HunterXHunter
Viscount
Viscount

New CS Hero: Orkon [Discussion]

Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:41 pm

This is a discussion Topic for the hero Orkon.

Description: Orkon, the Soul Eater is a Front Line DPS: he not only preys upon enemies with his sharp claws, but infects them with a parasite that can control their movements.

For more information keep visiting: https://www.reddit.com/r/SoulHuntersGam ... 017_orkon/

My personal opinion - He looks good on paper, somewhere between Extremely Good and Pure OP.

WARNING FOR VIP 5-11 - even if the hero turns out to be Pure OP remember that the conjuring stone is a RIP-OFF and on top of that right now it's Soul Stones and Card drop rates are at all time low, if you want to get him badly and you are prepared to spend on him expect no less than 14400 of your Diamond to be spend on Conjuring Stones.
[YOU AND I WILL DEFEAT THIS BUG TOGETHER.....]

http://bit.ly/1ZTctlk

jigesi
Squire
Squire

Re: New CS Hero: Orkon [Discussion]

Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:14 pm

The drop rate is really fucking low, sending more than 20000 diamonds just to get one card. What a greedy developer!!!

Cherrybomb
Knight
Knight

Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:05 pm

Drop rate low? WTF you talking about! I spent more than 31k diamonds and did not get a single f'n card. I repeat...0, nada, zilch. Had to use jades to get him. It's beyond low, it's freakin robbery.

frankyboy
Knight
Knight

Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:22 pm

It does not surprise me regarding the low drop rate. That is why many VIPs have left this game lately. Anyway, Lilith don't care about it.

DeusEx
Viscount
Viscount

Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:41 pm

Luck is a part of CS, but since Desmond it has been crazy low the drop rate. For some reason it seems to get better when the week ends and the hero reappears in CS. I didn't get Desmond when he premièred, but when he reappeared I just do one single pull and got him.

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:28 pm

HunterXHunter wrote:
My personal opinion - He looks good on paper, somewhere between Extremely Good and Pure OP.

He seems good on paper, especially to counter Malrath, but:
- we need to know his final stats to compare him fairly
- his kit has randomness
- oriented to Late-fight ==> he may be somehow out of O+1 meta and "niche" at O+2, unless his stats make him a viable tank for Early-fight

HunterXHunter
Viscount
Viscount

Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:58 pm

Zi0iP wrote:
HunterXHunter wrote:

- his kit has randomness
- oriented to Late-fight ==> he may be somehow out of O+1 meta and "niche" at O+2, unless his stats make him a viable tank for Early-fight

ahm let's wait to see how good he is. people thought Desmond was weak the whales who bought him are now at a serious advantage in Arena. people thought POP was good those who upgraded him are still looking for a good way to use him. what i am trying to say is initial opinions are often wrong. yours and mines as well. :)

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:53 pm

HunterXHunter wrote:
Zi0iP wrote:
HunterXHunter wrote:

- his kit has randomness

ahm let's wait to see how good he is. people thought Desmond was weak the whales who bought him are now at a serious advantage in Arena. people thought POP was good those who upgraded him are still looking for a good way to use him. what i am trying to say is initial opinions are often wrong. yours and mines as well. :)

Every time I have faced Desmond my Tanya killed him before he even dealt 10k damage. And I have good ideas in mind for PoP, although I haven't used him yet :)

HunterXHunter
Viscount
Viscount

Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:04 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
Every time I have faced Desmond my Tanya killed him before he even dealt 10k damage. And I have good ideas in mind for PoP, although I haven't used him yet

Unfortunately i don't have Tanya, she is one of the least used heroes in my server. still one extra problem with him is that he is just strong enough that Taurus generally charges his ultimate instead of killing him :/

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:58 pm

Desmond seems good on attack side only, if you are facing the very right team...we can compare him to Firehawk O+2.
I saw only one Desmond winning a fight, from every collaborator I have(in my server only few players went for him), but this comes from few data due to low availability.

PoP isn't used because he is bugged. PoP+Lars+Sylphi/FH+Xanos may be one of the most broken combos in the game, if PoP works as intended.

Orkon needs a huge amount of tests due to random + out of meta kit...we'll see if he succeed where Desmond failed: switch the meta!

@Kemo Yeah, he gets destroyed by Tanya, Taurus and every other diver/mid-focus.