smaikelzas
Squire
Squire

Pay to win?

Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:03 pm

Hello, I was wondering for quite some time, is it possible to PROPERLY play this game without paying? Is it possible to get the 'best' heroes and reach level 90, get items legit? Or is it really hard or maybe even impossible to progress after some time being free to play?

All help appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

SmileX
Knight
Knight

Re: Pay to win?

Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:12 pm

This game is 100% free to play, but if you put money into the game you can get things faster, sometimes a lot faster.

Heroes that are game changing like: Goram, Sylphi, Orkon and Vulko are very hard to get without spending money, unless you are very lucky and get them from the Crucible of Fire chests (I was able to get Sylphi there) or to summon them from the Diamond Chests. All this heroes will be in the shops eventually, but it may take a couple of months until that happen.

About leveling up, it is possible to reach level 100 without spending any money, just takes you a few more months.

So, this game is free to play, but you will have a big advantage if you pay sometimes, because the best heroes will be available much faster to the players who pay for them.
If you like my posts add me:
992a6f27
Click: Avatar -> Invite Friends -> Invitation Codes -> Enter Code

smaikelzas
Squire
Squire

Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:49 pm

Lol i got sylphi from cof too along with zem but today my cof was bad, got a lvl 53 team (im lvl 44), im thinking of buying ezio tho

SHFerret
Squire
Squire

Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:11 pm

I wrote a very positive review for this game awhile back, despite it being a little bit pay 2 win. The gameplay was fun and it was reasonably easy to compete with others even though there was a couple "pay only" heroes that were out of line (like Ezio). It's gotten much worse now, and after supporting the game for a year with monthly packages (and a few bonus deals) I am reconsidering my original position. You will not compete with the handful of heroes that are nearly impossible to get without paying tons of cash and that pool of heroes has gotten a lot bigger. They have been pimping the most overpowered hero in the game for cash very hard lately and it's starting to look like just like most other P2W games which simply don't allow you to compete without pouring money into the game.

Nady
Baron
Baron

Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:18 pm

Im lvl 89 free player, few weeks and 90. Got Sylphi too from Cof. I only use free heroes at my roster (some of them event heroes from chests). I think its fine. Im able to beat at 89-94 (~43k overall rating max) arena teams, but most depends on luck. Can stand around 60 rank at end of the day. So everyone can play this without money. Also Im sitting atm on 8 shuriken around so items are farmable.

HunterXHunter
Viscount
Viscount

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:55 pm

well as everyone said, it's play-able but you can't exactly compete against the spenders fairly, that will put you out of top 50 mostly if your complete F2P
[YOU AND I WILL DEFEAT THIS BUG TOGETHER.....]

http://bit.ly/1ZTctlk

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:05 pm

Nope.

Spend a little and you'll be able to compete a bit.

Grocoloco
Baron
Baron

Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:37 pm

Depends how busy your server is and how quick you joined it, I'm able to secure rank 3 epic arena everyday on one of the newer servers (lvl 81) and always top 10 in HoL/raids, only by buying the monthly diamond card and joining day 1. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to keep up without the $3/month and if my server was merged my rank would be lower.
My answer to your question would be yes, but only if you don't mind being on the lower ranks and taking much longer than everyone else.

Nady
Baron
Baron

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:30 am

Update to my answer. Nothing change still in my game (level heroes same as before). My team was able to reach rank 18 and got some succes on defend. The fun part is, my team overall ranking is 38k, but was able to defeat 48~50k rating teams. It is on Server 223 so not a new one. Reaching that rank yesterday was more than enough reflect to me why I should never pay for a game. Dont wanna be the number 1, but a lot of p2w with better teams standing behind me.

Willy69
Squire
Squire

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:12 pm

Nady wrote:
Update to my answer. Nothing change still in my game (level heroes same as before). My team was able to reach rank 18 and got some succes on defend. The fun part is, my team overall ranking is 38k, but was able to defeat 48~50k rating teams. It is on Server 223 so not a new one. Reaching that rank yesterday was more than enough reflect to me why I should never pay for a game. Dont wanna be the number 1, but a lot of p2w with better teams standing behind me.

38k defeat 50k????? How???? Can you tell us your level and team? Thank you