much, so just orange-fuse her. In arena performs REALLY well too. She changed the meta of the whole game, making possible for a return of magic heroes in arena. Unlocked the possibility for a timeout invincible defence formation, wich i will not share for my guilds privacy.
Arena offensive: S (support)
Arena defensive: S+++++++++++++++ (support)
Crucible: S+
Overall vote: S+

So yea, focus on Jas. Then either bloodspear or slim to help you in raids, and if you have the coin (so only top guilds), you could get Wrax.

Epic Arena Heroes:
Dr. Zeno – Complete and useless #%?#……&#?%#%@?. Too slow, got 2 buffs from the devs and still doesnt work well. Needs a party built on him, and he is strong only in raids (and sometimes crucible). Nah. There are such great heroes in epic arena, focus on Seraphine instead of him.
Arena offensive: F (What is his role in a fight again?)
Arena defensive: F (What? sucking eggs?)
Crucible: B+
Early game: B-
Late game: F
Overall vote: F

Seraphine – One of my favourite heros, can pack a punch at any level, especially at early levels where she cant be countered (but can only be obtained via purchase events), as her energy build up is the HIGHEST in the game. Can disrupt stacked heroes, and still if they are not stacked can do pretty decent damage! His rays ability wrecks, and she comboes with herself, so can be squeezed in any party, even physical ones to bring variety. Her dodge in the late game make her kinda tankish, and for sure she can be used to counter many formations out there (like leon+riley). She made a comeback paired with garrick, in double-tank energy formation: Drago, Leon, Seraphine, Garrick, Gizmo.
Arena defensive: A+ (DPS)
Early game: S+
Late game: A++

Riley – great hero, can buff party's crit: YAY! Her ult can heal her a lot, and i found that in dojo and bountyful she is key to success. Great in both campaign and crucible, shines in arena too. I love her, especially because she brings HAVOC in the enemy backline. Paired with any AoE she is BEAST. Suffers against an enemy Riley, and quickly (veeeery quickly) succumbs to Seraphine. Can solo tank in crucible, because her heal is sudden, making Vincent even less useful. So she is useful EVERYWHERE: upgrade her!
Crucible: S+
Raids: A+ (against many targets)
Early game: A+ (if you can get her. So buy gold chests!)

Baltor – Bad ultimate, but that can stack. Slow, slow hero, but can target backline quite well. Too slow for my taste, but deals quite the damage! Also, i love how he looks. Used by pro players throughout the servers. Used in lockout formation, wich locks the enemy in either timeout or unsustainable damage: Drago, Leon, Dokras, Jasmine, Baltor. You basically cant win against this formation, as its a variant of the invulnerable formation. Our guild changed the meta of 3 servers in 4 hours after the merge, since EVERYBODY from other servers switched their Urestag teams ( :lol: :lol: :lol: urestag :lol: :lol: :lol: ) for this or inv formation in defensive arena.
Arena offensive: A (DPS)
Raids:Dont know

Garrick - seen many screenshots of him doing 56k-99k-156k crit damage with a basic attack!!!!!!!!!!! CRAZY. His ultimate has some of the strongest buffs in the game, and in crucible this absolutely WRECKS, because you are sure you will kill all heroes in enemy party, so Garrick will cure, shield allies, and recover energy to them! His phys atk is sky high every 4 seconds (Over 6000!). Very very squishy, and casual, as his damage is not consistently high. I really like him, became my favourite hero in little time. Ah: against bosses in raids (ch14 for example), he does over 600k damage by himself, plus hasteing your party. I really really fear a nerf incoming for this hero...
Arena offensive: A+ (DPS+support)
Arena defensive: A+ (DPS+support)
Crucible: S++++
Raids: S++

So yeah, either Garrick or riley are basic option here. You could go for sera too if you have enough coin. Just, please, dont go for zeno...

Campaign heroes:
Torsen – dont like him. Cool in the early game, is like vincent: too situational. For attacking can help you, in campaign for example, but his only worth ability is his hammer. Ultimate is pretty not great and can be so easily countered: Seraphine eats Torsen Os’ for breakfast.
Arena offensive: A (Phys tank)
Arena defensive: B- (tank)
Crucible: D
Overall vote: D

Drago – the best tank. No weakspot whatsoever, we had an argument in our guild about him or elric being the best tank. Some people say he is best because of his resistances, some say its Elric because has Slow and Interrupt feature wich drago doesnt have. I can say he is the best SOLO tank, and resists REALLY good against both phys and mag damage. His ultimate can miss really easily, but he makes up with his lifesteal, wich heals him with the axe throw (aoe damage wich elric doesnt have). Being a resistance tank is the best target for shields (like Lucius’ , Crusher’s, etc). Cant think of a way to effectively counter him. His health recovery is huge early on, making him great at crucible too. Of course until purple fusion he is not that strong, because you need his fourth ability to really unlock his potential.
Arena offensive: S (Tank)
Arena defensive: S (tank)
Early game: E

