User avatar
BeastModeOn
Squire
Squire
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:02 am

Competition seriously lacking

Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:17 am

I can't blame the players, but it seems obvious that all the active players are flocking to the same guild on my server. The only exceptions seem to be where there are language barriers. This obviously causes a chain reaction that gives these players a massive advantage because their guild is able to keep all raid dungeons open at all times. Therefore, they are able to get better gear and rapidly become better.

On my server, 18 of the top 30 in damage on the new boss were the same guild. Most of the remaining 12 were guilds speaking different languages.

My point is that we need to make guilds more competitive or at least reduce the benefit of joining a guild with almost all the active players. Can I get an AMEN!?!
 
User avatar
InhaleExhale
Baron
Baron
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Kyiv

Re: Competition seriously lacking

Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:43 pm

BeastModeOn wrote:
I can't blame the players, but it seems obvious that all the active players are flocking to the same guild on my server. The only exceptions seem to be where there are language barriers. This obviously causes a chain reaction that gives these players a massive advantage because their guild is able to keep all raid dungeons open at all times. Therefore, they are able to get better gear and rapidly become better.

On my server, 18 of the top 30 in damage on the new boss were the same guild. Most of the remaining 12 were guilds speaking different languages.

My point is that we need to make guilds more competitive or at least reduce the benefit of joining a guild with almost all the active players. Can I get an AMEN!?!

if you are in top-1 guild so keep positions and enjoy your victory))) if you are not in top-1 guild - so do your best and try to become top-1... where the competition is lacking at this point of view??? or can you explain more extensively please

Do you have any ideas about "make guilds more competitive or at least reduce the benefit of joining a guild with almost all the active players"?)))

as i can tell from my point of view, I am in guild top-3 on server from the beginning and then we were top-5 after merge and top-8 after another merge now. I like the competition though and I wont leave my guild, but all top places in any activity are from another guilds ofcourse...
Image
 
User avatar
BeastModeOn
Squire
Squire
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:02 am

Re: Competition seriously lacking

Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:28 pm

My point is that there are only about 3 or 4 competitive guilds on my server and 2 don't speak English. If the Top guild continues outpacing everyone's guild points they will obviously continue to pull away. As other guilds get discouraged they will look for a chance to join that guild making things worse.

I suggest, for starters, they reduce the amount of guild points it takes to open dungeons or do away with guild points entirely. I also think they should find a way to make the guild wars more competitive. It lasts all week and right now the guild we're fighting has 5 members. I think it's safe to say we'll win.

To sum it up, I just don't feel like guilds help competition. I think they hurt it. The chat system makes it very difficult to communicate too. I'm struggling to see the point. I'd almost prefer no guilds at all if they can't figure anything out.
 
User avatar
hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Posts: 1263
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:14 am

Re: Competition seriously lacking

Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:45 am

BeastModeOn wrote:
My point is that there are only about 3 or 4 competitive guilds on my server and 2 don't speak English. If the Top guild continues outpacing everyone's guild points they will obviously continue to pull away. As other guilds get discouraged they will look for a chance to join that guild making things worse.

I suggest, for starters, they reduce the amount of guild points it takes to open dungeons or do away with guild points entirely. I also think they should find a way to make the guild wars more competitive. It lasts all week and right now the guild we're fighting has 5 members. I think it's safe to say we'll win.

To sum it up, I just don't feel like guilds help competition. I think they hurt it. The chat system makes it very difficult to communicate too. I'm struggling to see the point. I'd almost prefer no guilds at all if they can't figure anything out.

What is your server?
 
User avatar
Zentor
Viscount
Viscount
Posts: 690
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Re: Competition seriously lacking

Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:17 am

I play on server 160. We only have two top guilds. I'm in #1. The other is close up. The rest are just very inactive and weak.
Honestly, a merge with 159 would be amazing - I have a hero on 159, and we're all pretty much even, except for the fact that many of their guilds are very active. If we could merge, it'd probably be 5-6 very strong and active guilds, fighting over the #1 spot.
 
