Make him stronger!
2 (20%)

Total votes: 10

Ivanrgs
Baron
Baron

Taurus Nerf?

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:18 am

I wanted to discuss with community opinion on Taurus.

I am at level 88. Starting I believe level 70 Taurus totally dominated normal arena in our server. But as I understand he will become stronger, not weaker.
At this moment Taurus is in 47 out of 50 top teams.
In my experience over last couple months he is most disbalancing hero (not Zem)
Reason is simple: he damages mid and back line too strong and too much cc.

I was rich enough to experiment with many heroes, liked Cara, garrik, sagar, kaneq, nightshade, seraphine, even osiris a lot. But this damn bull kills or almost kills them all even before any ult. Probably Leah will suffer the same.
in epic I have great variety of teams and like it, but not against team with Taurus.
Even for famous Zem I found a lot of ways to counter when there is no Taurus behind.

So this one almost negated a lot of heroes, killing team variety.

I still heard significantly different opinion, that he feeds enemy team and don't do a lot. Still don't understand how and why our Tauruses so much better :)

I suggest he should be either squishier, or less damaging, or better subject for cc, or weaker ult.

What's your opinion?

PS for lazy ones I added voting :)

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Re: Taurus Nerf?

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:26 am

He definitely feeds the opponent team if you don't use him correctly (talking max fusion here). So, IMO he does not need any nerf. Many times I have prefered to go without taurus on normal arena offense just so I could build a team around getting fed by the opponent taurus without dying too fast. It has worked much better than using taurus in my team and risking his taurus getting to ult faster than mine...

That being said he is a very good hero, he is "overpowered" in the sense that there are a lot of old DPS heroes that cannot do any of the things he does better than him and so are strictly mathematically worse than him. Still, not a problem with taurus himself, the problem is that 60-70% of the heroes are a pile of crap that are only taking up space.

Ivanrgs
Baron
Baron

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:59 am

But that's kind of problem. Too much damage really. It's not normal that half of mid heroes even fully upgraded to available level (not heavily enchanted though) dies before his ult to just attack.
Same can be said about firehawk but at least there is time to do something before his ult.
Maybe same about sylphi but she is at least not so common and herself subject to discussion.
Xanos can dish out a lot of dmg but he dies quick if dives in wrong team.
No other heroes make 60-70% of mid/back heroes obsolete immediately.

Btw nerfing his dmg will reduce feed effect :) so for Kemosabe he may become better, not worse.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:13 am

Ivanrgs wrote:
Btw nerfing his dmg will reduce feed effect :) so for Kemosabe he may become better, not worse.

Not really, this will be worse, because then you will be feeding them for sure. The right way to use taurus now is to kill them fast before they can react. If you nerf his damage he will be quite bad imo.

You can deal with taurus currently without much problem using good heroes, so imo the real problem is that there are too many heroes that are not good... Making taurus bad will not change the fact that there are too many heroes that suck. This is what should be addressed, making those heroes viable again. Although to be honest I am not seeing this happening... Once in a blue moon they release an awakening for an old hero like alana and that hero ends up still being a pile of crap that is completely useless for arena.

HunterXHunter
Viscount
Viscount

Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:04 pm

Let's make him Stronger!

Reasons as to why
1.I believe in my personal opinion that both Zem and Taurus have been secretly nerfed because the damage output is now only very high while earlier it used to be that they can wipe out entire teams on their own. my belief could be false of course since the heroes in arena have changed a bit, fusions have changed, More OP heroes have came etc etc

2.Why nerf the Login heroes when there are much worse things out there for eg. Sylphi you are all aware of as to why and Goram i will give one reason to GORAM here one day My fully upgraded enchanted hero used his entire ult on Goram's shield without bieng able to break it haha ( the goram was 1 level above and possibly 2 star more enchanted with one more item but still it's pretty insane)
Last edited by HunterXHunter on Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[YOU AND I WILL DEFEAT THIS BUG TOGETHER.....]

http://bit.ly/1ZTctlk

DeusEx
Viscount
Viscount

Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:54 pm

Nah, Taurus is OK. Nerfing him will render him useless. Taurus is not OP, if you are getting wreck by him, is just what have been told many times. That Taurus is heavily enchanted and your heroes are not. I haven't been killed, nor almost killed, by Taurus' spin attack since never... Only his ultimate gives me problems if he succeeds to do it, aside from that easy. Just counter it with heroes that you know can insta kill the others when feeded, or make him turn around.

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:47 pm

Taurus is one of the heroes extremely OP pre O+2 who becomes definetly balanced at O+2.

All I think is: Lilith should balance these heroes during every fusion.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:42 pm

Zi0iP wrote:
Taurus is one of the heroes extremely OP pre O+2 who becomes definetly balanced at O+2.

All I think is: Lilith should balance these heroes during every fusion.

While balancing the new heroes for every fusion would be a good thing it doesn't bother me as much if they don't, since you will spend most of your time in the highest fusion. What bothers me more is that some heroes are absolutely worthless at end game, and some are always worthless.

Ivanrgs
Baron
Baron

Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:23 am

KemosabeTBC wrote:
While balancing the new heroes for every fusion would be a good thing it doesn't bother me as much if they don't, since you will spend most of your time in the highest fusion.

That's a bit selfish vision. I play only few months and saw so many good players disappeared from server. Including one of fattest whales (he disappeared probably two months ago and still top5 in stars rating.
For most of games I ever played, I do not remember to be involved for more than year continuously. I believe same applies to 95% of all players.
Servers even start merging before max fusion reached.
I feel road to olymp is more interesting than final point... (too philosophical?) and during this race I am spending most of my money. I doubt I would spend a cent after reach level 100.

IMHO game should be balanced for majority, not only for most dedicated hardcore guys. It is also in interest of developers for reason above. I am sure they aware :) articles about what makes whales and addiction is exactly about it.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:40 am

Ivanrgs wrote:
KemosabeTBC wrote:
While balancing the new heroes for every fusion would be a good thing it doesn't bother me as much if they don't, since you will spend most of your time in the highest fusion.

That's a bit selfish vision. I play only few months and saw so many good players disappeared from server. Including one of fattest whales (he disappeared probably two months ago and still top5 in stars rating.
For most of games I ever played, I do not remember to be involved for more than year continuously. I believe same applies to 95% of all players.
Servers even start merging before max fusion reached.
I feel road to olymp is more interesting than final point... (too philosophical?) and during this race I am spending most of my money. I doubt I would spend a cent after reach level 100.

IMHO game should be balanced for majority, not only for most dedicated hardcore guys. It is also in interest of developers for reason above. I am sure they aware :) articles about what makes whales and addiction is exactly about it.

I am not saying it should not be balanced for all fusions, of course it should... But I think it is more problematic to have heroes completely unbalanced at end game than early game. Although both are bad of course.