User avatar
Topher347
Knight
Knight
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:21 am

Auto Plunder

Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:58 pm

Was pretty excited about the new auto plunder feature, set up with 3 teams with the 1st team being the one i always plunder with that hardly loses. I set it to look for exp and gold mines, so far my elapsed time is 39 minutes and it still says resources 0 for all three categories. Don't want to stop it searching to risk losing the 20 stam and 60k it cost to start. Should the 3 resources be updating as it goes or do I just have to guess when to stop it or is it messed up?
 
User avatar
KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Posts: 1899
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:50 am

Re: Auto Plunder

Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:04 am

Did you have anything under results? I started mine 8 minutes ago and I can already see the resources updating. I checked the results and I fought 2 times (won both). You won't get stuff if you lose but I find it very unlikely that you wouldn't win a single fight in 30 minutes...
 
User avatar
hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Posts: 1263
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:14 am

Re: Auto Plunder

Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:55 am

Topher347 wrote:
Was pretty excited about the new auto plunder feature, set up with 3 teams with the 1st team being the one i always plunder with that hardly loses. I set it to look for exp and gold mines, so far my elapsed time is 39 minutes and it still says resources 0 for all three categories. Don't want to stop it searching to risk losing the 20 stam and 60k it cost to start. Should the 3 resources be updating as it goes or do I just have to guess when to stop it or is it messed up?


Hello Top, should work like Kemosabe reported. In the end did you manage to plunder resources?
 
User avatar
Poseidon
Knight
Knight
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:55 pm

Re: Auto Plunder

Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:56 pm

In my experience so far, Auto-Plunder works as intended. However, it's hardly worth it...
The point of this feature is to save you the time of grinding, and reduce the risk of running into the resource you're not interested in.
But let's do some math. Let's assume for simplicity that the Search function costs a static 2000 and you want to plunder Gold.
Plunder requires 20 Stamina and 60K Gold. So that's 10 Battles, for each of which you pay 6K. And at level 50 (cause that's where my server is at right now) you're going to plunder an optimal amount of 80-85K Gold. And that's the best case scenario. Don't forget if it does find a mine that has like 1k to plunder, it will do it and waste 2 Stamina (Power Rolls).
If you do 10 battles manually, you'll spend 20K to plunder the same optimal amount (80-85K). You could argue you won't always run into Gold Mines, but you have to remember we're using a static 2K fee.
So we're talking 20-25K vs 60-65K profit.
So is saving 10 minutes of actual playtime worth the the 40K gold? I don't think so... And you have to take into account the fact that plunder takes up to 2 hours. Maybe more, I don't plan to test it at this level.

It probably works better at higher levels, but I still question the ratio of profit/time saved.
 
User avatar
Nightfury
Knight
Knight
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:26 pm

Re: Auto Plunder

Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:06 pm

Personally don't like that the auto attack defenders with +! XP pot, is kind of silly, also think that there is something wrong with the team matching. 90% wins is too much on level 90+.
 
User avatar
KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Posts: 1899
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:50 am

Re: Auto Plunder

Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:34 pm

Nightfury wrote:
Personally don't like that the auto attack defenders with +! XP pot, is kind of silly, also think that there is something wrong with the team matching. 90% wins is too much on level 90+.

It can consume more than 2 bread per battle, not sure what the limit is. So, you can win a fight with 4 bread spent which is equivalent to losing the first fight and winning the 2nd.

In the end you get much less diamonds by using auto plunder. Not worth it imo.
 
User avatar
s00pahFr0g
Knight
Knight
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Auto Plunder

Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:39 pm

Poseidon wrote:
In my experience so far, Auto-Plunder works as intended. However, it's hardly worth it...
The point of this feature is to save you the time of grinding, and reduce the risk of running into the resource you're not interested in.
But let's do some math. Let's assume for simplicity that the Search function costs a static 2000 and you want to plunder Gold.
Plunder requires 20 Stamina and 60K Gold. So that's 10 Battles, for each of which you pay 6K. And at level 50 (cause that's where my server is at right now) you're going to plunder an optimal amount of 80-85K Gold. And that's the best case scenario. Don't forget if it does find a mine that has like 1k to plunder, it will do it and waste 2 Stamina (Power Rolls).
If you do 10 battles manually, you'll spend 20K to plunder the same optimal amount (80-85K). You could argue you won't always run into Gold Mines, but you have to remember we're using a static 2K fee.
So we're talking 20-25K vs 60-65K profit.
So is saving 10 minutes of actual playtime worth the the 40K gold? I don't think so... And you have to take into account the fact that plunder takes up to 2 hours. Maybe more, I don't plan to test it at this level.

It probably works better at higher levels, but I still question the ratio of profit/time saved.


The gold gained from plundering is almost completely negligible. 40k gold is basically nothing even at low levels. The important thing is the diamonds and so far it seems to reward about the same amount.
 
User avatar
KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Posts: 1899
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:50 am

Re: Auto Plunder

Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:53 pm

s00pahFr0g wrote:
The gold gained from plundering is almost completely negligible. 40k gold is basically nothing even at low levels. The important thing is the diamonds and so far it seems to reward about the same amount.

Most definitely not the same. Next time spend 20 bread on plundering manually and count how much you get in the end.

I have used auto plunder 3 times now, best I got was 20 diamonds, worst was 12.
I just used 14 bread (not 20) and got 32 diamonds.
 
User avatar
s00pahFr0g
Knight
Knight
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Auto Plunder

Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:01 pm

Most definitely not the same. Next time spend 20 bread on plundering manually and count how much you get in the end.

I have used auto plunder 3 times now, best I got was 20 diamonds, worst was 12.
I just used 14 bread (not 20) and got 32 diamonds.[/quote]

I get 2 diamonds almost every time from plundering and that's how much I get from every battle while auto plundering. If I plunder 7 times, using 14 bread, I get 14 diamonds.
 
User avatar
s00pahFr0g
Knight
Knight
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Auto Plunder

Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:02 pm

Most definitely not the same. Next time spend 20 bread on plundering manually and count how much you get in the end.

I have used auto plunder 3 times now, best I got was 20 diamonds, worst was 12.
I just used 14 bread (not 20) and got 32 diamonds.


I get 2 diamonds almost every time from plundering and that's how much I get from every battle while auto plundering. If I plunder 7 times, using 14 bread, I get 14 diamonds.

EDIT: Not sure how this got posted twice.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: vvarg and 60 guests