Slyrk
Knight
Knight

Worst awakenings?

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:36 am

I'm just curious as to what what people consider to be the worst awakenings.

• Who do you regret awakening?
  • Which hero has the worst awakening overall?

For me, I regret awakening Zem and Mazir. What a waste of time these two awakenings were. Zem's slow is fun against HoL bosses like Crusher, where the accumulated slowing effects of Octo, Vernos, and Zem almost make Crusher stand still, but since HoL is a DPS race, he has no place there. And he's too vulnerable to physical attacks for Arena. Mazir's awakening is just way too slow to have an effect in the Arenas and for trash raid stages with physically resistant enemies Gremor + Sylphi >>> Mazir.

Worst awakening overall has to be Jasmine. Maybe that's not actually true and I'm just sore because it's so fresh, but there would have been so many options to make her viable in the arenas again: I would have loved to see her with a new ability that steals some amount of energy, say 100 energy, from the enemy with the highest energy. It would kind of fit with her skill set as energy control goes well with healers, it would resolve her problem of charging her ultimate too slowly in Arenas, it would actually hurt the enemy. and it would be something different that we haven't seen before. Temporary magic armor boost to an allied unit she heals? Hell, Tashi has a passive magic armor boost to every allied unit with the exact same values. Why would anybody use Jasmine over Tashi..

Personally I'm sick of awakening abilities that just enhance the hero's ultimate (Garrick's awakening is the exception). What role is awakened Taurus supposed to fill? Magic heroes with a killer ultimate that never survive to use it are abundant in this game already.

PizzaPleaze
Squire
Squire

Re: Worst awakenings?

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:05 pm

Soren. Easy.

Reggelt
Baron
Baron

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:53 pm

I don't see much difference between malrath and aw malrath...

REAPER23
Knight
Knight

Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:07 am

I agree with the Soren statement. I've tried so hard in every single way possible to make Soren a good hero and usable but Its just not possible. Don't ask why but for some reason I just like him a lot. I wish he was better and his abilities boosted in so many ways. Soren awakening I think could be good if they fixed it. It's bugged it doesn't actually work the way it says it's suppose to. I've recorded many videos (which have proven it doesn't work) and sent them to lilith via private message through Facebook asking them to fix it but it gets me no where every time. I wish his ultimate triggered for the whole team as well not just himself. I think that alone would make him very useable.
I could go for a Cheese Burger right about now.... Just sayin

cnlew
Knight
Knight

Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:58 pm

worst aw include dr. zeno, if he is dying you already lost,cara, same as zeno aqua same as zeno tashi unless it is an absolutely massive boost and dokras is in there too the aw is just too big a risk.

cnlew
Knight
Knight

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:02 pm

Slyrk wrote:
I'm just curious as to what what people consider to be the worst awakenings.

• Who do you regret awakening?
  • Which hero has the worst awakening overall?

For me, I regret awakening Zem and Mazir. What a waste of time these two awakenings were. Zem's slow is fun against HoL bosses like Crusher, where the accumulated slowing effects of Octo, Vernos, and Zem almost make Crusher stand still, but since HoL is a DPS race, he has no place there. And he's too vulnerable to physical attacks for Arena. Mazir's awakening is just way too slow to have an effect in the Arenas and for trash raid stages with physically resistant enemies Gremor + Sylphi >>> Mazir.

Worst awakening overall has to be Jasmine. Maybe that's not actually true and I'm just sore because it's so fresh, but there would have been so many options to make her viable in the arenas again: I would have loved to see her with a new ability that steals some amount of energy, say 100 energy, from the enemy with the highest energy. It would kind of fit with her skill set as energy control goes well with healers, it would resolve her problem of charging her ultimate too slowly in Arenas, it would actually hurt the enemy. and it would be something different that we haven't seen before. Temporary magic armor boost to an allied unit she heals? Hell, Tashi has a passive magic armor boost to every allied unit with the exact same values. Why would anybody use Jasmine over Tashi..

Personally I'm sick of awakening abilities that just enhance the hero's ultimate (Garrick's awakening is the exception). What role is awakened Taurus supposed to fill? Magic heroes with a killer ultimate that never survive to use it are abundant in this game already.

had an intersting idea for jasmine aw myself viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13917&p=54083#p54083 if you want to see

rhaaalovely
Knight
Knight

Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:03 am

talking about worst awakenings, i would like to propose huroks and kongs
if this is an announcement of the awakenings to come... well... "thanks, but no thanks" (again)

norble
Baron
Baron

Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:28 pm

rhaaalovely wrote:
talking about worst awakenings, i would like to propose huroks and kongs
if this is an announcement of the awakenings to come... well... "thanks, but no thanks" (again)

I agree. I was excited to see both of them getting an awakening. Then I saw their abilities. What a letdown.

radiovillain
Squire
Squire

Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:13 pm

Cyana

bigmidgeman
Squire
Squire

Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:40 pm

I'm a little disappointed in Hurok, and why doesn't Orkon have the demon horn symbol, are those not considered demon horns?