Maxie3
Squire
Squire

Soul Hunters lore?

Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:27 am

Hello, Soul Hunters!
First of all, sorry for my bad English. It's not my native language. ^^'

So, I was recently thinking... is this game will have a depth lore (or any lore) or it will forever be the battleground with blank and random heroes?
That was not a problem back when I "joined the hunt" (Riley release). But now, especially with Octo and Dina release, I am pretty confused. What are they doing here? What even are they? For what they are fighting? And other stuff.
I think there is a big potential in character lore in this game. For example, Elric lore could tell us precisely why he is so loyal to his kingdom and maybe what happened in his past (maybe his past was tragical, maybe not). Or Dina lore could tell us about her costume and how/why she obtained it. Or Leah lore could be about her tribe and why she is not with them anymore. The possibilities are endless.
Adding that depth may make you look at your heroes in a completely new way.

InhaleExhale
Baron
Baron

Re: Soul Hunters lore?

Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:01 pm

i think the style of heroes is chibi-look, so any heroes are good (as developers may think), especially gilrs in dino cotumes!=)))) you are thinking "what a hell" and devs are - "dino-girl is a masterpiece!"

Maxie3
Squire
Squire

Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:39 pm

InhaleExhale wrote:
i think the style of heroes is chibi-look, so any heroes are good (as developers may think), especially gilrs in dino cotumes!=)))) you are thinking "what a hell" and devs are - "dino-girl is a masterpiece!"

What? Nono, that is not a problem. I do not criticize the character's model. The problem is that every character is blank and random, and with release even new characters, it's just worse. The army of random guys hardly makes anyone recognisable.

InhaleExhale
Baron
Baron

Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:36 pm

Maxie3 wrote:
What? Nono, that is not a problem. I do not criticize the character's model. The problem is that every character is blank and random, and with release even new characters, it's just worse. The army of random guys hardly makes anyone recognisable.

so lets make a competition for best LORE-story for your favorite character, if devs cant do it - let do it by ourselves))) (for diamonds ofcourse :pick_nose

which heroes do you think doesnt fit to game story?? besides dino-girl maybe

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:25 am

You guys are welcome to create heroes stories and share here.

Unity
Knight
Knight

Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:13 am

The one thing that is missing in Soul Hunters is what I call a master enemy, or the hero's primary antagonist. The Bowser to the Mario Bros., the Shredder to the Ninja Turtles. What is this villain's purpose, and how has this villain affected a few, if not all of the heroes in such a way that they opted to fight or rebel against the villain. Soul Hunters doesn't have a true ending like most video games do... but that's the nature MMORPGs, it seems.

Do not forget that Soul Hunters is an English region adaption of Dot Arena, the Asian title. You might want to consider looking into the Asian version for some ideas. Many of the heroes were given style changes before exportation (ex: Alana is Dawn without the mask, and Leon is Lucas with a hammer instead of a scepter; check out the glasses), so keep this in mind. Each region also has its own game engine - the English adaption works primarily with Physical and Magic, but the Asian version also incorporates Strength, Intelligence and Agility. The game scripts in the Asian version could be different, too.

Holydoc
Knight
Knight

Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:11 pm

Have the entity by like a Galaxy's. The desrtoyer of worlds.
Meaning that the toons here have lost their birth worlds due to him. So now they come here to one of the last few words left in the galaxy that Galactus has not devoured. Thank you for your time and patience.