Leon – Strong against physical teams, so only in late game when people start switching from magic teams to phys teams. Can tank REALLY well in late game, becoming second only to Drago, but before that dies off too quickly and his ult often never occurs. Late game material. Strong defence against Leah/Riley. A must at lvl 90. Seraphine can counter him well. Used often in double tank with Drago or in any physical teams, or in Aoe formation (Tholin, Leon, Riley, Leah, Gale)
Arena offensive: S (tank)
Arena defensive: S (tank)
Raids: C
Early game: D

Musashi – The king of damage, behaves well in raids and is not to be used in arena as he is too slow and depends on his ultimate (remember that heroes that depend on their ultimate to work are #%?#……&#?%#%@? in arena, as you cant control that). In campaign, dojo, crucible, etc he can really pack a punch, and also he can tank a little, paired with ulfang (lifesteal bonus). Often used when hid in the frontline between Elric and Vincen or Ulfang, but that is really susceptible to Seraphine and and enemy Musashi. His basic attacks hit the whole frontline.
Arena offensive: C (DPS)
Arena defensive: D (DPS)
Crucible: S (if you use a “kill the tanks right away strategy”), F (if you use a “Lets kill backline with AoE and feed on the tanks” Strategy)
Raids: B+
Early game: S
Overall vote: B -

Alana – When her ultimate procs, the fight is basically over. If her shield procs, the fight is basically over. Her attacks erode enemy armor, helping single target phys DPS (like slim or urestag). Great in physical teams (only there, remember), and totally scary. Often doesnt have enough time to build up energy, that's why she is not used.
Arena offensive: B (DPS)
Arena defensive: B+ (DPS)

Lucius – He is a completely defensive Helper: helps your team stay alive. In arena changes the rules of the game, putting new bodies on the field and giving more energy to your heroes. I think he is beast in arena. Easily looked over, people don try to counter him when attacking, and get wrecked (and after the fight still dont understand that the merit goes to him, because he doesnt do damage himself). His Energy buff often targets a hero that has almost a full bar, so its kinda useless at times. This aspect makes him more casual than i wished him to be.
Arena offensive: A+ (Helper)
Arena defensive: A+ (Helper)
Early game: B-

Selene – Both good at single target and Aoe with the buff gotten from the devs. Selene has magic armor reduction for enemy, so she works better in a completely mag team.
Arena offensive: A (DPS)
Arena defensive: A (DPS)
Late game: A-

Osiris - the anti-mage for excellence. She is GREAT in the endgame, especially in arena. Great comeback against Jasmine teams. Her ult one-shots stuff. Very happy with her.
Arena offensive: A+ (DPS)
Arena defensive: A++ (DPS)

Leah – Completely broken and OP. You should build your party on her, because her damage output is the BIGGEST in game. So your Gale is there only to buff her phys damage, your boomer and Riley are there only to buff her crit rating, your Ulfang is there only to buff her lifesteal and debuff enemy armor with Alana. Best DPS both single and Aoe. She can be countered well by Leon. Silence prevents her to use her ultimate.
Crucible: S (AoE)
Raids: S+ (many targets)
Late game: S++

Urestag – He is a truck that hits only the outermost enemy of a formation. So against phys tanks or minions (dokras’, lucius’, vincent’s) he has a hard time. Sees some play even in late game, but shines early on when wins fights by his own thanks to his buffs.
Arena offensive: B (DPS)
Arena defensive: A (DPS)
Raids: S (bosses)
Overall vote: B+ +

Boomer – not that great, but a good helper indeed. He can raise crit for the whole party and can freeze, as well as hitting backilne. Since Riley’s release, popular party became: Riley, Elric, Leah, Gale, Boomer.
Arena offensive: B (Helper)
Arena defensive: B- (Helper)
Crucible: dont know
Raids: dont know

Sumiko - Completely offensive helper. Helps your party by putting more damage onthe board. She buffs just the right heroes: the strongest phys attack hero gets her phys buff, and the strongest mag attack hero gets her magic attack buff. Just found a formation in wich she EXCELS at, and that is an AoE formation, and becomes an invaluable hero. She doesnt do damage herself, but her buffs are huge and in the right party can create some awkward situations. Valid hero.
Arena offensive: A+ (Helper)
Arena defensive: A- (Helper)
Crucible: A+ +
Raids: B+

Arachna – Got great buffs, didnt use her much before her aweakening.... i dont know how she behaves non-aweakened. After aweakenening became a must anti-tank in arena formation and great dps in Hol.

