Drakan
Squire
Squire

Special Edition Avatar Event (Li Twins) ?!

Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:43 pm

Hello guys,
I guess this is one of the anniversary events Lilith promoted so passionately on their Facebook page - the "Special Edition Avatar" event. I wouldn't count the "Gold Chest Extravaganza" which we can see on a weekly basis, right? So besides the new hero, this is supposed to be the anticipated event. Let me note that I just spend €99.99 (no, not dollars in my AppStore currency is fixed to Euro which cost me $112.72) which is for the 8000 pack on promotion (16000 diamonds in total) from which I needed 12000 diamonds to summon the Li Twins. This was to be expected but here comes the interesting part - in the event description it says:
Promote the week's new Conjuring Stone Hero to 5 stars by this Saturday and earn a Special Edition Avatar of this Hero.

Now let's clear things out - I have to promote this 3 star hero to 5 stars by next Saturday. Let's think about this one...hmm...This is 100 soulstones to 4 and another 150 soulstones to 5 stars which in total will give you 250 soulstones you need to somehow magically obtain. The question is how? Let's make a check list:
  • Provided heroic instances to farm the soulstones during the event period - ⊠
  • Provided special shops to farm the soulstones during the event period (like Crucible Supply Wagon, Guild Emporium, Arena Armory, Champion's Corner, Legendary Shop) - ⊠
  • Provided Interstellar Merchant to purchase soustones during the event period - ⊠
  • Provided Mystic Ruins to have a chance for soulstones in order to farm them during the event period - ⊠

All of them are checked as ⊠ - unavailable which leaves us only with one option and this is the Summoner Circle, more particularly the Conjuring Stone (VIP 11 service only). Now...for 12000 diamonds to summon my Li Twins I barely got 33 soulstones and that's 75% of the total diamonds I purchased which is €75 moneywise. I repeat 33 soulstones = €75. So if I want to...hm...participate in this event I still somehow need to find 217 more soulstones by next Saturday.

Speculations (my chance):
If we do the simple math with this rate of luck I have to be able to summon them at least 3 more times (3*30 = 90) together with 3*33 = 99 soulstones and hope get halfway to her 4th summon in order to gather the rest of the soulstones. This 3 times 12000 (36000) plus another 30 soulstones on top which can go between 42000 - 48000 diamonds in TOTAL. Since we already got the promotion on the €99.99 pack now we're left with 2 promotions - €19.99 and €4.99 pack. Let's do the math again - the best scenario (based on my luck) 42000 diamonds would cost me: €19.99 (prom) + €4.99 (prom) + 4*€99.99 + €49.99 + €4.99 = 480 - €480 ($480 for US citizen).

But...let's just say it's me and my bad luck, let's take a look at you. Yep, you - Mr Leprechaun the guy with the best luck ever!

To be Mr Leprechaun on Sunday with the best luck ever:
Even if we say that I strongly exaggerated the chance for a next summon and today you're Mr Leprechaun having a four-leaf clover in your pocket - you summon them 7 times by the 12th attempt (on average) - theoretically speaking this is pretty good chance. First time you summon Li Twins (no soulstones 1st time) and get 10 soulstones by the 12th attempt. The other 6 times you summon Li Twins (6*30 = 180 souls) and get at least 10 soulstones for every 12 chests (6*10 = 60) which will be equal to 180+10+60 = 250 soulstones.
How much Mr Leprechaun would pay you ask? Well let's say he spend $99.99 (promotion) = 16000 diamonds and he got the hero by the 12th run - 4800d which leaves you with 11200 diamonds. You still need to summon the hero at least 6 more times considering the example which is 6*12 = 72 runs in total. Each chest run would be 400d. The total cost for all the chest runs would be 72*400 = 28800. Now we deduct the diamonds we have (11200) and this leaves us with the diamonds we need to buy: 28800-11200 = 17600. So moneywise we still have to get at least 2 packs for 8000d and one for 1600d (8000+8000+1600 = 17600). This would be $99.99 + $99.99 + $19.99 = $220 - just to collect the 250 soulstones and get an avatar...Oh, sorry! Where are my manners? Aghm.. The Special Edition Avatar (this worth more for sure)!

Is this some bad nightmare and I am still not awake, and it's not Sunday or actually this insanity is for real?
Let me know what you think...
Last edited by Drakan on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:37 am, edited 9 times in total.

Alex
Knight
Knight

Re: Special Edition Avatar Event (Li Twins) ?!

Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:39 pm

I agree. This is ridiculous and once again showing how we really are seen by Lilith...

Well you forgot to point that the double diamond offer followed by a purchase bonus the very next day was really a nice gift :)

Oh.. One more thing! You can't even use the twins cause they make crash the game ... :/
S19 [IM]

SplashBro
Knight
Knight

Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:08 pm

Alex wrote:
I agree. This is ridiculous and once again showing how we really are seen by Lilith...

Well you forgot to point that the double diamond offer followed by a purchase bonus the very next day was really a nice gift :)

Oh.. One more thing! You can't even use the twins cause they make crash the game ... :/

Wish they would have told us about the Ethera/Cara ss bonus with purchase ahead of time. I bought the double diamond bonus on the first day (before the ss bonus). Sneaky...they got me good :(

Guru
Knight
Knight

Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:08 pm

I mean.. no one is telling you to spend that much nor is it absolutely needed to play with in order to be competitive.

