Ephemeral
Squire
Squire

Team building help!

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:42 pm

Okay so I've been playing for 3 weeks and I'm level 40 now so I'm looking for a team build for CoF Arena and Campaign (not really).

List of heroes :

Blue +2
Firehawk ***
Mariana ***
Blood spear **

Blue +1

Taurus **
Malrath ***
Zem **
Flora **
Vincent ***
Elric **
Ember **
Drago **
Garrick **
Octo **
Alana ***
Kong **
Tashi **
Osiris **
Arachna **
Ezio ***
Gale **
Leon **
Ulfang ***

And I'm just a few shards away from getting ethera so any suggestions

Mirage
Knight
Knight

Re: Team building help!

Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:40 am

I would suggest : Firehawk,Taurus,Zem and Malrath.

FakeLikeFaker
Knight
Knight

Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:49 am

For COF, you probably want to get Xanos from the arena instead of Ethera. Ethera does not really shine until awakened (level 90+) whereas Xanos shines at all levels.

Firehawk - good choice, keep working on him
Mariana - drop for Jasmine eventually
-some might argue that LingLing and the Li Twins are better than Jasmine but their SoulStones are much harder to get
Blood spear - Good for HoL (level 65+) and Raids (need access to chapter 7+ in Campaign), not really useful in anywhere else.

Taurus - Similar to Xanos, good in CoF, Raids (except boss stage), Campaign, Arena, only bad in HoL.
Malrath - His SoulStones are pretty hard to get (VIP 11+) but he is a good DPS tank. Unless you can get his SS, I would drop him since he'll be stuck at 3*
Zem - Arguably best hero in the game, that excels in pretty much every aspect of the game. He should be your #1 priority in the CoF store, get him to 6* then work on Taurus is what I would recommend.

Flora - drop for Jasmine, but you can use Flora until then
Vincent - He's good until P+1 which is around level ~60, then you should drop him (since you'll have Zem + Xanos)
Elric - A tank with low damage but easy to access SS. You could use him in on of your Epic Arena team (you'll need 15 heros) and having a tank there is not so bad.
Ember - drop immediately
Drago - Just use Elric if you want a tank, Elric have a awaking so yeah..
Garrick - He is really good, you'll want to work on him ASAP. His SS is not available until level 60, so he'll be stuck at 2* for some time. Garrick one of the best single target damage dealer in the game. Great in PVE, decent in PVP with the right set up, or right opponents. He is a great counter to Xanos in the arena, assuming AOE doesn't kill Garrick right away.
Octo - SS in bad place (same as Zem + Taurus) so consider dropping
Alana - a different version of Bloodspear, but easier access SS.
Kong - same as Octo, Kong is pretty good in my opinion but he's still really new.
Tashi - too new for me to judge
Osiris - Limited usage, and outclassed by other mages
Arachna - Good counter for physical heros, and easy to access SS. Good hero for epic arena, but that's about it.
Ezio - same as Malrath, unless your can afford 7*, don't bother with him.
Gale - easy access SS, but does not excel in any areas. Good hero, just not great.
Leon - same as Drago
Ulfang - outclass by other hero with similar kit.
Last edited by FakeLikeFaker on Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mirage
Knight
Knight

Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:19 am

@FakeLikeFaker Wow. That was really classic. Such nice work done. Would you consider writing a guide? I would definitely look forward to it.

Defender
Squire
Squire

Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:15 am

Could I get help?

ezio ***
Serafine******
Ariel*****
Jasmine***
Magdor******
Flora*****
Vincent*****
Musashi****
Ulfang****
Tareth***
Dr Zeno ******
Mariana*****
Lumos*****
Torsen****
Alastair****
Dokras****
Xanos****
Zem****
Arcturus***
Ember****
Osiris****
Selen****
Slim***
Riley*****
Tashi****
Kong****
Hanzo****
Namatar****
Kaneq*****
Baltor****
Radulf**
Urestag****
Elric****
Gale*****
Dragos****
Leon****
Esabel****
Alana****
Tarus***
Garrick***
Gus**
Cara***
Arachna***
Cyana***
Lucius***
Mortus*****
Boomer****
Enrique***
Killjoy**
Sumiko***
Gizmo***
Ethera***
Tanya***
Bloodspear***
Aqua****