Hall of Legends Heroes:
Crusher – lol. NO. Wasted money. He is most definitively not a tank, and his abilities (wich are OP on paper) are too slow, and never see the field. OK ._. i saw him working with an all-mage formation: Crusher, Selene, Osiris, Seraphine, Alastair. His role is to deplete energy, and he does it quite well. Still, too slow and fragile for my taste.
Arena offensive: C (Helper)
Arena defensive: C (Helper)
Late game: E

Gizmo – Holy #%?#……&#?%#%@?. Yep, best hero ever. He's very squishy but can put out a godly amount of single target damage. GET-HIM-PERIOD. Paired with garrick he is just.... ah-ha!
Arena offensive: S+ (DPS)
Arena defensive: S+ (DPS)
Late game: S+

Gus - great paired with leon. His phis reduction is sweet and against phys teams he is a must. Great hero. Strong Aoe damage, but bad ult. While he rolls he is immune to all kinds of damage, and this is a significative strenght of his. With Jas, Dokras and Garrick (and a tank) can do many many things against the current meta in most servers.
Crucible: dont know

Arcturus - His freeze lasts few moments. I hoped it was like boomer's freeze (6 sec), but it lasts hardly 2 sec. Lots of freeze and 2 damage-only abilities. Too squishy but in crucible performs well (tried him as mercenary for 2 runs.. its a free stop party-wide every fight, basicallyl). In arena i donth think he would have such luck. Not strong overall.
Arena defensive: B (helper)
Late game: B++

Limited heroes:

Killjoy - He looks like he could be an arena star. I fear the moment when he will be released, because people already have many timeout formations out there. With his ultimate and Energy efficiency, he is the perfect staller, with dokras, jasmine and arcturus. He is difficult to use in crucible, but can do some real tanking because of his ultimate. Works well with magic because of his taunt, so jas is perfect with him, dealing magic damage and blinding enemies when killjoy buffs their phys attack. Also Gus works well with him. I love his originality, so i wish i could give an A as vote, but.... still not sure.
Arena offensive: B+ (Tank)
Arena defensive: B+ (tank)
Raids: E
Overall vote: B+

Xanos - i love this guy. He goes around on the field, dealing aoe magic damage and damage over time. Yes, magic, that's why i dont think he will really shine... For now he disappointed me. His damage should be higher. Right now he TRIES to be a tank and TRIES to deal damage, and does both mediocrely. So, mediocre hero.
Arena offensive: B+ (support)
Arena defensive: B+ (support)
Crucible: B+ +

Havoc - seemed useless in the beginnning, but paired with leah does his job. Squishy, but effective. Too casual for my taste, and weak to Osiris. His Aoe is better than Leah's! Works well in this formation: Riley, tholin, Leah, Havoc, Wraxious. I dont have him and didnt try him, so i will not give grades

Tanya - Perfect anti-mage. When mages were having a comeback, they give to people the perfect anti-mage. Its the Jas-killer for excellence, followed by ethera. Will give grades in a few more days.

Kaneq - Mixed Aoe with high single target damage. I love his abilities (but i hate how he looks). His ult can do Aoe while one-shotting his target! Great in crucible if you ask me. Didnt survive the meta in arena. His freeze i think its the best in the game. There are constantly frozen heroes on the field when he is in battle, wich is better than arcturus. Overall: he can do all, aoe, single target, and freeze. I like him.
Arena offensive: B+ (DPS)
Raids: A+ (many targets)

Vernos - Plants versus zombies. Many people use him for defending arena... i just think he is wasted. Dont like him, his abilities are stupid and all. Bah. He has tank equipment, and his damage is a mix between magic and phys. Stupid hero.
Arena offensive: B+ (support)
Arena defensive: A (support)
Early game: -not available-
Late game: C+
Overall vote: C+

Aqua - currently testing. Looks like he is GREAT.
Last edited by Michele Schiavetta on Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:00 am, edited 41 times in total.
Server 021 Avilmare
guild [Rise & Repeat] 30291

Michele Schiavetta
Squire
Squire

Re: [Guide]Advices from a Pro

Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:31 am

Nikolai Onischishin wrote:
Awesome job man!

Question: where can I find the info on character abilities nerfs and such?

You can find that only on forum, in developer's diary, and news history. Dont think its crucial reading though. Buffs are displayed ingame, they're not secret, so, for example, if Alana gets her abiility buffed, you will see her buffed ability's description display the new damage output, not the original.
Server 021 Avilmare
guild [Rise & Repeat] 30291