In what aspects of the game do you think that Lilith Games should work more?

1-I think that the pay to win policy is ok
1 (2%)
2-I'd improve the balance of the game
10 (16%)
3-I'd work more to fix the connection problems.
6 (10%)
4-I'd like to see more new heros
3 (5%)
5-I think that the awakenings fix the balance problems
3 (5%)
6-I like the VIP heros and i want them overpowered
3 (5%)
7-I like the events where you have to pay 100 Dolars/Euros to complete them
2 (3%)
8-It's ok. For me the game should continue like now
No votes
9-I don't understand that, in a battle game, heros are unbalanced
5 (8%)
10-I think that each hero has its pros and cons and they are balanced
1 (2%)
11-I'd like to see more hero's skins
6 (10%)
i like to pay for extra abilities to my heros
3 (5%)
12-I think this game would be better if i could be more competitive spending less money on it
7 (11%)
13-I think that the prices of things in this game are abusive
11 (18%)

Total votes: 61

ferisadi
Squire
Squire

Re: Game's direction Survey

Thu May 11, 2017 9:54 pm

The right to exist for a game such as Soul Hunters, comes from paying costomers. No revenue from paying players = No money for running servers, no money for paying game artists, designers, developers, software testers, etc.

That said, I do not think Soul hunters is heading in a optimal direction. The most succesfull mobile games use a business model where all content is or after some time becomes available to all players. By putting a hard limit for acces to content by only paying costomers, I think a unhealthy line is crossed.

Most non or little paying costomers will feel that the gap between F2P and P2P is getting even bigger as it already was. Also the feeling that even with all the time, love and dedication which they put in this game, that they cannot ever achieve something (because its locked behind a paywall), will bring some unpleasant feelings. Which probably leads to losing costomers in the F2P, but also in the small spenders segment. Then u end up with a significant smaller player base and the geam will bleed out within around a year of time. Which would not be in anyones interest.

Ofcourse paying players Should have big advantages (they already have).
Buy more stamina = faster leveling up = Equipping higher level gear + Higher skill lvls = Stronger heroes
Combine this with the fact that buying premium heroes especially at early / mid game gives verry big advantage.
And the fact that many of these premium heroes are verry strong (throughout all phases in the game).

This results into:
More DPS in raids, Higher arena ranking, Better HOL results etc.
Wich results in better rewards = Even stronger heroes and more free diamonds which can be spend to get stronger.

Later in game by paying, heroes can be awakened faster. Forge can help get heroes stronger faster. U can buy items from vendors to get stronger faster. There are already so many options to get much stronger then your competition by paying for this game. The advantages for paying players are already substantial. In my opinion widening this gap between F2P and P2P is bad.
-----------------------------

What would I do?

Instead of adding a skill to a hero which is only availble by paying 30-40 bucks. Unlock this 5th skill through a awakening quest. People who pay this 30-40 bucks to unlock this 5th skill, get the awakening item immediatly! Including all dust to fully enchant it. for instance. The people who do not pay this 30-40 bucks, will have to spend all the diamonds and stamina to get this item and this will take 1-2 months. In this way all content is still available for F2P.... but available much easier and faster if u pay for it.

Ofcourse we also need to adress End Game. The longer a server exists. The smaller paying paying players have over F2P players. Because even a F2P or a small spender with lets say VIP5, will after 1,5-2 years of playing reach the point of having quite some maximized heroes to be competitive with P2P players. This is because:

- You only need 5 maxed heroes to be quite competitive in arena.
- You only need 15 maxed heroes to be quite competitive in Big arena.
- The advantage of having 40 maxed heroes vs 20 maxed heroes is quite small.

To fix this, in my opinion you should NOT raise level limit (this is just a temporary fix, which helps for 4-6 months). But you should implement elements that give big advantages to people who have many diffrent types of heroes. Having alot of diffrent heroes is by far less important right now.
-----------------------------------

Last but not least. I think that to many heroes are released. At the rate of which heroes are released, compared to the rate where it is possible to gain enough gear to maximize a hero. A large portion of hero cards will be unused. Instead of releasing new hero after hero after hero. I would do several diffrent type of events (like the tower which was done lately) on a regular basis. Many people enjoyed such event and had a great time. And having a great time with a game is the biggest motivation to spend a few bucks.
In the afterlife the soul hunters will meet their maker.
Its in this place they will see me. Until then, be brave.

ferisadi
Squire
Squire

Thu May 11, 2017 10:00 pm

Grocoloco wrote:
In my opinion what feels wrong about all this is that it wasn't announced (increasing distrust in the company), it was released with a patch that seemed great (as you can see it overshadowed everything the patch was doing good), it sets a precedent for future releases of the same kind, but the worst imo is that players that won't buy it are stuck with a crippled hero, he isn't bad but he will never be as good as the ones with that extra skill.

Exactly!. They should just have created a awaken skill for firehawkto unlock 5th skill. Paying players get awaken item directly. Or get him instantly awakened. And people who do not wish to pay need to awaken him the hard way (costing lots of diamonds, stamina, and time). Would feel much more fair to me.

Reggelt
Baron
Baron

Fri May 12, 2017 12:02 am

More server merge! Firehawk skin was a knife in the back.

KingSlayerII
Squire
Squire

Fri May 12, 2017 7:06 am

Grocoloco wrote:
Just having VIP levels give you a huuuge (extremely huge) advantage. Faster leveling, more gold/exp pots (treasure caves, merc camp), more items (CoF, stamina), more heroes (conjuring stone, green jade, events), besides all that being the biggest whale you will be the #1 in the server which will give you even more momentum by taking number 1 in arenas, HoL, Raids. Lilith already makes a ton of money with new VIP players in new servers (they open every 2 days), and you can check that every new server gets from 10 to 20 players that buy at least Goram, buy and upgrade Ezio and PoP.

I totally agree with you, i think that vips have already many advantages and they deserve them because they pay and have paid, but the unbalance of the game, the game crashes and therewards just for money everywhere really affects the game experience. Continue voting community!!

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Fri May 12, 2017 7:20 am

I totally understand some players complaining about the skin but I just want to ask, how about all the other changes that were done in this update? 5 old heroes that most players have were buffed and we added awakening quests for two heroes that are also old and needed some improvements.

We will keep working on game improvements and more hero balance changes. Regarding the feedback passed in this topic I will pass it to the team as always.

ferisadi
Squire
Squire

Fri May 12, 2017 10:37 am

hengli wrote:
I totally understand some players complaining about the skin but I just want to ask, how about all the other changes that were done in this update? 5 old heroes that most players have were buffed and we added awakening quests for two heroes that are also old and needed some improvements.

We will keep working on game improvements and more hero balance changes. Regarding the feedback passed in this topic I will pass it to the team as always.

About the other updates:
- Baltor and shirley awakenings:
Both these heroes became underpowered because of the release of much stronger heroes. By giving these heroes a awakening, hopefully they will become viable to use again. But thats still the question. Will the awakening boost them enough in strength te become usefull again.
- Balance adjustments old heroes:
Have not tested all of these yet, But I do like what I have seen until now. These heroes were not used much anymore, because other heroes were released wich compared to these were way to powerfull. It is a good thing to do some hero balancing. So every hero keeps beeing viable. So this is actually pretty nice. On the other hand I think there are many other heroes wich could also use some tweaks. Ember, gale, etc etc.
- Invite button mystic ruins:
Simple but usefull to everybody. Great.
-Bug fixes are always great ofcourse.

I can see the hard work of the team. And game balancing is needed to keep the game fun and interesting. Perfect. But extra abilitys for heroes (like now firehawk), availble only to players who put down 30-40 bucks, will quite fast ruin the game for many people. And the short term profits will NOT outweight the effects such decisions have on the long term. I dont blaim any of this on the development team. Probably they just deliver what is asked of them by the company / management.

I dont have problems with paying for this game. The contrary is true. I love paying a few bucks now and then to support a nice game. My advice to the people who make the business decisions would be: Dont treat your costomers / players like a lemon, which u just squize as hard as u can to get as much juice out of it as possible. Instead treat your costomers /players in a way that a long term healthy relationship is established. Then they will be happy to spend some money on a regular base and income is insured for long term. Just some advice.
------------

So yes. Update was nice, but the firehawk extra ability gave it a verry bitter aftertaste!!. Wich ruined the flaver of the shole dish ;)

Greets,
Ferisadi

HunterXHunter
Viscount
Viscount

Fri May 12, 2017 3:26 pm

33% players want OP CS heroes & they would also like P2W ability skins, 20% players even likes the 100$ events, and more than 50% players want new heroes, so what is happening here?

also keep in mind i made a second account to vote the good options, but it seems like the community is getting what it wants (partially).
[YOU AND I WILL DEFEAT THIS BUG TOGETHER.....]

http://bit.ly/1ZTctlk

Grocoloco
Baron
Baron

Fri May 12, 2017 4:46 pm

hengli wrote:

Thank you for listening to us, I'm sorry all you have to hear is complaining lol but you are right, people mostly focus and talk about the negatives and that applies for any situation in life.
The rework of the heroes is great news, no way to know other than testing though but they look good on paper. I'm working on Shirley on a low level account I have where I pulled her from a golden chest and I'm looking forward to be the odd fellow with a hero nobody uses. The other minor improvements are also great, specially the 'select all online players' from the mystic ruins, thanks for that.
About the connection problems I understand it's something that can happen to any game after an update, I've played monthly paid subscription pc mmos where problems like that existed after an update, and in this case it got fixed very fast and compensated.
I think in the end my only criticism comes down to: was it worth it to add a skill to the skin to make it more expensive? or a cheaper skin or awakening item could have sold the same?

KingSlayerII
Squire
Squire

Sat May 13, 2017 1:57 pm

hengli wrote:

The post wasn't really intended just for the skin, it was more about the money in soul hunters and the way that this game is following.
Why don't you create a survey similar to this one where you ask about that kind of problems as an event?
You have already done surveys and there you'd get much more participation than here so you'd get the real feeling of the community.

KingSlayerII
Squire
Squire

Sat May 13, 2017 2:01 pm

HunterXHunter wrote:
33% players want OP CS heroes & they would also like P2W ability skins, 20% players even likes the 100$ events, and more than 50% players want new heroes, so what is happening here?

also keep in mind i made a second account to vote the good options, but it seems like the community is getting what it wants (partially).

That's not accurate, the 3 most voted options are actually,with 6 votes each one:

More work in the balance of the game
Price of things in this game are abusive
More work to solve the connexion problems