Right now my top team is the top 5 of list.
If we claim to have no sin, then we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth.
1 John 1:8

Ivanrgs
Baron
Baron

Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:10 am

Great reply Father, almost guide :)
My two cents:

I suggest not to drop Ezio till maybe 60-65. Items at those levels are not difficult to get but he really shines in many aspects including main arena. He perfectly counters firehawk at those levels, which is presented a lot at normal arena.

Both Kong and Tashi good, but yes, I got kong as login hero. For newer guy probably better to prioritize on Zem and Taurus who are way OP for arena.

Defender, your level?

Hexler
Squire
Squire

Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:06 am

I'd also appreciate some help.
lvl 43, playing on a fairly new server(48 is the top level here atm, i have been playing for ~ a week)
Heroes i've got :
Blue +2:

Serafine ***
Firehawk ***
Zem **
Tashi **
Radulf **
Wraxius ***
Ling Ling ***
Riley ***
Elric ***
Ezio ***

Blue +1(rarely used heroes):
Gus **
Marianna **
Flora**
Leon **
Lumos**
Cara**
Drago *

Blue(not using anyone) :
Ember **
Gale **
Arachna **
Mortus *
Tanya ***
Shirley ***

Didn't upgrade:
Chrona ***(she's pretty new)
Osiris **
Lucius **
Octo **

My team for arena(and other things) is
Radulf
Firehawk
Serafine
Zem
Tashi

Do I need to make any changes to my team?
Any other help is welcome too.

Ivanrgs
Baron
Baron

Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:03 am

In arena replace seraphine for very long time (till awaken)
Get Taurus, no other way around to stay competitive. :)
If not many Kongs on your server Cara will also do great at those levels.
Ezio should be good, surprised you prefer seraphine.

Elric You can drop. Riley also will become weak soon, but has niche in CoF and valkyries dojo. Wraxius seems not used anymore (after 80)
Starting 80+ Tanya can do well, so don't fully drop her. She also works well against some HoL bosses.

In general your team has solid choice of heroes but I can't say at which levels they will be better/worse, especially new ones: Radulf and Tashi.
And keep investing in Taurus and Zem.

PS chrona is paid hero and have all chances to become great. Not everyone will have her, so she may become you advantage. But as happened to Mirielle may not, still I suggest investing while level is low and it is easy.

Hexler
Squire
Squire

Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:17 am

Ivanrgs wrote:
In arena replace seraphine for very long time (till awaken)
Get Taurus, no other way around to stay competitive. :)
If not many Kongs on your server Cara will also do great at those levels.
Ezio should be good, surprised you prefer seraphine.

Elric You can drop. Riley also will become weak soon, but has niche in CoF and valkyries dojo. Wraxius seems not used anymore (after 80)
Starting 80+ Tanya can do well, so don't fully drop her. She also works well against some HoL bosses.

In general your team has solid choice of heroes but I can't say at which levels they will be better/worse, especially new ones: Radulf and Tashi.
And keep investing in Taurus and Zem.

PS chrona is paid hero and have all chances to become great. Not everyone will have her, so she may become you advantage. But as happened to Mirielle may not, still I suggest investing while level is low and it is easy.

Thanks for your reply, really helpful. I will try to get taurus, but for now i will swap Serafine for Ezio

Ivanrgs
Baron
Baron

Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:22 am

Never mind. By the way don't read my advice as final and unarguable truth. If you can keep more than 5 heroes fully developed experiment with teams. Later you will need at least 10 heroes to be good in epic arena.
Sometimes weak heroes do great timing. It may be actual only few levels but still works.

You also need keep ling ling leveled for future guild raids and hall of legends. She is also viable in Crucible especially if you learned to use her ult correctly (perfectly cooked).