Taegus
Baron
Baron

The old hero ballancing praise

Fri May 12, 2017 7:54 am

Hello.

Its to early to tell how the old hero balancing will impact the game and the meta, but I think I should still say something about it. In the last time I was mainly negative in my comments towards the developers and the game and I feel I may have sent a wrong picture to the world.

First of all I do like the game. A lot actually. Its perfect for me as it requires little time and even with the lack of content is entertaining. I did spent some money on it (VIP 12) and do not feel it wasted so all good there.

While I do have my fair share of criticism towards the game and especially later events like the "Radiant Wings" skin I also do recognize endevours in the right dirrection. All my criticism is simply aimed at improving the game the way I see it could improve. Its personal view and I never claimed its the correct one universaly. Its correct in my eyes and I wan't it expressed here so maybe I can contribute even a bit at getting the game better. If not I at least did what I could and that is voice my opinion.

Now to the pleasant part. I want to congrats the devs on rebalancing old heroes. They did not just get an awakening, but they also rebalanced some of the stats and old abbilities. This should actually make some of them viable again (time will tell). Shirley for sure looks good now on paper. So good job here devs. Please do more actions in such dirrections instead of more p2w content. I will applaud you for every such good move for sure.

Thumbs up.

HunterXHunter
Viscount
Viscount

Re: The old hero ballancing praise

Fri May 12, 2017 9:32 am

i am interested to see what becomes of Shirley.
[YOU AND I WILL DEFEAT THIS BUG TOGETHER.....]

http://bit.ly/1ZTctlk

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Fri May 12, 2017 10:08 am

HunterXHunter wrote:
i am interested to see what becomes of Shirley.

IMO she is the best magic tank. by far. I am just curious to see how she does against physical heroes.

5t1tchpu773r
Squire
Squire

Sat May 13, 2017 4:31 pm

The Radiant Wings thing got me to finally register, and voice my opinion. Im VIP 14, and love the game, and only occasionally have buyer's remorse. i HATE p2w stuff. This new balancing thing though, DOES need praise. It is the right direction to move in. This is what we have wanted for a LONG time, and now they are finally responding... though with some dubious choices. .... i can't wait to awaken Shirley now. I REALLY REALLY hope this becomes the trend, not p2w behind paywall stuff. Skins with abilities are neat, but at costs not for casual players ruins the experience. SO many hunters, and new players will already feel so far behind, but reworking older characters and making them viable again is exciting. LILITH.... STOP the p2w stuff, and concentrate here. THIS is a serious step in the right direction. Other games.... we ask the same thing for years... nothing. To see a company listening, and actually changing things is awesome. i'm not spending on cheap grabs, i'm spending on gems to make old heros new again.

DeusEx
Viscount
Viscount

Sun May 14, 2017 12:00 am

Don't know why the praising, having a good idea and actually perform it well are too really different things. They sucked at doing something remotely nice for those heroes (taking into account only the patch notes), those buffs are laughable.
Right direction? Well, if going nowhere is right, then yes.
Making stupid players happy with some shitty patches is what Lilith wants and it is winning. Almost noone has high expectations anymore of the game, so crappy "improvements" are considered God-sent.

HunterXHunter
Viscount
Viscount

Sun May 14, 2017 3:50 am

DeusEx wrote:
Don't know why the praising, having a good idea and actually perform it well are too really different things. They sucked at doing something remotely nice for those heroes (taking into account only the patch notes), those buffs are laughable.
Making stupid players happy with some shitty patches is what Lilith wants and it is winning. Almost noone has high expectations anymore of the game, so crappy "improvements" are considered God-sent.

It's bcs Taegus was calling out to Lilith about the Bad skin and someone (i think it was Xray Slasher) convinced her that she was focusing to much on the bad side only,

Taegus
Baron
Baron

Sun May 14, 2017 8:13 am

DeusEx wrote:

Because constructive criticism goes two ways. If you check my posts you will see I am mainly critical of what Lilith is doing and mostly negatively look upon their decisions and game direction. But if they do something right I am not afraid to congratulate on it. You may put the rebalancing any way you like it, its still a step in the right direction and warrants a praise. Could it be more radical and done better? Ofc it could, but that does not mean its not a good move.

