Alex
Knight
Knight

Re: Vip benefits

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:45 pm

Renzalun wrote:
My suggestion for high vip:
With these new modes we could add new things to high vip.
Get the number of times you can get a reward by helping in ruins is a good option imo.
Crucible sweep only for 2nd run is good too (high vip usually are a bit too strong to waste more time after the first run).

The best feature that comes to my mind is add a dayly vip dojo thing where there is the possibility to find some items or soulstones (not in big quantity but helps the walletwarriors to have more things to do).

I like a lot and agree on every propositions of Orange tux but Renzalun has got a point too. In game benefits could also be interesting to keep me from getting bored. Thanks!
S19 [IM]

Sivvinissimoen
Squire
Squire

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:21 pm

I liked you a lot more before Mr. Alex, but anyway. You are kinda complaining about money already spent, the VIP rewards have been an important topic. We all want more content from this already great game, even though we might have different ideas about what this content should be. So devs, please give us more content. Maybe rework the VIP rewards, but don't feel obliged to give us VIPs more then we already have paid for.
For me, what I want the most is new players that can join our community and enjoy it. And please stop making all these new servers, rather fill up the existing ones. I want new people on my server :-(

Sincerely "Sivvinissimoen"

ferisadi
Squire
Squire

Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:28 pm

Dear Orangetux,

You are VIP 15, and have reached the endgame. Most heroes are already fully levelled and equipped.
So you ask yourself:
what's my incentive to keep spending?

That's a perfectly normal and justified question. What I do not understand is the logic behind your 'incentives' to keep playing and paying. Let me explain what I mean with this.

Crucible of fire sweep function:
Gold coins are not really interesting or an issue at end game. How is a function that provides u a way to get coins easier, an incentive to keep playing and spending? It will make it easier to get something you don't even need... The truth is you are probably losing interest in this game, and want a sweep function, so keeping to play this game will not be such a grind as it is now.

discount on purchase events:
You imply that you don't have any incentive to spend right now. This means either that (1) you don't need the things that are sold in this game OR (2) You feel you don't get enough stuff for your cash. In case of (1) Giving discount will achieve nothing since you don't want the items / stuff in first place. In case of (2) combined with the fact that you love this game. science suggests that in the end you will still spend. No matter if u get discount or not. In case of (2) the current incentives provided by the game will keep you spending anyway (although you want more value for your money, you spend anyways).

ETC ETC ETC.

In my opinion there are 2 possibilities:
1. You are at the end game. The game doesn't provide u much new things to achieve and it isn't that much fun anymore. The main reason why you want to keep playing is because you already invested a lot. If this is the case giving more stuff or making things easier will not keep u in for the long run. If this is the case u need things like a higher player level. New ways to make your hero stronger. Cross server epic boss battles. And I don't know what new features.

2. You basicly love the game and the game is still very interesting for you. You have spend a lot in the past and will keep doing so. Ofcourse you will always try to get the best deal and offer. But you will take what u can get and will spend anyways. Your post is just an attempt to get more value for your cash.
----------------------------------

Last thing I would like to say is that I don't think its smart to give VIP players to much exclusive rights (VIP hero, VIP forum, VIP blabla). This will create a big(ger) barrier between VIP and NON VIP. To the point where the game is not attractive to play as NON VIP. Such an environment will repel new players. Yes. On short term its the people who spend a lot NOW, who give the game the right to exist NOW. But remember that any new player has the potential of becoming a spending player in the future. And keeping to get new players over longer periods of time is the ONLY way a game will survive in the long run. The rewarding of VIP players is already big compared to NON VIP. By making it bigger, they will just kill the game (medium and long term).

Yours sincerely,
Ferisadi
In the afterlife the soul hunters will meet their maker.
Its in this place they will see me. Until then, be brave.

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:30 am

@ferisadi
The original suggestions from Tux are not the topic of the discussion, right now; we are discussing different solutions that I grouped in my reply(and I added some of mine).
You are 5 days late, I'm sorry

OrangeTux
Knight
Knight

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:10 am

I'm with Alex on this one. Let's continue this topic constructively. Admin has already agreed the vip system is outdated. Now it's our job to provide useful insight into ways to improve it. I like some of the ideas mentioned already. I would even like a vip purchase event. Honestly the difference between 14 and 15 isn't noticable. Something there would be nice. Anybody else have any new suggestions or like any already mentioned?

