Xman
Squire
Squire

Re: Vernos needs some dev help

Wed May 03, 2017 8:06 pm

well that's compatible with what i'm saying. Some have said they'd like to make Vernos relevant. It's clear there isn't a way to do that without making his stones more readily accessible beyond the traveling treant.

Archer4848
Knight
Knight

Thu May 04, 2017 1:48 am

Even if his stones were more available, the point is that he isn't good. People would pay the price if it was worth it. The guy who runs the SH Reddit said there are reworks of old heroes on the docket for future updates but I didn't see dev confirmation. If they update him to competitive status people will work for his stones. If not, he could be handed out and it wouldn't matter.

Xman
Squire
Squire

Thu May 04, 2017 1:54 am

Archer4848 wrote:
Even if his stones were more available, the point is that he isn't good. People would pay the price if it was worth it. The guy who runs the SH Reddit said there are reworks of old heroes on the docket for future updates but I didn't see dev confirmation. If they update him to competitive status people will work for his stones. If not, he could be handed out and it wouldn't matter.

It's impossible to say because no-one has him more than 3*. Maybe he's great at 5*+ who knows? why shouldn't his stones be as easy as any other hero to get?

Archer4848
Knight
Knight

Thu May 04, 2017 2:28 am

People got him to 5 stars and more. Just because no one on your server doesn't mean no one did. That's a silly perspective. He's been around for a long time. There were people with a boat load of excess stones when he was released and had nothing else to spend them on. The consensus from players who have played for years is that he isn't great regardless. You're welcome to obsess over an obsolete hero if you'd like.

Xman
Squire
Squire

Thu May 04, 2017 2:37 am

Archer4848 wrote:
People got him to 5 stars and more. Just because no one on your server doesn't mean no one did. That's a silly perspective. He's been around for a long time. There were people with a boat load of excess stones when he was released and had nothing else to spend them on. The consensus from players who have played for years is that he isn't great regardless. You're welcome to obsess over an obsolete hero if you'd like.

Nobody has him on my server at all. nada. My request is simple to make his stones readily available. Shouldn't even be a debate.... use him or not, but it's silly to have him so difficult to obtain. Even more so because he's useless.

DeusEx
Viscount
Viscount

Thu May 04, 2017 2:38 am

MANY people have him at 7*... he can be good in epic in certain formations, but as the game is turning into "kill everyone in first 30 seconds" and because he is squishy, he is not used anymore in general. An awakening might make him usable again.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Thu May 04, 2017 1:23 pm

I have him at 7* and I'm on a newish server. I have no shortage of SS for the academy either. I have never used him though.

TreeSap
Baron
Baron

Thu May 04, 2017 8:56 pm

DeusEx wrote:
MANY people have him at 7*... he can be good in epic in certain formations, but as the game is turning into "kill everyone in first 30 seconds" and because he is squishy, he is not used anymore in general. An awakening might make him usable again.

Sad that the tree dude is squishy. I don't have him yet so I couldn't comment on what awakening might help balance him, but if he's squishy, that might be something to fix. Maybe something along the lines of some physical damage reflection or a chance to intercept the healing abilities of an enemy or something like that would help his longevity. Maybe even ignoring damage below a certain threshold, including damage over time might help him be a niche defender, especially if he can ignore many summons, Sylphi ghosts and Ezio ultimates, etc. Yet still be afraid of single target killers or high-damage AOE. I dunno, just ideas.

DeusEx
Viscount
Viscount

Thu May 04, 2017 9:55 pm

His ultimate is enough for him to survive longer... the problem is that he gets it on time.

Axilus
Knight
Knight

Fri May 05, 2017 2:23 am

One of these days my Vernos will be 7 stars. Then I'll burn up my extra soulstones in the furnace. I think he is one of the coolest looking characters on this game. I'm halfway to 5* and looking forward to maxing him out.
Server 154 Elven Cleric
Guild: Timber Wolves
Guild ID: 30373