Peecha
Squire
Squire

5* vs 7*

Sat May 28, 2016 6:47 pm

Hello!
This issue has been fairly discussed on the old forum. Without any official response from kick9/lilith.
Sadly it was on general discussion and not in the bugs section (here is the link http://forum.us.kick9.com/viewtopic.php ... cdd9f99bc3).

tl;dr: Basically if you put identical teams (equips, enchants) one being all 5* and the other 7*, against each other in arena... the team with lower stars win!
Also a lot of heroes being promoted to 7* are worse in performance than less * version!

I hope it gets more attention here now.

Leo Garcia
Knight
Knight

Re: 5* vs 7*

Sat May 28, 2016 8:37 pm

I do not find it surprising that a hero with 5* will beat a hero with 7* (both heroes being the same). Some players think that having more stars is always better—that is not always the case. I personally think that tanks should be the only ones taken to 7*.

One of the problems with 7* heroes is that they take longer to charge their ultimates. And again this should not be a surprise. As you upgrade your heroes, they will receive more magic and physical armor. The more armor they have, the less energy they are going to get when they get hit. Because they have strong armor, they are not going to receive a lot of damage; thus, they will not receive a lot of energy. This is the same reason why a 3* hero will charge his or her ultimate faster. Now, I am not 100% sure if this is the reason why it takes them longer to charge, but it makes sense.

Peecha
Squire
Squire

Sat May 28, 2016 11:04 pm

Well thats what happens... and it is ridiculous! How is that shouldn't be surprise? When i upgrade hero i expect that he gets better overall.
Do you think putting so much effort and time into gathering 750 extra soulstones and being rewarded with the game screwing you is ok? I don't.
Thats bad design atleast.
Energy charging should scale with hero stars.

Alex
Knight
Knight

Sun May 29, 2016 7:01 am

Of course Peecha. Either energy charging or maximum health have to grow proportionally!

You can use a three star hero to beat a 7 team if you choose wisely. That's totally normal. And a good thing.

But a mirror team with less stars cannot be winning!! It goes against the meaning of the game!
S19 [IM]

Brainless
Knight
Knight

Mon May 30, 2016 7:16 am

Alex wrote:
Of course Peecha. Either energy charging or maximum health have to grow proportionally!

You can use a three star hero to beat a 7 team if you choose wisely. That's totally normal. And a good thing.

But a mirror team with less stars cannot be winning!! It goes against the meaning of the game!

Hehee... I allmost allways beat mirror with my lesser star team!
So yeah..... its unbalanced atm....
Team name: [SL]✨Brainless
Server: 066 Urestag
Guild: Soul Legacy
Level: 100
Vip: 11

InhaleExhale
Baron
Baron

Mon May 30, 2016 9:01 am

Honestly, Guys personally I can’t say is it true or false)))
From one side – heroes with more * can’t lose to the same heroes with less stars, 7* have more def so they resistant to crits!!! It not fair now!
But promoting to 7* could be useful in PvE – in raids, vs bosses etc.
We need to balance the game definitely, so that 7* heroes become stronger in PvP too

Allahu Akbar
Knight
Knight

Mon May 30, 2016 9:13 am

Yeah, the problem is that the ultimates are far more important and affect a lot more in the fight than a +30 Physical Armor (for example), so if having less armor make you get more damage and build energy faster, it will obviously make you use your ulti before your enemy (and if these come from broken heroes with OP ultis, then you will have a lot of advantage), this is a issue which should be solved.

Alex
Knight
Knight

Mon May 30, 2016 11:11 am

InhaleExhale wrote:

Unfortunately the difference is even bigger against bosses... Since most of the damage is done by your ultimates and most of the bosses attack just kills your heroes one shot no matter what. My personal record on HOL drago Has been made with a 3 stars Hanzo...
S19 [IM]

InhaleExhale
Baron
Baron

Mon May 30, 2016 11:19 am

Alex wrote:
InhaleExhale wrote:

Unfortunately the difference is even bigger against bosses... Since most of the damage is done by your ultimates and most of the bosses attack just kills your heroes one shot no matter what. My personal record on HOL drago Has been made with a 3 stars Hanzo...

It’s hard to calculate it in proper way, but my logic is – the higher defence and HP your heroes have – the more time they are alive vs BOSS – the more damage they inflict at summary…
Btw I played raid 13 just now, set on auto-battle after breaking the boss shield, and 1st time I inflict 1.4kk damage, 2nd – 2.0kk so it’s a matter of luck in PvE also)))

p.s. great avatar!=)))

Alex
Knight
Knight

Mon May 30, 2016 11:29 am

Thanks yours is nice too ahahaha.
S19 [IM]