I see a lot of negative people in politics. There are a special kind of people that can't do anything else but flame everyone for anything. Can't praise a single correct move...ever. Those people always fail to do anything when they are given the opportunity to do something themselves, because all they are capable of is flamming.

Anyway if you always criticize every move Lilith makes (even the good ones) how the hell are they supposed to know then what players approve and what not. If I was as their place and got flamed no matter what I do I would eventually get put off and stop even trying. Every sane persons likes to be congratulated on a job well done.

HunterXHunter
Viscount
Viscount

Sun May 14, 2017 10:56 am

it's all nice & good but They don't even read this forum, Hengli just forwards them a few thing and even he only remains active when there is an update.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Sun May 14, 2017 11:44 am

DeusEx wrote:

I think many people are obsessed with the "omg new heroes are so powerful and old heroes suck so much" trend, that they feel to realize that some old heroes are actually pretty good. Selene is a good example, I always cringe when I hear worst f saying "she cannot be used at a competitive level", and then I kill Goram + Malrath in 5 seconds with her + pop and sera, and she is #1 damage without even using 1 ult.

You say 50% buff on Shirley's aura is bad? Did you know that she *was* the best magic tank? This is a great buff for her. Add to that:
1) The stats from her signature item
2) The stats from forge
3) The awakening skill

And she will be the best magic tank by far... And her physical mitigation while not impressive is definitely a lot better than Vincent's. And do not dismiss her damage either...

Now, Baltor like it or not, his skills did do a good amount of single target damage. And now they deal the same amount of damage except AOE?? This is a very good buff, no other way to look at it.

Lucius buff does seem to suck... The armor is nice but, he can't do anything else so probably a wasted slot.

Wraxius was another good buff. This hero was already being used at high level in some teams.

Magdor seems ok. He is a really good physical tank, but he lacks magic mitigation.

Hanzo I have no idea. 30% sounds a lot on paper, if it was good to begin with... But I'm afraid he was so underpowered that this will not help. We need testing to tell, but I fear that he will still suck.

Taegus
Baron
Baron

Sun May 14, 2017 5:43 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
DeusEx wrote:

I think many people are obsessed with the "omg new heroes are so powerful and old heroes suck so much" trend, that they feel to realize that some old heroes are actually pretty good. Selene is a good example, I always cringe when I hear worst f saying "she cannot be used at a competitive level", and then I kill Goram + Malrath in 5 seconds with her + pop and sera, and she is #1 damage without even using 1 ult.

You say 50% buff on Shirley's aura is bad? Did you know that she *was* the best magic tank? This is a great buff for her. Add to that:
1) The stats from her signature item
2) The stats from forge
3) The awakening skill

And she will be the best magic tank by far... And her physical mitigation while not impressive is definitely a lot better than Vincent's. And do not dismiss her damage either...

Now, Baltor like it or not, his skills did do a good amount of single target damage. And now they deal the same amount of damage except AOE?? This is a very good buff, no other way to look at it.

Lucius buff does seem to suck... The armor is nice but, he can't do anything else so probably a wasted slot.

Wraxius was another good buff. This hero was already being used at high level in some teams.

Magdor seems ok. He is a really good physical tank, but he lacks magic mitigation.

Hanzo I have no idea. 30% sounds a lot on paper, if it was good to begin with... But I'm afraid he was so underpowered that this will not help. We need testing to tell, but I fear that he will still suck.

I am waiting for Shirley. I think she could be really good now. For Balthor I would not bet that he will be any better or at least more competitive. We will see. As for Magdor, I saw him on Worst F Gamer in the Cruicible I think. Damn when in Dragon form, he is hard to kill now. He soloed 3 heroes, crappy one true, but still.