User avatar
BeastModeOn
Squire
Squire
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:02 am

Re: Competition seriously lacking

Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:06 am

Maybe mergers is the answer. I have no problem with powerful guilds until there are no alternatives. In other words, I have the option on my server of joining the top guild or being on an inadequate guild with low activity. They need to keep an eye on those servers and realize I won't join a guild that doesn't speak English. I also want to reiterate that the chat system needs major improvement so we can communicate on both global and especially within the guild.
 
User avatar
peanutjelly
Knight
Knight
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:41 pm

Re: Competition seriously lacking

Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:12 am

what about reducing the guild size? maybe maxing it out to 15?
Server: 199
Name: peanutjelly
 
User avatar
Vesperas
Viscount
Viscount
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Cloud 9 above K2
Contact:

Re: Competition seriously lacking

Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:30 pm

hengli wrote:
BeastModeOn wrote:
My point is that there are only about 3 or 4 competitive guilds on my server and 2 don't speak English. If the Top guild continues outpacing everyone's guild points they will obviously continue to pull away. As other guilds get discouraged they will look for a chance to join that guild making things worse.

I suggest, for starters, they reduce the amount of guild points it takes to open dungeons or do away with guild points entirely. I also think they should find a way to make the guild wars more competitive. It lasts all week and right now the guild we're fighting has 5 members. I think it's safe to say we'll win.

To sum it up, I just don't feel like guilds help competition. I think they hurt it. The chat system makes it very difficult to communicate too. I'm struggling to see the point. I'd almost prefer no guilds at all if they can't figure anything out.

What is your server?


11-18.

He's on my server, who are you? No way in heck you haven't seen me around :D

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10611

This has a rant (harsh language, sorry I'm like that in advance) basically describing the problem.

Basically on our server, you have 2 guilds at 100000+ guild points/72hrs stacked with mostly entitled vip11+s, ours with 50ish at rank 3, 80000+, another 50ish guild at 4th, like 65000ish, then the rest are way below it.

We have like 2 vip11, and we usually destroy any guild below us, but 23mil points below the top 2 in HoL, so it's pointless trying. The problem is, is that when they have an opening, a player from a lower guild will join, we lost a few too (I call them traitors and cowards who need to get carried and are afraid to fight adversity), making them always as strong as they always are, yet at the same time making everyone weaker. If a good player is in a dead guild, he's joining them, or us if they are full, then leave us when a spot opens, again because the game encourages unloyal cowardly defecting, thus the rich get stronger and the economical get weaker.

Hell, we used to do raid 14 in 5 days before the 91/O1 update, but these vip11 cowards need to be carried by the other spenders, so now it takes 8 because I replaced them with players who don't spend tons. The is only going to get worse as time goes along, and has been even more devastating to other guilds.

I personally don't mind it as much because it actually helps me (I get high wars/raid ranks as I'm now like one of the best in my guild), I just Can't understand how it's fun refreshing the arena and seeing your guilds hug top positions and just sitting there. Where as I get to pretty much derank anyone :D
Attempting Friendship Mode, please say "go back to your hole" if I veer off Friendship Mode and I'll delete non Friendship posts. Together we can be Friends! (Unless you are a traitor)
Hunter of Traitors, Ex Legendary non-Vip from Server 18.
 
User avatar
Vesperas
Viscount
Viscount
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Cloud 9 above K2
Contact:

Re: Competition seriously lacking

Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:33 pm

May as well edit this double post with something:

This is the exact reason professional sports have Salary Caps, so one team can't just buy up all the good players from other teams. The nfl would be watched less if 1 team in each conference made the super bowl every year, like this game, the gaps between guilds are crazy.
Last edited by Vesperas on Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Attempting Friendship Mode, please say "go back to your hole" if I veer off Friendship Mode and I'll delete non Friendship posts. Together we can be Friends! (Unless you are a traitor)
Hunter of Traitors, Ex Legendary non-Vip from Server 18.
 
Kronus
Baron
Baron
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: Competition seriously lacking

Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:17 pm

peanutjelly wrote:
what about reducing the guild size? maybe maxing it out to 15?


what kind of dumb idea is that lol? 15 members? HF ever finishing raids with 15 members (or even getting enough points to open them consistently)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: vvarg and 7 guests