hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Re: Overrule the November Login Hero's vote.

Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:25 am

Poseidon wrote:

I'm questioning this "democracy" you all talk about. A democracy would entail that the entire "sovereign" (in this case the players) were given the equal opportunity to vote. Were this the case? I don't think so...

From what I'm reading on Facebook, players suggested the names that went onto the Vote? Well let me ask this - where is this announcement for name suggestions? I don't see it on forum, neither did I see it as a game event. Was it only on Facebook? How is that "everyone"?

And really? You're going to give me democracy? When were you ever given a choice before this single instance? What kind of power do you have as a player? Next to none... I don't think you grasp the concept of democracy. The most similar political system that can be used to describe this game is totalitarianism. All the choices are made for you. Well, except for whether you pay or not, in which case it simply becomes a bureaucracy.

So I say, take this ONE opportunity to change something, as insignificant as it is and act upon it. If you value democracy that much and aren't happy with the final choice, then act upon it. Democracy does entail the right to appeal...

As far as the name goes, I only say Minos, because well... look at my Username? Are you surprised? Besides it's the second highest result. My idea wasn't to vote again as you all suggest, it's to simply take away the ridiculous Taurus. I have nothing against Dume, I'm fine with that as well. Mitosh, Mijor, even Hanky-Panky would be all a lot better. Honestly, anything but Taurus...

Hi Poseidon.
So, let me explain how it happened to you:
1 - I did the Facebook post asking for name suggestions, we got nearly 1000 comments in our page and selected 4 names for the players to vote.
2 - I created the pool and we created an in-game event directing the players to the voting page.

So all the players had the equal chance to vote for the hero name, the event was online for few days and we got more than 20.000 votes. The name Taurus won and this will be the new hero name because that's the point of the event, letting the majority of players choose the name they want. We are not going to redo the pool only because there are players not satisfied with the name, as we are considering (based on the poll) that most players like the name Taurus.

Regarding the "democracy" pointed by you:

Our company is always open to player feedback and we brought many changes to the game over this past 1 year that were suggested by players. If you have the app LINE I also invite you to join the game groups and join game discussions with players, I try to be part of them as much as I can and listen to the players regarding game issues, bugs and improvements. And this is the third time the players vote for something in the game, first time was for Killjoy's name, second time was to choose the next login hero (by that time players picked Tanya) and the third time was for this new hero name. :)

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:20 am

hengli wrote:
Poseidon wrote:

I'm questioning this "democracy" you all talk about. A democracy would entail that the entire "sovereign" (in this case the players) were given the equal opportunity to vote. Were this the case? I don't think so...

From what I'm reading on Facebook, players suggested the names that went onto the Vote? Well let me ask this - where is this announcement for name suggestions? I don't see it on forum, neither did I see it as a game event. Was it only on Facebook? How is that "everyone"?

And really? You're going to give me democracy? When were you ever given a choice before this single instance? What kind of power do you have as a player? Next to none... I don't think you grasp the concept of democracy. The most similar political system that can be used to describe this game is totalitarianism. All the choices are made for you. Well, except for whether you pay or not, in which case it simply becomes a bureaucracy.

So I say, take this ONE opportunity to change something, as insignificant as it is and act upon it. If you value democracy that much and aren't happy with the final choice, then act upon it. Democracy does entail the right to appeal...

As far as the name goes, I only say Minos, because well... look at my Username? Are you surprised? Besides it's the second highest result. My idea wasn't to vote again as you all suggest, it's to simply take away the ridiculous Taurus. I have nothing against Dume, I'm fine with that as well. Mitosh, Mijor, even Hanky-Panky would be all a lot better. Honestly, anything but Taurus...

Hi Poseidon.
So, let me explain how it happened to you:
1 - I did the Facebook post asking for name suggestions, we got nearly 1000 comments in our page and selected 4 names for the players to vote.
2 - I created the pool and we created an in-game event directing the players to the voting page.

So all the players had the equal chance to vote for the hero name, the event was online for few days and we got more than 20.000 votes. The name Taurus won and this will be the new hero name because that's the point of the event, letting the majority of players choose the name they want. We are not going to redo the pool only because there are players not satisfied with the name, as we are considering (based on the poll) that most players like the name Taurus.

Our company is always open to player feedback and we brought many changes to the game over this past 1 year that were suggested by players. If you have the app LINE I also invite you to join the game groups and join game discussions with players, I try to be part of them as much as I can and listen to the players regarding game issues, bugs and improvements. And this is the third time the players vote for something in the game, first time was for Killjoy's name, second time was to choose the next login hero (by that time players picked Tanya) and the third time was for this new hero name. :)

1. What Line group?
2. Can you respond to my Vernos topic?
3. Can you respond to my message?

Poseidon
Knight
Knight

Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:17 pm

Hey hengli,

Thank for taking the time to read and respond.

I was aware that the vote was an in-game event, that's how I found it. What I was questioning, very clearly, i thought, was why wasn't the Name Suggestion announced anywhere, but Facebook.

Poseidon wrote:

This, however, somehow got twisted to the fact that the voting itself wasn't announced. I know the voting was announced and everyone had an equal chance. My complaint was that not everyone got an equal chance to suggest a name.

And even that wasn't my original complaint. That was my argument against this supposed "democracy". I wasn't even the one to bring it up, as you seem to have also misunderstood:

hengli wrote:

I didn't mention democracy anywhere before people started throwing fits about semantics on the term "originality" and gaming companies. It was other players' argument that messing with the name in any manner would go against the principles of democracy. And I still question that logic:

hengli wrote:
I did the Facebook post asking for name suggestions, we got nearly 1000 comments in our page and selected 4 names for the players to vote.

With all due respect, hengli, but it was you who made the choice. You announced the suggestion on a single medium, despite the fact that you're the only official on this forum, and you chose the 4 names to go on a vote. So there there might have been a lot better suggestions out there (even Namorat who generally was against this thread, says he had suggested better names), but you decided the final four. That choice was a lot more critical than the player vote. Democracy, in any sense of the word, simply doesn't apply to this.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing you of wrongdoing or ranting against the way you're doing your job. I appreciate what you do for the community, and am thankful for your input, but you'll notice that even the people that vigorously argued with me, were not very impressed with the name. Even my comment on Facebook, once the choice was made, is the Top Rated Comment, and continues getting likes today.

I accept that the name isn't going to be changed, the vote overruled or anything of the sorts, all I'm trying to do at this point is put my opinion out there.

Thanks.

Snarrow
Squire
Squire

Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:04 am

Do i understand right. You wanted to have a voting for one of twentythousand different names? ^^'
I'm happy they choosed 4 of them for us lol

Another game just would choosed the own name, without any voting system. So it's a cool thing.

Snarrow
Squire
Squire

Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:04 am

Do i understand right. You wanted to have a voting for one of twentythousand different names? ^^'
I'm happy they choosed 4 of them for us lol

Another game just would choosed the own name, without any voting system. So it's a cool thing.

Namorat
Viscount
Viscount

Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:49 pm

Maybe this thread could be understood twofold? Lilith should ask for name suggestions on this forum as well and maybe they think about a layered voting system? Of course we can't vote on hundreds of names, but perhaps they choose 20 and let us vote and the four most popular votes get another poll?
no more money from me

hillvineyard
Squire
Squire

Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:17 pm

I voted Minos too... and so I renamed Taurus like Minos in my game