kojixahi
Knight
Knight

So this game is now full pay to win

Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:47 pm

With so many OP heroes available ONLY with insane amounts of cash - equivalent of several AAA games for one hero - I'd say is safe to say that there is no point to play this game anymore unless one has a masochistic desire to feed whales egos.

What other similar game where the developers are not in full greed mode would you recommend?

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Re: So this game is now full pay to win

Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:53 pm

On mobile? They are all pay to win. Here only Goram and Sylphi(HoL and Raid) + Ezio(Arena) are pay2win. Others are pretty easy to counter and you can access to them easily.

Don't you like your server? Start on a fresh new one where there are fewer spenders ;)

kojixahi
Knight
Knight

Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:25 pm

They are not "easy to counter" while leveling and new ones that need new counters are released every other week. So unless there is a large base of leveled/geared heroes already available to pick counters from that's a false statement.

Is a subtle difference between "pay to win" and "pay to steamroll". Re-rolling on a game that takes months of painful grinding to even unlock half the grinding options? Sure, great idea.

Speaking of grinding, I wander if any bots are available for this game, could make it bearable until the "easy to counter" phase is reached ;)

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:22 pm

kojixahi wrote:
They are not "easy to counter" while leveling and new ones that need new counters are released every other week. So unless there is a large base of leveled/geared heroes already available to pick counters from that's a false statement.

Which ones are not easy to counter specifically?

Clerked
Knight
Knight

Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:17 pm

I disagree with this. I purchase only the monthly card and im able to sustain top 10 against sylphi goram and all that other nonsense.

Alot of it comes down to general knowlege of the game and knowing what heros to use to potentially counter sylphi, goram, ezio, etc.

Malrath is a good hero to have.
Same with driller and Nylia. Al are great counters to heros that you have to spend money on. If you dont believe me i can provide you picture proof i dont spend AND able to hold down the top 10.
[SL]Clerked-

Proud Elder of Souls Legacy. Top Guild on Server 66.

DeusEx
Viscount
Viscount

Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:36 pm

You say hold, that means that if you are not around 12 P.M. you can still be Top10 even if people attack you? I think there is not one person who can sustain Top10 who doesn't spend a big load of money, thus having CS heroes.
If you refer that you are online near 12, and you can easily take a Top10 rank, that I do believe, it is not hard to do. There are Vip0 players in my server who are Top10 at closure time in a sea of CS heroes, then get dropped low.
I can hold Top10 but I have those heroes (at least Sylphi/Goram), biggest whale can hold Top1 even if he doesn't appear for days.

Clerked
Knight
Knight

Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:40 pm

Im online at the end of arena yes, but even after that and before that i sustain between rank 4-15 very rarely fall below that point. Before AND after arena reset.

Hero is a photo to prove my point:
[SL]Clerked-

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:08 pm

DeusEx wrote:
You say hold, that means that if you are not around 12 P.M. you can still be Top10 even if people attack you? I think there is not one person who can sustain Top10 who doesn't spend a big load of money, thus having CS heroes.
If you refer that you are online near 12, and you can easily take a Top10 rank, that I do believe, it is not hard to do. There are Vip0 players in my server who are Top10 at closure time in a sea of CS heroes, then get dropped low.
I can hold Top10 but I have those heroes (at least Sylphi/Goram), biggest whale can hold Top1 even if he doesn't appear for days.

You definitely don't need CS heroes to hold top 10. In fact only just a few of the most recent CS heroes were good enough to use at 3* (sylphi/goram) in arena. All other heroes before that were not competitive against old 7* heroes.

Contrary to "popular belief", you need to spend very little to be able to be #1. You need a minimum amount of diamonds to reset 6x a day while levelling to up, and that's pretty much about it.

Clerked
Knight
Knight

Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:13 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
DeusEx wrote:

You definitely don't need CS heroes to hold top 10. In fact only just a few of the most recent CS heroes were good enough to use at 3* (sylphi/goram) in arena. All other heroes before that were not competitive against old 7* heroes.

Contrary to "popular belief", you need to spend very little to be able to be #1. You need a minimum amount of diamonds to reset 6x a day while levelling to up, and that's pretty much about it.

You took the words right out of my thumbs
[SL]Clerked-

DeusEx
Viscount
Viscount

Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:27 pm

With CS heroes I only meant since Sylphi. The previous was were not that great (only Malrath, which is already available).
And yes, you do need them in the instances I said. Be offline all day until night (server time) and see if you without those heroes can maintain Top10. Impossible in a competitive server. The only way possible I think you won't be deranked is if the others go around you for a better place (I have seen it a lot, because I was pretty much the target of everyone for #2 spot, and all Top9 didn't care for any other place but 2nd. Below 10 attack usually those who they are confident in beating. If you are 3rd for example and you have CS heroes (in a good team obviously) 4th have not, they will go after 4th.
Only way to be Top10 at closure time without those heroes is to be around 12. There is no denying that. For me to be truely competitive is to be Top10 at all times, then there is the temporary competitive ones that are Top10 at closure time and then they get deranked to 20-50s right after. One can't be the first one without those heroes, with the 2nd one is only possible with normal heroes if you are at before 12 to keep fighting your way up or if the server is somehow not active enough at that time.
Last edited by DeusEx on Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.