User avatar
Guilty
Squire
Squire
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:44 pm

Racist symbol with Lama hero

Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:19 pm

The new hero Lama shows a swastika during gameplay. I highly suggest removing it ASAP before you have serious issues.
Last edited by Guilty on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
 
User avatar
Sylphi
Baron
Baron
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:49 am

Re: Rasist symbol with Lama hero

Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:24 am

Guilty wrote:
The new hero Lama shows a swastika during gameplay. I highly suggest removing is ASAP before you have serious issues.

NON-SENSE! Swastika symbol in most Asia country (Japan) are consider “peace” way before it’s use on the Nazi and since the game is made in Asia, I do not see anything that is wrong with it. Either learn it or lose it. I just don’t get it why people are so mad about it.
"I COMMAND you to be SILENCE!"
 
cnlew
Knight
Knight
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:32 pm

Re: Rasist symbol with Lama hero

Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:38 am

Sylphi wrote:
Guilty wrote:
The new hero Lama shows a swastika during gameplay. I highly suggest removing is ASAP before you have serious issues.

NON-SENSE! Swastika symbol in most Asia country (Japan) are consider “peace” way before it’s use on the Nazi and since the game is made in Asia, I do not see anything that is wrong with it. Either learn it or lose it. I just don’t get it why people are so mad about it.

the reason people here in the states get triggered is the war crimes associated with the party that people lived though many of them are still alive and it is a sore subject. before you say anything yes i do know the difference between the two, the swastika sits as an X while the peace symbol sits as a + but even the pokemon card series had cards changed to address the issue so yes the symbol is a sore point and lilith may very well face legal problems if it is not addressed as the symbol is in some states illegal.
 
User avatar
JerenSoon
Viscount
Viscount
Posts: 540
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:48 am

Re: Rasist symbol with Lama hero

Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:48 pm

I have no idea why people get triggered by the Buddha Symbol Lama made...?
But I know Lilith Games didn't have an intention to hurt any players with that symbol (Sorry if I meant you; WW2 Survivors) because they're ported Lama from HQ (Which is china server; which nothing to be offended with "卍" symbol)
But if this is a major issue to you, consider you need to learn much about symbols and anything (Lilith Games didn't like Nazism , to be honest)
Image

What I might posting or commenting are on my personal opinion and doesn't speak on behalf of Lilith Games.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCijF2XiHl5wLdivANRVRS0A
 
User avatar
Sylphi
Baron
Baron
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:49 am

Re: Rasist symbol with Lama hero

Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:02 pm

cnlew wrote:
Sylphi wrote:
Guilty wrote:
The new hero Lama shows a swastika during gameplay. I highly suggest removing is ASAP before you have serious issues.

NON-SENSE! Swastika symbol in most Asia country (Japan) are consider “peace” way before it’s use on the Nazi and since the game is made in Asia, I do not see anything that is wrong with it. Either learn it or lose it. I just don’t get it why people are so mad about it.

the reason people here in the states get triggered is the war crimes associated with the party that people lived though many of them are still alive and it is a sore subject. before you say anything yes i do know the difference between the two, the swastika sits as an X while the peace symbol sits as a + but even the pokemon card series had cards changed to address the issue so yes the symbol is a sore point and lilith may very well face legal problems if it is not addressed as the symbol is in some states illegal.

Oh! Please. Cry me a river will’ya? Knowing that the symbol have 2 completely meaning and yet you choose to go with the one who involve with the war crimes. And “yes” it’s so pointless charging anyone who use that symbol. You can’t hide it forever, it’s much better to see it and get over it. And I though it was AH who is most hated and not the Swastika symbol.
"I COMMAND you to be SILENCE!"
 
User avatar
Sylphi
Baron
Baron
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:49 am

Re: Rasist symbol with Lama hero

Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:10 pm

But please do change the symbol, my love for the jewish people is just too much but other than that do whatever you want.
"I COMMAND you to be SILENCE!"
 
User avatar
Coolbeans
Squire
Squire
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 2:40 pm

Re: Rasist symbol with Lama hero

Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:11 am

Its a matter of interpretation, the fact that in asian culture this symbol stands for something positive doesn't legitimize in the west, whenever translating / localizing things for the euro/us market stuff like this needs to be addressed.
Fact is most players who see that symbol will automatically associate it with the Nazi stuff, not with Buddha.
 
User avatar
Quaky
Baron
Baron
Posts: 239
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:09 am

Re: Rasist symbol with Lama hero

Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:20 am

 
User avatar
Guilty
Squire
Squire
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:44 pm

Re: Rasist symbol with Lama hero

Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:28 am

I bring up something for Lilith to consider because that symbol reminds people who PLAY YOUR GAME of lost loved ones who have died a horrific death. You market a game sold for consumers living in a political racial time which only support the people who chose to believe that over 90% of the world population including yours does not have aright to live on this planet. And you can't see why we're getting upset.
 
Burnhard31
Knight
Knight
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:58 pm

Re: Rasist symbol with Lama hero

Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:46 am

First, i missclicked and beeing normaly from the AOC Forum. I dont know the symbol ingame.

But - (at least) in german language europe this symbol can bring legal consequences, no matter in what context.
One of my friends got a previous conviction because of his tattoo (Buddha with swastika on breast).

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rafferaff6 and 5 guests