Noomy
Squire
Squire

Addressing Awakening rumors

Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:36 pm

This post was posted on behalf of Abhinav with whom I'm in contact via Line.

Abhinav wishes to address the concerns regarding the awakening rumors which have been going around and has mentioned the following:

I have been actively using a VIP account and non VIP account on the same server. I can tell you getting 7* heroes on a non-VIP account is near impossible. For the better part of a year non-VIP players have only had 1 stamina reset. Even with 2 stamina resets now it's a tough choice between which heroes to farm stones on.
Now if the awakening is only available to 7* heroes then this would completely tip the balance towards VIP players. This game has been walking over a thin line in maintaining game balance and this would completely break that.

Here ends Abhinav's message.

On a personal note I have to say I agree with Abhinav's point of view completely and stand by this post myself.

~Noomy

Server: 025
Guild: Vikings

Michele Schiavetta
Squire
Squire

Re: Addressing Awakening rumors

Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:28 pm

never thought of that, because i'm VIP... but, i never use resets, (and never did use them except on events of double ss) and i have lots of 7* char... its just a matter of time. I dont understand this complaint. If you want a 7* bloodspear you need your guild to be active, not yourself to be VIP... right? Same goes for Hall of Legends, arena, crucible etc...
Server 021 Avilmare
guild [Rise & Repeat] 30291

Michele Schiavetta
Squire
Squire

Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:30 am

ashOck21 wrote:
Michele Schiavetta wrote:
never thought of that, because i'm VIP... but, i never use resets, (and never did use them except on events of double ss) and i have lots of 7* char... its just a matter of time. I dont understand this complaint. If you want a 7* bloodspear you need your guild to be active, not yourself to be VIP... right? Same goes for Hall of Legends, arena, crucible etc...

Not sure I understand how the active guild helps get a hero to seven stars. What you are missing as a VIP is that we do not get any daily multipliers on the calendar either. So for the Gus SS we received, VIP got twice as many. By the end of this month, a VIP15 will have 96 more Gus SS than a nonVIP. Even in double SS events, a nonVIP only gets a single recharge for 20 gems, limiting the haul to six SS on any day. For the Tholin event beginning tomorrow, we will not get either the 80 or 180 SS that spending will give.

Not complaining, but I stopped my heroes at six stars because it would take almost two months of daily SS farming to get to seven and bringing others to four, five or six stars takes priority.

if you ask such a question like "how the active guild helps get a hero to 7 stars", well, i imagine you are either party level 10 ore really really naive... my guild is the first in the server, and of course i have ali, slim, wrax and bloodspear 7*. Also we always win guild wars 7/7 so that's another 180k more arsenal coins than other guilds... see where this is going? if you are good in arena you get many heroes' soulstones. So what i meant is that you are referring to campaign heroes (19-20 heroes), while not thinking of the other heroes wich you dont need to reset heroic stages to get their soulstones (another 20ish heroes). And of course nobody told you to get to 7*, its a good tactic stopping at 6*: 2 months work for 1k ish more life, 100ish more phys and mag attack, and 90ish more armors its a little too much. No need to get to 7* right now.
Server 021 Avilmare

Michele Schiavetta
Squire
Squire

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:08 am

ashOck21 wrote:
It's interesting that you need to place a label on me as either naïve or level 10. I guess that is supposed to make my question and points I raise less cogent. I recognize your great understanding and willingness to share it and was not questioning your assertion, but asking for more clarification, which you gave (thanks, as always).

A strong guild helps directly in the guild store, but only indirectly on most of the other venues that SS can be secured. The main way it helps is in making it easier to secure items needed for fusion, leading to increased success. But, again, there is a limit for most players as that will just help them begin to compete with other VIP players. And strong guilds are rare.

How rare are strong guilds? Well, on server two, the top guild earns 104k guild points every three days. By the 5th place, 68k points are earned and that drops precipitously to 38k for 6th place. Moving into these guilds is not very easy. There are barriers that include loyalty to the current guild and the inertia to not make an uncertain change and welcoming spots available. This limits the number of guild coins available to bring heroes to seven stars. I am in the third place guild, have enough surplus guild coins for fifty more SS, and am not close to getting any of the four heroes that you name to seven stars. It is tougher for those in lower ranked guilds.

And, yes, I was focused on the SS that could be secured via heroic levels (and recharges). But that includes the initial three heroes that can be awakened.

All right, you are right then. But this was to be expected ... of course VIP players have some kind of advantage, and if that advantage is so far in the game (getting a hero to 7* or aweakened is end-game material) it doesnt make the game a pay-to-win. You REALLY dont need a hero to be 7*... And btw i found my leon (wich i didnt use) to be 6* with 60 ss without EVER farming his stones (so no resets) or buying events with leon. So yeah, i started farming (without reset, i never do) and now i have him 7*. Not really that difficult... i own 70 diamonds since a month now (but i do have the monthly card active) and still reset 4-6 times stamina per day ...
Server 021 Avilmare