Grocoloco
Baron
Baron

Gap between p2w and p2p is gigantic now.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:01 pm

Two of the top global arena players are on my server. One has 8 legendary pets, the other sits at 5+; both have all their golden pets trained with levels 1-5 all attached to premium heroes with 7 stars that become invincible unless you have the same as them (I'm talking about Elador, Batman, Flash, etc.), so their teams are close to 80k rating now while the rest of the server still has a maximum of 70k, and this is less than a week since the update.
I understand that the more you spend the stronger your account gets but six months ago the same players were the strongest, nowadays they are on a level that is just impossible to reach for a normal person (I'm a VIP 15 player with 7 star premium heroes too).
You're making this game way too pay to win, the motivation to spend on it is getting lost with every update because now it's useless if I spend $200 getting a CS hero 5 stars, now I need to spend $1000+ extra to get his golden pet, pet items, runes, gold for pet and 7 stars to even have a chance to compete. My best chance is spending $0 and I will simply remain in my spot.
Thinking in retrospective I feel so stupid when we complained about skins with skills, and how they were going to ruin the game by increasing the gap between f2p and p2p, those things were a joke, probably just the mental conditioning Lilith was doing to their players to buy anything that gives an advantage.
So if your focus is to make 99% of your income from <100 players, while there are thousands that play and actually make it possible for the game to be a community experience, keep doing it, but I'm sure your income is going to drop once those 5+ legendary players move on to something else and the rest of the player base gets tired of not progressing.

LoneWolf
Baron
Baron

Re: Gap between p2w and p2p is gigantic now.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:50 pm

Mate I have NEVER paid to play a video game, and I never will. I'm contempt with what I have achieved in this game as a free player, and that's how it will remain. The game is just a time waster. Don't waste your money on it, take it from me. Your money should go towards more important things in life, not a video game that will have no value to you whatsoever.
Never Bite The Hand That Feeds You
Current Primary Deck: Nilya, Sylphi, Kong, Malrath, Goram
Current Secondary Deck: Firehawk, Jasmine, Taurus, Tashi, Elric

Grocoloco
Baron
Baron

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:49 pm

That's cool, that's the way you play the game, I don't regret paying for it because it's fun for me and I would pay more if it actually meant something without investing extraordinary amounts. Don't need anyone to tell me how to use my money, thanks.
My point is that for those of us who spent on this game on the past nowadays spending more is pretty much useless, I'm sure that's easy to understand. A few months ago a player who only bought a monthly card had a (slim) chance of beating top players, they could even achieve competitive scores in HoL, currently they don't stand the slight chance, heck you can even throw a full 7 star premium team with runes against those "legendary" players and you are lucky to kill even one of theirs. And the devs leave the only chance to get legendaries as a $400 purchase? Smh.

LoneWolf
Baron
Baron

Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:19 am

Grocoloco wrote:
That's cool, that's the way you play the game, I don't regret paying for it because it's fun for me and I would pay more if it actually meant something without investing extraordinary amounts. Don't need anyone to tell me how to use my money, thanks.
My point is that for those of us who spent on this game on the past nowadays spending more is pretty much useless, I'm sure that's easy to understand. A few months ago a player who only bought a monthly card had a (slim) chance of beating top players, they could even achieve competitive scores in HoL, currently they don't stand the slight chance, heck you can even throw a full 7 star premium team with runes against those "legendary" players and you are lucky to kill even one of theirs. And the devs leave the only chance to get legendaries as a $400 purchase? Smh.

Well that's exactly why I don't spend money on it. The developers, Lilith, get greedy. This game is a prime example. They want more money and give you less in return.

Even going back to something really old - Ezio. It costs $99 to buy 7 stars when I can buy the first 4 entire Assassin's Creed video games for less than that. Go figure lol.

Reggelt
Baron
Baron

Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:28 am

Yeah prices are outrageous! I couldn't even make myself buy Batman for10$ because it's not real. I have Batman pillow that was cheaper! A real pillow on the bookcase!

spas2k
Knight
Knight

Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:18 pm

I would argue that spending THOUSANDS of dollars on a simple, skill-less carrot on a stick game isn't necessarily "winning"... regardless of how much money you have.

mmmmmmmmmmmm
Baron
Baron

Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:10 pm

The gap is so huge now there is no saving it and no return. The person losing out the most is the salmon or dolphin. The ftp only lost time. The Blue whale doesn't care, they have an endless income.

LoneWolf
Baron
Baron

Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:23 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:
The gap is so huge now there is no saving it and no return. The person losing out the most is the salmon or dolphin. The ftp only lost time. The Blue whale doesn't care, they have an endless income.

This my friend, is the precise reason I'm a ftp player :mrgreen:

Madmanz
Squire
Squire

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:56 am

I have a suggestion: create a vanilla server for f2p players. No dc heroes, skins, pets etc.

Nady
Baron
Baron

Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:15 pm

Madmanz wrote:
I have a suggestion: create a vanilla server for f2p players. No dc heroes, skins, pets etc.

So will you pay the cost to run a server?

Btw, Im about to end this game. 0 motivation, 0 new hero for login or AC. They will definitely put a new CS hero. After Hengli gone, nothing comes from the new Admin. I play with MFF (Marvel Future Fight). There you are able to farm the most powerfull heroes for free. SH just time wasting now. Might Hengli just left the wrecking ship.