KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Re: Ariel's awakening

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:17 am

I think you guys are mistaken. I actually think this awakening skill is better than Ethera's

First the probability is >5% not 4%. Second the chance to proc is every time she deals damage and she hits at least 5 enemies at once so, in practice the probability is much higher. Third, "useless shield"? Definitely not useless...

Fourth, she can only avoid 7000-8000 but, she will avoid this damage regardless of how high the hit is. Example, if the hit is for 15k she will be dealt only 15k-8k. If Ethera would be hit for 15k she cannot avoid anything at all.

natsu
Squire
Squire

Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:49 pm

Ariel's awakening skill isn't bad at all. She is a bad hero herself. Her awakening is actually really good, even if it has 4-5% chance to create a shield. All her skills are AOE which allow her to shield herself multiple times since it can be stack. She is a backline hero and her job is to do damage. By having multiple shields allow her to not get kill easily.
She is good early game hero because of AOE. But at the same time, she is bad late game because of AOE. In arena, building fast energy is really important since everything is AUTO. Ariel provide too much energy to enemies and her silence skills is not that great since Lilith introduce silence resistant. She also doesn't do much damage. Overall there are way more better than her and she have no team comp to build around her. She is like the fire mage girl who I forgot her name because she is that bad.

natsu
Squire
Squire

Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:54 pm

Also her ability is more suit her since she hit multiple times. Unlike Alana's awaken, dodge rate based skill on a hero who has 95 dodge rate with 0 dodge rate item. All these awakening are really broken to the right hero tho. For example: Alana's awakening on Ezio or Ariel's awakening on Gizmo or serafine?

Arclight
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:28 pm

natsu wrote:
[...]She is a bad hero herself.[...]She also doesn't do much damage. Overall there are way more better than her and she have no team comp to build around her.[...]

Disagree 100%. It seems you haven't seen a deadly Ariel in arena? She's definitely among the top heroes currently especially in that mage heavy meta. And I argue that there are plenty other players agreeing with me.
"Comments reflect the opinion of their authors and in particular are not suitable to justify a legal decision."

「A」rclight
Level 100, 98k rating, 642 stars

Guild leader of

「A」llstars
Server 11-24, 87 wins - 7 loss

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:04 am

Arclight wrote:
natsu wrote:
[...]She is a bad hero herself.[...]She also doesn't do much damage. Overall there are way more better than her and she have no team comp to build around her.[...]

Disagree 100%. It seems you haven't seen a deadly Ariel in arena? She's definitely among the top heroes currently especially in that mage heavy meta. And I argue that there are plenty other players agreeing with me.

I definitely agree with you. End game Ariel and "doesn't do much damage" in the same sentence does not compute.

The only problem of using AOE is if you use only one hero with AOE, *then* you will be feeding the enemy. In the right team Ariel is super deadly. And we are talking level 100 here, not low levels where Ariel is obviously awesome.

natsu
Squire
Squire

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:36 am

Please tell me what kind of def or attack team that you guy are using her with to be this "Deadly". No one use her at all in my server.

FakeLikeFaker
Knight
Knight

Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:24 am

2 AOE Tank + Taurus + Sylphi + Ariel
2 AOE Tank + Sylphi + Ariel + Serafine
1 AOE Tank + Taurus + Sylphi + Ariel + Avior/Arcturus

AOE Tank could be Goram, Zem, Xanos, or Malrath/Tholin*, those 5 are my top choice in that particular order.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:41 am

natsu wrote:
Please tell me what kind of def or attack team that you guy are using her with to be this "Deadly". No one use her at all in my server.

Just watch the videos from Worst F and see the top 3 players in epic arena destroy everything in seconds with her in the team... And we are not talking about people who have been playing for a short time or have a shortage of heroes... They have spent thousands of $ in the game.

OK, I've got a few examples for you:
1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vNcstJokF8&t=6m43s
Low damage damage eh? I wonder if she had good damage... And he only just recently upgraded her to O2 and she has only one item equipped. The top 3 teams have maxed out Ariels

2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vNcstJokF8&t=35m48s
A fight vs one of the top 3, watch how the HP of his heroes dissapears in 10 seconds from Sylphi + Ariel.