Kal
Squire
Squire

Massive gold issues?

Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:23 am

So I've been playing for about 3 days and on my first server I got into a bit of an issue because all my heroes were underlevelled skill wise, and I was gaining levels too fast. Add the fact that the main gold income is from crucible which is too hard currently due to my skills being underlevelled for the most part and I have no idea what to do, how do you get gold?

I decided to try on a new server just to see if I could keep up if I spent all my gold on skills, and I'm still lagging behind to the point where it seems impossible to keep ability levels maxed unless you take it real slow/buy gold.

Is it supposed to be this hard, or am I doing something wrong?

Unhealer
Knight
Knight

Re: Massive gold issues?

Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:49 pm

It works on that way. I've been playing for 7 days and im lvl 41. Not a single hero capped on the skills, because of the gold.
:cruel

megachirops
Knight
Knight

Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:15 am

Yeah, I've played several of these type games and they are all like that. Unless you pour in a decent amount of cash you're going to be at least into the mid levels before you start catching up.

I started this one a couple weeks ago and at level 50 I'm just starting to get caught up on skills on 10 or so heroes. And I still have a half dozen that are level 1 and waiting to be worked on.

cnlew
Knight
Knight

Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:04 pm

a lot of my hero's are skill caped and i still have a good amount of gold that i did not buy finding the rate of 50 gems for 26000 gold laughable. you will never have enough gold to max all your hero's so focus on the ones that you use often and work well in your parties "Theme" there are several gold sources: the mines, bountiful caravans, guilds mercenary camp and the crucible being the least reliable use the others first.

Arcatrina
Squire
Squire

Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:07 pm

I've noticed that not only is gold a big issue but so is the small amount of exp potions you get. Constantly running out of both, even trying to keep your main team of 5 up and going.

SirKenzo
Knight
Knight

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:10 am

Yup, I had this problem when started and the first months as well. My only solution was to spend some diamonds (Midas touch) to get coins. When you can play COF, you will get rich!! :D
Let the good vibes get a lot stronger.

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:43 am

Gold isn't much of an issue for me anymore, because of Mines, Cof, Bountiful every other day, Mercenary camp and spending 1000+ stamina a day.
Now I'm just behind in xp instead L0l.

rhaaalovely
Knight
Knight

Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:03 pm

it's tempting when you start playing to try to have as many heroes as possible... but you should rather focus on 7-8 heroes

1 healer, 2 tanks (1 reserve comes in handy for CoF), and 4-5 others

after a few weeks gold will be less of an issue and you can then start to lvl up new chars

Lockhart
Baron
Baron

Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:02 am

It gets better.
Server: 090 Spartan Dagger
Guild: Leader of AVALANCHE - 50579