Hobags
Knight
Knight

Suggestions for CoF

Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm

A lot of people complain about the Crucible of Fire because it's tedious and the rewards are frequently disappointing. I would like to propose some suggestions, as well as encourage others to voice their ideas about how to make it better. First off, the obvious ideas:

1. Provide an option to sweep the second run -- everyone already clamors for this.

2. Simply make the crucible shorter

3. Increase the frequency with which good items drop; add the possibility to win diamonds and/or chest tickets

Also, what about adding some sort of interest to what is otherwise a straightforward and linear process? For instance, instead of hoping you win the jackpot and get the three Shurikens you desperately need in your 15th chest, what if you could "go on a quest" for the particular item you need? Even if you were to receive maybe 10 fragments of the item you're after, at least you're actually guaranteed to get something you want -- instead of three Meteor Flails you'll never use.

What about the idea of adding traveling vendors in the Crucible?

How about an occasional occurrence that boosts a hero in the enemy team, but adds a reward in the next chest of 2 of that hero's soul stones?

What about conditional battles, similar in style to the dojo? Examples might be foggy conditions producing lowered physical hit rate; or a fight at a sacred altar that increases magic power.

I'm sure there are more ideas to be had that could add some spice to the crucible run. Please consider that many players begrudgingly run the CoF because they need the gold -- but they don't find it a very *fun* experience, unfortunately. Thanks for reading, and by all means, please help me add to this discussion!

Kronus
Baron
Baron

Re: Suggestions for CoF

Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:44 pm

Honestly my biggest gripe with COF is that it's simply too hard. The difficulty of COF is based on your server, and the more cashed up people you have, the worse it gets. What I hear often is ''just use XYZ heroes'' , but that's not how it works. You use X/Y/Z heroes until you see a team that kills your X and Z. I an 2nd highest level on my server, rank 6 at top 5 heroes and I have 10 heroes fully geared. I cannot finish COF anymore due to the dumb selection of teams. It is simply too hard.

I honestly do not think that the developers of this game actually play COF daily. Early game it was easy, right now at mid game it is insanely hard. Yeah maybe it won't be an issue when you reach 90 and have 50 heroes fully stacked, but you can say the same for any game. The issue is simply COF's difficulty and no other features will help with it since the teams inside are player therefore, therefore any other feature except the COF tweak would keep the difficulty the same or make it even harder.

Hobags
Knight
Knight

Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:56 am

Hi Kronos, you're not alone in feeling like CoF is too hard, although for sure as you gear up more heroes, you'll have more success. I certainly had times in the midgame when I couldn't finish CoF and it really pissed me off. Some heroes are generally more helpful in CoF, but that doesn't eliminate the need for enough heroes to strategically favor you against varied opponents.

In any case, I think your point is a valid one. Is it by design that players will struggle to finish the crucible? And if we're going to struggle through, it sure would be nice to feel like we earned good rewards for all the effort we had to put in.

To keep this topic focused on the generation of ideas to improve the CoF experience, perhaps this idea could help address the desire to have variable difficulty? What if there were branching paths in the CoF? You could see an easier and a harder team, but you get to choose which you fight. The harder team gives better loot.

Kronus
Baron
Baron

Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:07 am

An easy fix would be to drop the COF enemy team's stats by say 30%. They do less damage, have less hp,defense, etc.

Hobags
Knight
Knight

Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:37 pm

Another way might be to add consumable items that give bonuses to your heroes for one crucible run. Like a potion that gives a hero health, energy, or an attack speed increase.

Nightfury
Knight
Knight

Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:46 pm

Second swipe run will be awesome, about the drops the randomness is really annoying sometimes, there should be guarantee drops at level 10-15, probably best will be boxes that we can choose an item that we need. Also everyone who can't beat all levels should work on his strategy. Everyone has a counter, also try using team that can heal themselves and survive. My recent team is Vincent,Tareth,Garrik,Jasmine,Cara, Every round I have 2-3 ultimates ready and is about timing Cara's ultimate go get a bat for VIncent, or just killl Archana or any front liner.

Hobags
Knight
Knight

Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:59 pm

I get the feeling that the devs wouldn't go for letting you choose what item comes from the chests (maybe not, though), but another idea occurred to me that might be amenable to both devs and players. I think it would be cool if they added the possibility of finding a trapped leprechaun in a CoF chest. When you find him, you'll get bonus gold, plus he'd have a shop with useful fragments -- but you could only purchase those fragments with items. For example, you trade 3x Aurora Torch for 5x Spartan Dagger fragments. I think this would be a nice way to add more usefulness to all the spare items that accumulate unless you're sacrificing them to enchant heroes' gear.

Vesperas
Viscount
Viscount

Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:47 am

How long has it been since I said something sarcastic about someone with a 2nd cof angery he has to play the game part of the game? This isn't UnCOOL's hero's farce!

You can always not do it. If your vip level is that high, the four free mines and 120 gems a day will keep you up to snuff.
Attempting Friendship Mode, please say "go back to your hole" if I veer off Friendship Mode and I'll delete non Friendship posts. Together we can be Friends! (Unless you are a traitor)
Hunter of Traitors, Ex Legendary non-Vip from Server 18.

Hobags
Knight
Knight

Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:07 pm

I don't know how long it's been, but that's not really the point of this thread... I don't have 2 CoF runs, so the sweep issue isn't pertinent to me. But I've heard the call for it so much I had to at least mention it here. And as far as playing the game part of the game, this is about suggesting improvements to make that experience more fun.

In fact, I've thought of another possibility that might be nice. What if the CoF dropped fragments of an item (or items) than can only be gotten from the CoF? Maybe one such item they could introduce would be a raid reset item, so you could raid another two times in the same day? This could potentially increase the speed with which players get items they really want. =)

BarryAllen
Baron
Baron

Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:05 am

I agree with the sweep as posted in other forum, though some complain it will kill the game. For them I say go ahead and play it through twice as long as they have that much free time. For people who actually work would be useful to have a sweep. I am not sure it needs to be shortened otherwise that would lower items as well as gold and based on the cost to move skills need the gold. I do think the chests could be better. From chest 10-15 those should be giving better items. Cheese out of chest 15 is not much of a reward, especially considering with new orange gear CofF has become harder.