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:13 am

Hi guys let's discuss without attacking other users please. The topic will remain open and you are all welcome to give your suggestions and feedback regarding the subject.

OrangeTux
Knight
Knight

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:22 am

Also @ferisadi.

I may agree now, that a separate forum is not necessary. But as mentioned. The current discussion is about the solution to update existing rewards. Is it worth it for me to spend to vip 15 for a useless purple item?

I would take the time to tell you which of your paragraphs I fall in, but I can't say that one specific one suit's me. The main point of this is to get the attention of the devs (already accomplished and with them agreeing) . I'm not saying I need everything on a golden platter. But just the fact that they have listened is a good start. Anything would be better than how it's set up now.

OrangeTux
Knight
Knight

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:25 am

hengli wrote:
Hi guys let's discuss without attacking other users please. The topic will remain open and you are all welcome to give your suggestions and feedback regarding the subject.

I don't see any direct insults, but I do agree that we can stay a little more civil and on topic. So, I will do my best to do so! Thanks!

Celeburnio
Squire
Squire

Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:16 pm

While I might agree that the direct benefits of being VIP 15 are low on endgame it is still true that it provides a nice advantage between non-VIP players.

As a rather new player I feel that those extra xp and credits are highly valuable. Yes, the soulstones and the items given after reaching those VIP levels are lackluster but I feel that Sivvinissimoen is fairly right. Having more players playing the game is always better than having less but bigger spenders because, big spenders will always be a minority. Having more people that randomly buys something here and there, but regularly, is more rewarding for the health of the game, because that is what maintains the game alive. That is achieved through mainly new content but keeping it balanced so people always get attracted to the game, because it's free. Creating walls between paying players and free ones tend to be an error.

One of the main problems in this kind of games is that people pay to progress. So, if there is no objective people get bored easily and stop playing. But it is also certain that people will stop playing if the gap between VIPs and non-VIPs is too high and that surely will lead to zero bucks spent plus a non satisfying experience that might be shared to other potential new players... Bad news usually spread faster than good ones...

OrangeTux
Knight
Knight

Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:23 pm

Celeburnio wrote:
While I might agree that the direct benefits of being VIP 15 are low on endgame it is still true that it provides a nice advantage between non-VIP players.

As a rather new player I feel that those extra xp and credits are highly valuable. Yes, the soulstones and the items given after reaching those VIP levels are lackluster but I feel that Sivvinissimoen is fairly right. Having more players playing the game is always better than having less but bigger spenders because, big spenders will always be a minority. Having more people that randomly buys something here and there, but regularly, is more rewarding for the health of the game, because that is what maintains the game alive. That is achieved through mainly new content but keeping it balanced so people always get attracted to the game, because it's free. Creating walls between paying players and free ones tend to be an error.

One of the main problems in this kind of games is that people pay to progress. So, if there is no objective people get bored easily and stop playing. But it is also certain that people will stop playing if the gap between VIPs and non-VIPs is too high and that surely will lead to zero bucks spent plus a non satisfying experience that might be shared to other potential new players... Bad news usually spread faster than good ones...

Personally I don't think the gap is that big at all. Case in point, I have a vip0 in my guild, who didn't even know what the monthly card was. Yet he maintains top 50 in arena and most leader boards. Sure, vip or spenders can have an advantage. But if free players use all of their attacks in caves and spend their diamonds wisely, they can maintain a competitive edge.

I do agree that the gap shouldn't be widened. But again, that's not the issue we are discussing. The issue is, the vip system, created when you had a chance of not even receiving one soul stone from heroic, and when hero's max were 5 stars. And it hasn't been updated since. If the game was still like that, I wouldn't be asking for much, if anything. But the game has evolved, all I'm asking is that the vip benefits evolve as well. Not asking for the world. But as mentioned, the grind is tough during end game. Doing 2 crucible runs every day now taking close to 20 minutes a run is boring. All i want are quality of life improvements, not game changing competitive edge.