FoxHound
Knight
Knight

Re: Tower of Valor [Discussion]

Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:07 am

This even... well, all the new stuff is good; but as others, I have to agreed that the event is way too long for time we complete the whole tower. For me was like less than an hour; with both accounds.

HunterXHunter
Viscount
Viscount

Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:32 am

Vaeyl wrote:
Question - I am under level 85 (63 as of this message). I definitely can hold on to the sweet O+1 and O+2 items from Tower of Valor, but what happens to the village supplies? Are they lost, or will they magically appear after I unlock Village?

yes they should magically appear as resources when you open the village. however it is a possible that it may not, since Lilith's System is buggy, i such things happen then it will be reported by this week to Lilith, hey will fix it for the next or maybe even this event, so it's not much of a problem.
[YOU AND I WILL DEFEAT THIS BUG TOGETHER.....]

http://bit.ly/1ZTctlk

monstermike
Squire
Squire

Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:42 am

Vaeyl wrote:
Question - I am under level 85 (63 as of this message). I definitely can hold on to the sweet O+1 and O+2 items from Tower of Valor, but what happens to the village supplies? Are they lost, or will they magically appear after I unlock Village?

They are stored on Lillith's end, and once you hit level 85 and unlock Heroic Village, those items awarded will be there.

I messaged customer service regarding this, as I myself am only level 72, and was wondering the same thing. I've attached the screenshot they sent me for the crystals, (they sent the same screens for iron and wood), as well as the conversation itself.

HunterXHunter
Viscount
Viscount

Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:17 am

FoxHound wrote:
This even... well, all the new stuff is good; but as others, I have to agreed that the event is way too long for time we complete the whole tower. For me was like less than an hour; with both accounds.

this is the total stuff we got, now let's divide this by 14 and see what we get per day.

8 white items = 0.5 white item
12000 wood = 857 Wood
12000 Iron = 857 Iron
5000 Crystal = 357 Crystal
600000 Gold Coins = 42857 Gold coins
35 SS = 2.5 SS
170 Blue item pieces. = 12
80 Purple item pieces = 5.7
400 chapter 14 Gold item pieces = 28.5
480 chapter 15 Gold item pieces = 34.2
160 chapter 16 Gold item pieces = 11.4

and so it would seem that the awards per day are barely good, while if you get them together in one go it makes you ton of happy but when you look at it like this, it becomes a bit more clear.

Anyway i prefer that the event is not Daily, however as most players are already suggesting that it would be better if the event ran 1 week long.

also this was a nice touch to reduce the daily grinding, I Heavily suggest that CoF should be reduced to once per week as well, of course it's rewards will need to be enhanced for that. i am getting really tired of completing CoF every day.

ShragleDA
Squire
Squire

Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:44 am

So I beat the tower

And now what happens

Like is there a reset on it..

Do you have to wait 2 weeks to play again?

HunterXHunter
Viscount
Viscount

Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:55 am

ShragleDA wrote:
So I beat the tower

And now what happens

Like is there a reset on it..

Do you have to wait 2 weeks to play again?

just reading this Discussion Thread should answer this, but guess i will just repeat.

1.there is no refresh button the tower should auto refresh after two weeks.
2. however we have no official confirmation, meaning that they can possibly take some middle break as well, forcing the event to occur 1 per month or something...

though that would be ultra cruel :cry:

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:53 am

Oberfukse wrote:
Zentor wrote:
Oberfukse wrote:
From the screen in official announcement you can see they ask sacrifice hero from your party, so 99% sure it needs to be hero who was in the party while winning the fight

You'll most likely be able to 4v5 the first many teams, so just throw in an unused hero.

Pretty sure you won't be able to do it from the 19th floor, as in win 4v5....so still 18 more floors you will need to pass and discard good hero

I had to use all 5 strong heroes in about 2-3 fights max. It was very easy, but this is arguably the best event they've ever done. I've been waiting for good rewards ever since the release of all the must-have heroes.

Blackhanders
Knight
Knight

Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:16 pm

Something to keep in mind is that the opponents you faced are different than the ones someone else faced. The difference is due to our different lvls, as well as rng. So if you had what felt like easy matches in most (if not all) floors, that does not mean that someone else had the same experience. They could have been challenged. And you might have a different experience in the next installment of the tower. This is even without lilith deciding to change the rules.

Speaking of rules, i think that there was some confusion about "dead" heroes and being able to reuse them in future floors. If lilith changes how future towers do it, maybe they can specify it in the rules?

Regarding changing the frequency to make it less of a grindfest (and i am also applying this to hunter's comment about CoF), I am confused. This event was intended to add a new game feature. Yes, it has rewards to make it worth playing, but they are not its purpose. If you are hoping for more, or better rewards, then you might have missed the point.

And I like a daily CoF. The opponents i face are not always at the same difficulty lvl. Some days i blaze right thru it, while other days are more challenging. The current way prevents me from growing complacent. I am on a challenging server where most days there is a lot of activity on the LB. If I don't constantly upgrade and improve, I will fall behind. This is seen in many aspects of the game (Both arenas, Ch bosses, CoF, mining and plundering, HoL - what I did last week will no longer get me the same rank this week).

Moving on to the rewards themselves, I thought Lilith was more than generous. Everything that i got will be useful (i hope to have that final floor "King of the Tower" thing explained at some point.) And while I personally don't care too much about the floor 18 frame, others do. Ok, I am L95 and have an ongoing use for the village supplies (wood, iron and crystals). Even the white items i can melt down or use instead of dust for enchanting.

Now for enhancements to the tower - other games i have played offer similar events, but with a twist. A timer. Once floor 1 is started, have something record how long in real-time it takes to complete the tower and give recognition to the fastest players. If that includes prizes, great. But if it is just a LB posting, that's ok too. But if the tower has ambiguous rules, then some players will complain (so before you start something like this, please get all the bugs out 1st)

cnlew
Knight
Knight

Fri May 05, 2017 2:01 am

I wish to report a "Bug". i say bug cause the rules don't touch this. if any hero dies in the fight but you still win and don't sacrifice them they wont have any health the next time they are used but logging out seems to fix this i think.

LoneWolf
Baron
Baron

Mon May 08, 2017 4:14 am

I have a question about this tower. So I have played it and completed all 36 levels. What use though are the actual prizes, what can we do with them? I was expecting diamonds or soul stones or something. We got all these items but how do we actually use them? Another thing I thought was we can go to the trader and exchange them. Nope. So... what gives?
Never Bite The Hand That Feeds You
Current Primary Deck: Nilya, Sylphi, Kong, Malrath, Goram
Current Secondary Deck: Firehawk, Jasmine, Taurus, Tashi, Valan