User avatar
GreyWind
Knight
Knight
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:34 pm

Weird matchmaking

Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:07 pm

How this weird Guild Wars matchmaking works?
I've been in big guilds and fought against small ones, as i've been in the opposite situation.
There's so many guilds spreaded around the servers (big or small), so why this happens?
Where's the fun on fight like this?
There's no competition/fun with a matchmaking like this.
I mean, in a big one is like "Oh, a small guild. Do whatever you want, dudes. We will win this anyway."
Randomization of items in shops is a mistake.
 
User avatar
Namorat
Viscount
Viscount
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:47 pm

Re: Weird matchmaking

Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:20 pm

I believe they match you with increasingly stronger guilds usually. At least that is what almost always happened during each season so far.
no more money from me
 
User avatar
JerenSoon
Viscount
Viscount
Posts: 548
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:48 am

Re: Weird matchmaking

Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:55 am

LIke I said before: First match depends on Average Guild Strength and GP per day.
Later match will depends on how many victories you have throughout current season(Means that you will meet stronger guild with same Number of GW Victory as yours)
Image

What I might posting or commenting are on my personal opinion and doesn't speak on behalf of Lilith Games.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCijF2XiHl5wLdivANRVRS0A
 
User avatar
Namorat
Viscount
Viscount
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:47 pm

Re: Weird matchmaking

Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:17 am

JerenSoon wrote:
LIke I said before: First match depends on Average Guild Strength and GP per day.
Later match will depends on how many victories you have throughout current season(Means that you will meet stronger guild with same Number of GW Victory as yours)


I don't think average guild strength is correct as almost all people I talk to tell me the first guild they face often only has 10-20 members. Average gp per player I would believe easier.
no more money from me
 
User avatar
KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Posts: 1899
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:50 am

Re: Weird matchmaking

Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:25 am

I think it's just the number of wins the guild had in the season.
 
User avatar
Namorat
Viscount
Viscount
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:47 pm

Re: Weird matchmaking

Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:28 am

KemosabeTBC wrote:
I think it's just the number of wins the guild had in the season.


Sounds about right to me. That explains the wonky first battles ^^
no more money from me
 
User avatar
GreyWind
Knight
Knight
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Weird matchmaking

Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:12 pm

Shouldn't Lilith change this?
There's no sense on using just the number of victories as a parameter.
At least the number of members would be better.
Randomization of items in shops is a mistake.
 
User avatar
JerenSoon
Viscount
Viscount
Posts: 548
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:48 am

Re: Weird matchmaking

Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:58 pm

GreyWind wrote:
Shouldn't Lilith change this?
There's no sense on using just the number of victories as a parameter.
At least the number of members would be better.


At first I was thinking about Guild Member numbers were the factor; but it's total different like Namorat said:

Namorat wrote:
I don't think average guild strength is correct as almost all people I talk to tell me the first guild they face often only has 10-20 members. Average gp per player I would believe easier.


Mind that first match you might or not meeting with weaker guild somehow.
But in later matches(Round 2 till 8), it's Number of Victories will be parameter (It's even no sense if you always meet weaker Guild, do you? You might get Guild Warlord Frame in ease)
Image

What I might posting or commenting are on my personal opinion and doesn't speak on behalf of Lilith Games.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCijF2XiHl5wLdivANRVRS0A
 
User avatar
GreyWind
Knight
Knight
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Weird matchmaking

Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:25 pm

Someone told me that the first half of the season is to the stronger guilds farm points. In other words, the weaker are just "pigs for slaughter".
The other half is the really competitive one.
Is this correct?
Randomization of items in shops is a mistake.
 
User avatar
JerenSoon
Viscount
Viscount
Posts: 548
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:48 am

Re: Weird matchmaking

Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:47 pm

GreyWind wrote:
Someone told me that the first half of the season is to the stronger guilds farm points. In other words, the weaker are just "pigs for slaughter".
The other half is the really competitive one.
Is this correct?


It's half-right: First Match was very unpredictable; and when you get more victories, thing's getting harder and harder regardless of how strong their guild is.
Weaker ones might have their path (I'm sure the System will re-consider on their current guild strength, I guess)
Image

What I might posting or commenting are on my personal opinion and doesn't speak on behalf of Lilith Games.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCijF2XiHl5wLdivANRVRS0A

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest