• 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 14
 
Clerked
Knight
Knight
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:17 am

Re: So this game is now full pay to win

Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:40 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
HunterXHunter wrote:
What i believe for P2W is that when comparing two players who spend the equal amount of time on the game and does equal amount of research and work equally hard the one who pays is at a significant advantage, the higher the advantage the higher the P2W aspect, as for this game right now i would have to agree that no having Sylphi drops your HOL dmg at a significant 50% and not having Ling Ling further decrease it significantly. while the same can be said for Goram the difference is not very high however it's still very High in Rota and Raid 15+ bosses while Goram users does 25% more damage.

But if both players are vip the one who pays more has very little advantage. It most surely is noylt proportional to how much you spend. If you use your resources smartly you can spend 200 bucks and be as effective as someone who spent 10.000


My man i am VIP 9 and i get top 10 arena everyday. You dont NEED to spend to get there
[SL]Clerked-

Proud Elder of Souls Legacy. Top Guild on Server 66.
 
User avatar
DeusEx
Viscount
Viscount
Posts: 833
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:24 am

Re: So this game is now full pay to win

Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:10 pm

I think people just misunderstand. If you are VIP you have already spent money to be competitive. VIP users just can't go around saying that phrase because you already spent to be there.
You may say, I could have spent much less and still have the same results. Yes, but you would have spent. And being non-VIP to reach Lv100 how much time does it take? At least a year maybe. I myself am too competitive to be waiting to reach max level to be able to compete decent. And it is a fact than non-VIPs are a a clear disadvantage when leveling up, there is no denying that, if you say otherwise you are seeing pink elephants.
And yes, now that you people are Lv100 one can be more objective about what one could have done differently to have same results, but the truth is differently. You are already one of those you talk a lot. You may not spend any more than a monthly ticket perhaps, but you have spent and taken advantage of the 3rd mine for example, extra resets and the little things that make the difference. So nope, one cannot take your opinions seriously. The only thing could say is the little fishes can compete with big whales, yes, but both have spent money already. VIP5 vs VIP15 users, one can beat the other, yes... Roger that. Non-VIPs can beat VIP12+, yes... but just in certain thresholds of level, not always, unless the VIP is stupid.
 
User avatar
HunterXHunter
Viscount
Viscount
Posts: 939
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:08 am

Re: So this game is now full pay to win

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:29 pm

Apparently my friends Whales agree that the game is becoming P2W look closely Lilith this is is your income source talking to each other.

Odin my man 2.jpg

Odin my man.jpg

Odin my man 3.jpg

Odin my man 4.jpg

Odin my man 5.jpg


The results are obvious at this rate they will quit bcs of shear boringness in the game.
[YOU AND I WILL DEFEAT THIS BUG TOGETHER.....]

http://bit.ly/1ZTctlk
 
User avatar
mmmmmmmmmmmm
Baron
Baron
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:37 am

Re: So this game is now full pay to win

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:21 am

its getting there but its not there yet.maybe this time next year the whole game would have imploded on itself. all depends on your server and of course the player themselves.
 
User avatar
Zi0iP
Baron
Baron
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 7:41 am

Re: So this game is now full pay to win

Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:25 am

HunterXHunter wrote:
Apparently my friends Whales agree that the game is becoming P2W look closely Lilith this is is your income source talking to each other.

The results are obvious at this rate they will quit bcs of shear boringness in the game.


Exactly the same result in my guild and server. Many VIP players quit/quit spending because of the game became P2W. After Sylphi's and Goram's release, they got pissed off. They are losing the top spenders due to these releases!
 
User avatar
Mirage
Knight
Knight
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:20 pm

Re: So this game is now full pay to win

Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:06 pm

Zi0iP wrote:
HunterXHunter wrote:
Apparently my friends Whales agree that the game is becoming P2W look closely Lilith this is is your income source talking to each other.

The results are obvious at this rate they will quit bcs of shear boringness in the game.


Exactly the same result in my guild and server. Many VIP players quit/quit spending because of the game became P2W. After Sylphi's and Goram's release, they got pissed off. They are losing the top spenders due to these releases!



I have seen Dot Arena store where you can buy heroes with a fixed amount of money. Maybe it can persuade Whales to come back again.
Btw, why big spenders are called Whales? Just curious.
 
User avatar
TreeSap
Baron
Baron
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:32 pm

Re: So this game is now full pay to win

Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:37 am

I think the term originated from poker players. Little victims are fish, poker sharks eat the fish, whales are large stakes gamblers. Because mobile games are often competitive and involve some kind of gambling, I guess the industry adopted the term. Whales in free-to-play games sometimes represent unimaginably large amounts of a game's revenue. Revenue disparity can be a sign of inhumane design, though, as some designs can be a psychological trap for those who are vulnerable to gambling-like addiction. I don't mind whales subsidizing my cheap self as a player since it is their choice, but certainly don't want it to be as a result of a financially harmful addiction that someone else has. I don't have Lilith's numbers, but have some education in game design and I don't think Lilith is quite into the territory of inhumane design yet with Soul Hunters, although the data could contradict me. So far I've never been vulnerable to a harmful financial habit akin to gambling addiction, aside from maybe getting my wife anything she asks for if I can afford it :>
 
User avatar
Mirage
Knight
Knight
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:20 pm

Re: So this game is now full pay to win

Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:12 am

TreeSap wrote:
I think the term originated from poker players. Little victims are fish, poker sharks eat the fish, whales are large stakes gamblers. Because mobile games are often competitive and involve some kind of gambling, I guess the industry adopted the term. Whales in free-to-play games sometimes represent unimaginably large amounts of a game's revenue. Revenue disparity can be a sign of inhumane design, though, as some designs can be a psychological trap for those who are vulnerable to gambling-like addiction. I don't mind whales subsidizing my cheap self as a player since it is their choice, but certainly don't want it to be as a result of a financially harmful addiction that someone else has. I don't have Lilith's numbers, but have some education in game design and I don't think Lilith is quite into the territory of inhumane design yet with Soul Hunters, although the data could contradict me. So far I've never been vulnerable to a harmful financial habit akin to gambling addiction, aside from maybe getting my wife anything she asks for if I can afford it :>

Quite the theory you have there. I originally thought whales are obviously easy to hunt. Thus people who spends a large amount of money are vulnerable to in-game addiction. Your input sounds more realistic though.
 
User avatar
Vesperas
Viscount
Viscount
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Cloud 9 above K2
Contact:

Re: So this game is now full pay to win

Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:06 pm

HunterXHunter wrote:
KemosabeTBC wrote:
HunterXHunter wrote:

The difference is between those that have CS cards [approx 300$+ per month] and those that have not be they F2P or Monthly Diamond Card buyers.

There is very little difference. Dunno why you insist on CS cards. The game has been around over 2 years and there are only 2 CS heroes that are a "must" have. 300 per month is ridiculous. I have spent maybe double that amount EVER and I have been #1 in epic arena every single day for over a year. And there were a few instances where I even used diamonds not so wisely. I could have easily done the same by spending half the amount I did


I seriously believe there are less Whales on your server, look at Worst F's server as an example and you would see the crazy amount they spend, with each server merge my server is becoming like that now we have nearly 10-20 players who have all CS heroes and 3-5 Big whales who are crazy.

And as for my insisting on CS heroes, i believe that no MUST have hero should be CS in fact i believe that there should not even exist a Must have hero in the first. place. but there are further holding them and selling them it would have been less severe if they released them after 2 months, however they keep selling them in DPB. which makes me even more sad.


I'm on the server:

1. A guild or player that doesn't have a Sylphie is LOL in HoL.
2. You can auto battle w/4 hunters, including a 3 star slyphy and steam roll over maxed 7 star teams in hol.
3. I remember getting top 1, 2, 8 or something in Epic on Xmas, and ONE of the mega spender 'bananas' attacked me 5 times until he got lucky, hmmm.__......___...... How can you say it's not p2w guys? When if he hadn't vip, I'd never of been beat that day?
4. Lol at the dude who says he can beat top teams... By using a PAID for prince VS a team with the joke dragon, lol.

Fyi, there are literally spenders in spender guilds on my spender server who asked me if certain spenders are debug mode developer accounts because they can't fantom people spending that much money. I tell them they are obviously tryhard virgins that probably won a lottery or got an inheritance. Me? As of like the day, I defeated EVERYONE on my server from rank 1 to 1000 all time, I'm Vip 8, and started doing monthly after being the 1st non Vip to hit lv91. You are completely ignorant if you think getting an extra 2 million in gold alone from extra CoF isn't an advantage lol
Attempting Friendship Mode, please say "go back to your hole" if I veer off Friendship Mode and I'll delete non Friendship posts. Together we can be Friends! (Unless you are a traitor)
Hunter of Traitors, Ex Legendary non-Vip from Server 18.
 
User avatar
Vesperas
Viscount
Viscount
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Cloud 9 above K2
Contact:

Re: So this game is now full pay to win

Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:07 pm

Clerked wrote:
KemosabeTBC wrote:
HunterXHunter wrote:
What i believe for P2W is that when comparing two players who spend the equal amount of time on the game and does equal amount of research and work equally hard the one who pays is at a significant advantage, the higher the advantage the higher the P2W aspect, as for this game right now i would have to agree that no having Sylphi drops your HOL dmg at a significant 50% and not having Ling Ling further decrease it significantly. while the same can be said for Goram the difference is not very high however it's still very High in Rota and Raid 15+ bosses while Goram users does 25% more damage.

But if both players are vip the one who pays more has very little advantage. It most surely is noylt proportional to how much you spend. If you use your resources smartly you can spend 200 bucks and be as effective as someone who spent 10.000


My man i am VIP 9 and i get top 10 arena everyday. You dont NEED to spend to get there


Literally spends. Gg d.a.
Attempting Friendship Mode, please say "go back to your hole" if I veer off Friendship Mode and I'll delete non Friendship posts. Together we can be Friends! (Unless you are a traitor)
Hunter of Traitors, Ex Legendary non-Vip from Server 18.
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 14

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests