KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Re: So this game is now full pay to win

Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:12 pm

Vesperas wrote:
1. A guild or player that doesn't have a Sylphie is LOL in HoL.

Of course Sylphi makes a huge difference in HOL. everyone knows this

Vesperas wrote:
You are completely ignorant if you think getting an extra 2 million in gold alone from extra CoF isn't an advantage lol

Of course doing CoF 2 times per day is a significant advantage. That's why I said you can be competitive by paying *something* (whatever that amount is). But it sure as hell is not proportional to how much you spend. If you spend 2000$ every month to 7* every new CS that comes out you're not going to be much more competitive than that guy who stopped spending when he hit VIP 12. You will not be 50 times more competitive than him, that is for sure (the amount you have paid more than him).

kojixahi
Knight
Knight

Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:23 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
Of course doing CoF 2 times per day is a significant advantage. That's why I said you can be competitive by paying *something* (whatever that amount is). But it sure as hell is not proportional to how much you spend. If you spend 2000$ every month to 7* every new CS that comes out you're not going to be much more competitive than that guy who stopped spending when he hit VIP 12. You will not be 50 times more competitive than him, that is for sure (the amount you have paid more than him).

You would have been right a few months ago but you are dead wrong now because they are no longer following the same formula.

The pay to win factor was limited in two major directions:
1. The prices were increasing exponentially - stamina, vendors refreshes, etc.
2. There where hard limits to progress regardless of how much one spent. Beside one CS hero per month (which used to be on par, sometimes worse than the monthly login one) for everything else you needed to either farm heroics for mediocre heroes (still limited by the cost increase from 1) or get better heroes from stores. This was a hard limit - regardless how much you spent you could not get ahead by throwing money at it. The rewards system was designed to have the same exponential diminishing returns.
3. Very good/arguably best heroes in the game where not behind huge pay-walls for several months. Even $50 for a 3 star hero in a game with this level of content to be considered "cheap" or "reasonable" is laughable.

There are no more stone limits, every other day there is another "spend now to get the op heroes recently added in the game to X stars right now" event, not to mention "don't bother farming for awakening, just pay now" events. The only one that still stands is the team level due to exponential stamina price increase.

If you think you are still "competitive" without spending anymore is because you are already at or close to level cap and awakening delays somewhat the tsunami. Just wait a few more months until the next "buy now" wave of heroes will pop up.

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:24 pm

A big spender on our server maximized Orkon on 1-2 day/s, abilities and items. He has him at 5 star - He has been buying all CS heroes and getting them to 5 stars, while buying the $99 hero deals each time they've come out. He's currently the toughest guy for my guild to beat, including me. Defending against him is currently an impossibility.

frankyboy
Knight
Knight

Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:52 am

I think we can close this topic now. It is not wroth to argue anymore. What we need to do is just accept the fact that the people who pays lots of $ for this game should get a big advantage, which is fair. As the developer, Lilith need increase their profit. I can't see any wrong with it neither. What I dislike is that some people just keeps denying the truth. Just like Zentor mentioned: some guys are almost impossible to beat because they have spent so much on the game. There is one thing we should not forget: the people who have spent most on the game are also most serious ones. This combination makes even more difficult for the "normal" players. But it is also fair, why should the people who spends most money and time on SH not to be the best?

HunterXHunter
Viscount
Viscount

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:26 am

frankyboy wrote:
I think we can close this topic now. It is not wroth to argue anymore. What we need to do is just accept the fact that the people who pays lots of $ for this game should get a big advantage, which is fair. As the developer, Lilith need increase their profit. I can't see any wrong with it neither. What I dislike is that some people just keeps denying the truth. Just like Zentor mentioned: some guys are almost impossible to beat because they have spent so much on the game. There is one thing we should not forget: the people who have spent most on the game are also most serious ones. This combination makes even more difficult for the "normal" players. But it is also fair, why should the people who spends most money and time on SH not to be the best?

Ahem I would rather quit the game than accept this fact and play on, all of my Guild mates would rather quit the game rather than keep spending on Lilith's game. I agree with the impossible to beat fact this happens with me as well, while i agree that people who spend should gain an advantage for that there must be a limit to the advantage and the advantage should make them Hard to defeat not impossible.

IF LILITH RELEASED MORE MUST HAVE HEROES IN CS THAN I AND PROBABLY THE REST OF MY SERVER WILL QUIT THE GAME. AND WHEN THAT HAPPENS I HOPE THE REST OF THE PLAYERS QUIT AS WELL
[YOU AND I WILL DEFEAT THIS BUG TOGETHER.....]

http://bit.ly/1ZTctlk

DeusEx
Viscount
Viscount

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:35 am

Lately with so many super whales in my server, even I have been thinking on quitting xD but well, I am too obstinate to throw away the money I have already spent just for that, so even if I can't maintain my ranking as before, I can take it back at least at closure time, and still reigning HoL :P ... so, just hope next CS heroes will not be so OP. Orkon is hard to beat from what I have seen these past days, and all these new 6* CS heroes is crazy xD just have to try harder.
But I don't remember any previous month like this one (and maybe February) that they sold TOO many double purchase heroes. It was just crazy, even twice per week. Lilith is going down if it keeps it like that or only maintain by few really big spenders.

Taegus
Baron
Baron

Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:14 am

DeusEx wrote:
Lately with so many super whales in my server, even I have been thinking on quitting xD but well, I am too obstinate to throw away the money I have already spent just for that, so even if I can't maintain my ranking as before, I can take it back at least at closure time, and still reigning HoL :P ... so, just hope next CS heroes will not be so OP. Orkon is hard to beat from what I have seen these past days, and all these new 6* CS heroes is crazy xD just have to try harder.
But I don't remember any previous month like this one (and maybe February) that they sold TOO many double purchase heroes. It was just crazy, even twice per week. Lilith is going down if it keeps it like that or only maintain by few really big spenders.

Agreed. The game has been much fun for me to play. But it is becoming more and more p2w. Its hard to beat people who throw thousand of dolars at the game ( which is retarded but that is not my problem :) ).

I just got atacked yesterday by a guy who is level 66 (I am level 74) and he had 7 star Ezio, 6 star Goram, 5 star Orkon and stuff like that in his team. Later I found out he also has 7 star prince and 6 star Slyphi. Wtf I mean at level 66. Some people really have to much money to spend :)

Anyway if this keeps going on like that I can't see me playing anymore.

frankyboy
Knight
Knight

Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:41 am

I know a guy who has spent $40000 on Dota. What I can say? There is always people who has big wallet and nothing else to do. :roll:

Taegus wrote:
DeusEx wrote:

Agreed. The game has been much fun for me to play. But it is becoming more and more p2w. Its hard to beat people who throw thousand of dolars at the game ( which is retarded but that is not my problem :) ).

I just got atacked yesterday by a guy who is level 66 (I am level 74) and he had 7 star Ezio, 6 star Goram, 5 star Orkon and stuff like that in his team. Later I found out he also has 7 star prince and 6 star Slyphi. Wtf I mean at level 66. Some people really have to much money to spend :)

Anyway if this keeps going on like that I can't see me playing anymore.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:01 am

frankyboy wrote:

But the thing is, from a business perspective I don't think it makes sense for them to continue down that path. They may do it, and earn a quick buck but in the long run they will lose. The proof is that many whales have already quit or are considering to. If there is no competition there is no point in playing. And while one person spending 1000 per month is as profitable as 1000 people spending 1$ it is not as profitable as 50 people spending 50$.

Luen
Squire
Squire

Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:44 am

HunterXHunter wrote:
IF LILITH RELEASED MORE MUST HAVE HEROES IN CS THAN I AND PROBABLY THE REST OF MY SERVER WILL QUIT THE GAME. AND WHEN THAT HAPPENS I HOPE THE REST OF THE PLAYERS QUIT AS WELL

They honestly have been releasing must have heroes in CS the whole time, but very few people were buying. Malrath, Sagar, Avior, etc. were all heroes you needed to use CS or spend $$$ to get, but few bought them so they weren't a threat. Personally I'd take an awakened Malrath over an awakened Goram in the arena, same for Sagar over Sylphi. Lilith and other games like this usually make their money off of powerful new heroes. What business wouldn't be making decisions that they expect to lead to more revenue?