Draxian
Knight
Knight

VIP rewards should NOT scale up on reuse.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:10 am

This is something that has been bugging me for a bit. I am currently VIP 12 with 150 uses of midas touch now i personally have no complaints about paying for a game that i enjoy ( i wouldnt be VIP 12 if both werent true) but this is something that bothers me, now the "benefits" of VIP 12 is i can use midas touch 150 times the most i have used it was maybe 10-15 times because the prices scales at a stupid rate. I mean to do 150 midas touches would probably cost around 15000 gems or 150$ a DAY now if i was a millionaire no problem but i am FAR from that. So heres what i suggest it will benefit the players AND the devs. Now i love being provoked to buy things because its a good deal and i tell people to stick it when i know i am being ripped off. So think about this what if the VIP rewards scaled DOWN now instead of it costing 15000 gems to do 150 midas touches which only the rich can afford why not make it cost like 1200 gems thats 10 days of midas touches for 139$ and if someone is a totally commited souls player you are making like 450$ a month on a single person. Lets put these two things into consideration a World of Warcraft sub is 15$ a month and any triple AAA title on any platform costs like 100$ for ALL content FOREVER. I have played alot of iso games and scratch my head sometimes because the devs could be making 100 times more if they were PLAYER focused and not WALLET focused but they ALL seem to want to milk their player base as much as possible.

Hopefully there is something useful to glean here and want to here peoples thoughts because this is something that is a problem in ALL iso games enless its like the final fantasy tactics game which i bought a 1 time purchase of 21.99$ and i get the whole game forever.

Question is there some law that says "All iso devs must charge 139.99$ for ingame currency for any game that is made" like i would be estatic if i could buy like 25000 gems for 50$ i only have about 400$ a month of fun money so the deal has to be pretty awesome i got most of my VIP status from purchase bonus days like chest opens and stuff because i was getting more stuff for my dollar.

Anyways please give feedback on what you think.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Re: VIP rewards should NOT scale up on reuse.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:58 am

No one in their right mind will use the midas touch even 10% of the max you're allowed at high vip levels. Hell not even 5%. I dont know why this feature even exists. People only use it once to finish the daily

divino
Baron
Baron

Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:18 am

I'm agree on this topic, is just dumb and refrain people from use these features more than 1 or 2 times, i mean, i could buy stamina 7 times at day but only buy 2 because of the increasing price, when i go to buy milk, they do not charge me more after the 2nd bottle, or when i buy some eggs, the 3rd egg cost me the same of the 1st one and the 12th egg doesnt cost me 8 times more.

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:28 pm

I agree. It's absolutely pointless.

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:13 pm

the increasing price has sense: if the rebuy costed the same price, over and over, high VIP could get to high levels in just a few days, while the others would be stuck in the lower. With this method, you "force" people using just the "needed" stamina.

The only part I agree with is after the 6th purchase. Maybe it could be 50-50-50-100-100-100-100-100 ==> 2 more purchases with the same diamond cost, especially for levels 85+ that hardly can move

Draxian
Knight
Knight

Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:45 pm

Well i am very pleased to see that the player base feels the same way. Ive been gaming for almost 30 years and consider myself a game conniseur, Soul hunters in its respect is a great game i love the heros and it enjoyable for the most part (ive flipped my wig a few times and have apologized for my insanly bad behavior on the forums) but regardless if the price scaling would either be removed or DRASTICALLY reduced id spend alot more cash. Direct question for the devs you are in this to make money right. Gems cost you guys nothing to produce its a non tangible digital currency with no real life application. So to sell it for 5 cents for a million gems is still a benefit to you guys now its kinda like crack for us so gives us a discount on our non tangible crack which costs you nothing and you will sell like 5 times more EVERYBODY wins. We get a constant fix you get constant inflow of cash and can eat steak everyday.

Just take it into consideration.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:25 pm

Zi0iP wrote:
the increasing price has sense: if the rebuy costed the same price, over and over, high VIP could get to high levels in just a few days, while the others would be stuck in the lower. With this method, you "force" people using just the "needed" stamina.

The only part I agree with is after the 6th purchase. Maybe it could be 50-50-50-100-100-100-100-100 ==> 2 more purchases with the same diamond cost, especially for levels 85+ that hardly can move

We're talking about Midas Touch, not stamina reset. There's no point in using it more than once. It wouldn't be even worth to use it once if not for the daily.

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:35 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
We're talking about Midas Touch, not stamina reset. There's no point in using it more than once. It wouldn't be even worth to use it once if not for the daily.

I know there's no point; I thought he used Midas Touch as an example to talk about "all the VIP benefits" :) my bad

CabraDaPeste
Knight
Knight

Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:42 pm

If they didn't scale high VIP players would just snowball so hard it would make non vip players and newcomers less likely to play the game.
If you want to rant about the midas touch, well, it does suck pretty hard.

Draxian
Knight
Knight

Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:40 pm

Well the fact is some millionaire could just spend like 150$ a day and use the midas touch like 150-200 times a day and be that one guy and even the high VIPs wouldnt beable to keep up so the VIPs wouldnt be very VIP, if you are a VIP you should be treated like a VIP not told your a VIP and treated like a tool. Just saying makes sense doesnt it. I mean i was on the top of the charts took a break now the chances of me being able to catch up are slim to none and if you think im going to bank rupt myself so i can refresh my stamina twice for like 30$ i do not think so but freshing stamina 200 times for 30$ is MUCH more tempting.(Im refering to high refreshes its like 800 or 1600 gems to get 120 stam when it could be 50 to get the same amount of stam)