They are releasing a cool new character to the game and it will be available momentarily. If you don't feel like waiting and want to get a jump on the gun you can but it will be expensive.

Think about it. If it wasn't expensive.. then everyone would be forced to buy it to stay current. And for those people that don't spend any money at all, they get the short end of the stick and suddenly it's pay to play. I think it's good to have a few "whales" support the game and test out champions before they are available to the masses.

Just be patient. If you don't want to buy it then don't. But at least you have the option
Server: 145
Guild: Slappers
IGN: Guru

Baldies
Knight
Knight

Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:09 pm

Showing off you are a top spender with that avatar is not something to be proud

Guru
Knight
Knight

Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:04 pm

Baldies wrote:
Showing off you are a top spender with that avatar is not something to be proud

Oh? And whys that? If you bought a Lamborghini would you always keep it in the garage and never show anyone?

Drakan
Squire
Squire

Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:21 am

I mean.. no one is telling you to spend that much nor is it absolutely needed to play with in order to be competitive.
They are releasing a cool new character to the game and it will be available momentarily. If you don't feel like waiting and want to get a jump on the gun you can but it will be expensive.

Think about it. If it wasn't expensive.. then everyone would be forced to buy it to stay current. And for those people that don't spend any money at all, they get the short end of the stick and suddenly it's pay to play. I think it's good to have a few "whales" support the game and test out champions before they are available to the masses.

Just be patient. If you don't want to buy it then don't. But at least you have the option

First I did buy Li Twins (if you didn't read my first paragraph) as well as many more things from the game - therefore as someone who invested real money I do have the right to express my opinion when they start doing things really wrong. Second - nobody talks here about how much one should spend - if it's worth it why not, aye? You said Lamborghini - just a basic model could cost you $199,800 ‐ $262,350 but you forget something really important - Lamborghini is a top notch super sport car with an engine that can perform on almost professional (racing) level by default and comes with all the luxury extras (special leather interior with sport seats, modified OS with GPS track, phone service, front and back camera for self-parking, etc. etc. etc. My point is you get VALUE for your MONEY. Real value, not just looks. In my example I'm referring to a 20x20 pixels avatar which I can probably do on Photoshop for 1 hour. And this my friend would cost you $220 dollars (at best) - sure you will be cool, maybe for a month or two but WHERE is the VALUE in this? That's the difference between rich people spending money and stupid people who have been given a lot of money to spend - the first group may buy very expensive stuff but always equal or better in value than its price, the second group will buy a drawing with a black dot in the middle of a white background not because this is something profound in art - just because you can sell them everything.

Guru
Knight
Knight

Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:59 am

Drakan wrote:

First I did buy Li Twins (if you didn't read my first paragraph) as well as many more things from the game - therefore as someone who invested real money I do have the right to express my opinion when they start doing things really wrong. Second - nobody talks here about how much one should spend - if it's worth it why not, aye? You said Lamborghini - just a basic model could cost you $199,800 ‐ $262,350 but you forget something really important - Lamborghini is a top notch super sport car with an engine that can perform on almost professional (racing) level by default and comes with all the luxury extras (special leather interior with sport seats, modified OS with GPS track, phone service, front and back camera for self-parking, etc. etc. etc. My point is you get VALUE for your MONEY. Real value, not just looks. In my example I'm referring to a 20x20 pixels avatar which I can probably do on Photoshop for 1 hour. And this my friend would cost you $220 dollars (at best) - sure you will be cool, maybe for a month or two but WHERE is the VALUE in this? That's the difference between rich people spending money and stupid people who have been given a lot of money to spend - the first group may buy very expensive stuff but always equal or better in value than its price, the second group will buy a drawing with a black dot in the middle of a white background not because this is something profound in art - just because you can sell them everything.

You're missing my point. I mentioned the Lamborghini as an example because most people do not NEED a car that do what that car does. Typically.. most people need a car to go from point A to point B, not something luxurious, fast and flashy (nothing against the car I'm just saying). Perhaps a better example would be watches .. like a Rolex versus an invictus as its less functional. But that's neither here nor there and we are digressing

As far as value, getting that avatar might make some people happy. If it does, great! And you are helping support the developers while you're at it. If not, then you're not the only one.

I'm simply offering a reason as to why making something as trivial as an avatar so expensive might not be such a bad thing. I never knocked you or anyone for getting Li twins (I have one as well). Please do not jump to acusiations.

Cherrybomb
Knight
Knight

Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:39 am

I guess you're missing the point. To obtain the twins you must be vip11, which in turn requires a big chunk of change to begin with. With that said i believe for a one year anniversary gift to all who bought the twins should get the avatar for free, rather than ask for more money just to say "thank you big spenders".

Sushibear
Knight
Knight

Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:40 am

mhmmmm.... with the 1st attempt of getting the Li Twins I got the 3 stars. Then 8~10k Diamonds later i were able to make a 4* though I don't want to spend more to get the avatar... like seriously... :|
:shock: Time flies until you are out of move :o

Server: 148 Oral Orb
IGN: ♤AceOfSpade♤
Guild: HighRollers
Lv. 100
VIP 15