Xyzor
Squire
Squire

Arena Timeouts

Sun May 15, 2016 7:02 pm

You MUST MUST MUST re-think either the time limit on arena fights, or the ridiculous length of some of the un-interruptible arena ultimates.

Particularly Jasmine and Dokras' ultimates. If they are on both teams, you can almost guarantee a timeout because 1/2 the fight is them sitting there doing their animations. Either add 10-20 second to fights, or shave 30-40% off of the length of the animation for their ultimates. Now with Ezio being un-hittable for a large portion of fights, the problem will only get worse.

It makes the arena significantly less fun to have so many fights end with timeouts. Fix it please. Or at least re-evaluate it and make sure that this is really how you want it to function.
Last edited by Xyzor on Mon May 16, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xyzor
Squire
Squire

Re: Arena Timeouts

Sun May 15, 2016 7:05 pm

Or maybe just use the Epic Arena rules for regular arena. Surviving heroes as first tiebreaker, dmg as the second. It is fair and would go a long way towards fixing this annoying issue.

Tryndamere
Baron
Baron

Mon May 16, 2016 5:46 pm

Xyzor wrote:
Or maybe just use the Epic Arena rules for regular arena. Surviving heroes as first tiebreaker, dmg as the second. It is fair and would go a long way towards fixing this annoying issue.

I NEED IT SO FAST. I have 3 hero alive and my enemy 1 and he won the battle... its so annoying:/
the chaos and the calm

Urion
Community Program (Soul Hunters)
Community Program (Soul Hunters)

Mon May 16, 2016 9:02 pm

I disagree, time outs must be in place for the Arena.
When it comes to arena you only have 1 team defending, so its important that the defense team holds an advantage.
Time out is in place for this exact reason.
If you want to take their spot you must find a way to break their defense, every team is beatable.
In EA the rules are different because there are 2/3 fights.
Practice counters and write them down and you will never have an issue with time outs.
Awakened Arachna completely counters those Jasmine defense teams =)
Urion - 90, Guild Leader of Legacy
FB Mod - English SH FB Group
SH Community Program Member
Realm 1 - Season 2/3 (8-0)
30-1 GW record

Xyzor
Squire
Squire

Mon May 16, 2016 10:04 pm

I do understand the balancing purpose of timeouts. Maybe you are right that EA rules shouldn't replace the existing normal Arena system. Perhaps that goes too far.

What I think has gotten a bit out of balance with the current time limits are the length of the animations for newer characters. I mentioned Jasmine and Dokras, but there are others as well with excessively long animation times that pause everything else in the battle. I think the fix would be speeding up those animation times for non-player-controlled battles. That is probably a lot of work, though (to add a second ult animation to a bunch of characters and the necessary coding checks to use the right one), so maybe just adding a bit of time overall would be a simpler approach. That is more of a broadsword than a scalpel, though.