Draxian
Knight
Knight

Timer needs to stop for ults.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:48 pm

This is something thats been bugging me a bit in hall of legends and raids using ults seems to almost be detrimental enless its cara or urestag because you lose so much time in their activation i probably lose a quarter of a match in ult activations and honestly dont know if they are helping me, because my team freezes and dont dps for 5 seconds every ult. My suggestion is either freeze time or allow your units to keep attacking in Hall of legends and raids ONLY it would seriously break arena so just a change for hall and raids because its annoying.

Poseidon
Knight
Knight

Re: Timer needs to stop for ults.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:01 pm

Been kind of irked about that myself. In CoF enemy ults do not stop time like in Arena or Epic Arena so we know it's possible.
+1 from me.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:23 pm

Draxian wrote:
This is something thats been bugging me a bit in hall of legends and raids using ults seems to almost be detrimental enless its cara or urestag because you lose so much time in their activation i probably lose a quarter of a match in ult activations and honestly dont know if they are helping me, because my team freezes and dont dps for 5 seconds every ult. My suggestion is either freeze time or allow your units to keep attacking in Hall of legends and raids ONLY it would seriously break arena so just a change for hall and raids because its annoying.

It's another strategic element. You don't want to use your ults whenever they become available, that is a waste of time. You want to wait for several ultimates to use them all together. This is a basic strategy for HOL/Raids that I thought was know by everybody? It is especially used with garrick/bloodspear ultimates, you usually use these two together when they are available, plus whatever else is available at the same time, if something else is available but these are not then you don't use anything.

And enemy ultimates most definitely stop time in COF. It depends on the ultimate, some do, some don't, just like everywhere.

Draxian
Knight
Knight

Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:51 am

I disagree i kinda need to use Jasmines ult well whenever i can so i dont end up you know.....dead and her ult is a major time user. Like it makes ULTIMATES feel like "abilities that are kinda good but some what detrimental" because like i said its alot of wasted time (probably 15-25%) some ults do insane damage like caras but makes ults like Tholins just something to not use. I guess you could throw it in the strategy bucket but i feel one of the most enjoyable aspects of the heros is now being punished for being used in raids and halls. Thats all its probably because Lilith wants us to use the terrible rip off midas touch function because we waste time with our ults we get less cash in raids. Sneaky little lilith i see what you did there.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:38 am

Draxian wrote:
I disagree i kinda need to use Jasmines ult well whenever i can so i dont end up you know.....dead and her ult is a major time user. Like it makes ULTIMATES feel like "abilities that are kinda good but some what detrimental" because like i said its alot of wasted time (probably 15-25%) some ults do insane damage like caras but makes ults like Tholins just something to not use. I guess you could throw it in the strategy bucket but i feel one of the most enjoyable aspects of the heros is now being punished for being used in raids and halls. Thats all its probably because Lilith wants us to use the terrible rip off midas touch function because we waste time with our ults we get less cash in raids. Sneaky little lilith i see what you did there.

It's a strategic element. Not all ultimates are useful in all circumstances, and that is how it should be,

Tholin's ult is a must have in ROTA and useful in PP Gizmo. Jasmina's ult is the single best interrupt in the game for COF/Campaign/Dojo.

If every ultimate was equally good whenever you used it then there would be 0 strategy. There would be no difference from playing the game or let it go on auto-play. You can do a lot of damage in raids if you use your ultimates wisely. What you are proposing would just make everyone do the same damage with auto-play, that would not be good for the game. The game already has very few strategic elements, we don't want even less.