Luen
Squire
Squire

Slowly Expiring Jade

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:54 pm

I understand why Lilith wants Jade to expire. My suggestion is to let it expire slowly rather than in bulk at the end of a period. For example, if it expired at a rate of 10/day it would actually give an incentive to use it sooner, but should a player decide to hold onto it for a specific hero they could, provided that they have enough.

I will use myself as an example. I have Orkon, Goram, and Sylphi. I do not plan on buying anymore of their SS from CS. I also have 260 Jade from Orkon. At this point the only way I would use the CS is for Desmond or the next hero, which is 3 weeks away. If Desmond appears tomorrow on the last day of this Jade cycle, then I will do up to 10 pulls for Desmond then hard summon him with Jade if I don't get him before. If any other hero is there, I will save my 4000 diamonds and let my Jade go to waste. I do not plan on buying the next CS hero because I have so many heroes I need to gear already, and with the CS drop rates I feel like my diamonds would help me better with gear at this point than another character who will need more gear. I am assuming 360 pulls for any hero at this point before I even try CS without Jade.

Now, with my suggestion, I would have 190 Jade instead of 260 as of today since some would have expired since I pulled Orkon a week ago. If Desmond appears in CS tomorrow, I would have to do 8 more pulls (-10 Jade tomorrow) before being able to Jade pull him. If he shows up another week later, I would need 24 pulls to guarantee a Jade pull. I believe that the increasing prices might create a sense of urgency to use the Jade, more people will do more frequent CS pulls because the value of their Jade stockpile decreases, and players would have more flexibility on when to use it without a hard reset to 0. For what I assume is a concern to the devs about people buying the next new hero with Jade, keep in mind there would be 22-28 days between the summoning of the last new CS hero and the next one; 360 Jade 22 days later means they would have had to spend 23,200 on the previous CS hero. That's still a lot of revenue from CS.

Luen
Squire
Squire

Re: Slowly Expiring Jade

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:59 pm

Instead of 10/day I had also considered 3% of the total Jade you have with a minimum of 1 a day. That basically hurts people from holding large amounts of Jade for a long period of time as well, creating a sense of urgency to use it. A 3% rate also means that half of a stockpile would be gone in 22 days.

BarryAllen
Baron
Baron

Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:23 pm

I have 180 purple jade yet cant buy anything unless I have 360 so expiring these is just ignorant from the fact that they go to waste. Even the 340 I own of green, can only spend them to get what 18 or 30 SS. If you are going to add an event then let it carry over or just dont add it.

Maxie3
Squire
Squire

Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:31 pm

Agreed. They should just let people have it. I mean, it's not like it rapes game balance like Sylphi or something. It's a great way to make player feel better about his unluckyness.
If you want, raise your jade req for hero. But don't delete amount that player already got. If you do that, why won't you just reset diamonds for every player to zero? After all, they didn't spend it, so you can't allow them to keep it. :P

kojixahi
Knight
Knight

Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:30 pm

Having the jades revoked was a very bad decision in tone with the greedy mode they manage this game lately. Is a slap in the face. Not only it doesn't affect the balance at all but keeping the jades is an incentive to keep opening chests and buy more diamonds - especially considering that the tag price for a hero card with jades is around $150. Not to mention that revoking a grinded reward go against the very core mechanics of this type of game.

I didn't spent thousands of dollars on this game but between my accounts I could have bough several real games and the console to play them on. Thanks to this "fuck our customers, let's rip them off" attitude emanating from them I will not spend a single cent on this game anymore, not even the monthly diamond card.

Hopefully more paying customers will think alike and start to see the difference between supporting the developers and being robbed blind by them.

DeusEx
Viscount
Viscount

Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:53 am

Many 'old' VIPs have already stop spending money in the game, but also many more new players are spending money, so it is a cycle.
Lilith won't see the decrease in money because there will always be the new players that spend like crazy and the old players that just don't care and keep doing it. It will never end until Lilith goes down.

kroki21
Knight
Knight

Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:49 pm

I am not VIP player and it's very hard to follow this game. I know there is lot of non Vip players who need this INSTANT hero. The should give this event for all players for and year, and then reset.