Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Sylphi

Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:57 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
Zi0iP wrote:
the moon landing was staged and the earth is flat

I'm not disagreeing that Tanya is situational, but being situational is not bad, and Tanya is very good and what she does. Also even in the fights where she apparently does not do much, the simple fact that she can distract the opponent and make him use their "big guns" on her instead of the tank can be the difference between victory or defeat. I have had matches where she died while doing virtually nothing and I still feel that she was important for the win. Still, not a hero to be used in every team, but you when see an opportunity to use her she will do the job like no other. As for Ariel, check those Ariel/sylphi/Avior teams, they are dominating, and they are not easy to beat on defense.

Everybody beats a sylphi. Once in a while.
I beat sylphi teams as well.

But it's hard.

What this 3 star DPS can do is ridiculous. She becomes a fucking tank once she throws off that cancer-ridden green goo.

Ivanrgs
Baron
Baron

Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:36 pm

"Do you want traffic laws to be written for people who know how to drive or to the hit-and-run drivers? "

Well, interesting arguement. Actually it supports my point, not denies. Traffic laws are written for CASUAL drivers, not for professional racers :)
And Lilith gave monster truck (read Sylphi) to those who can pay money for it, which just hit all around without much of thinking. And yes, few racers like you can avoid it and speak about how easy it is.

PS nice hot discussion:)

Thramir
Knight
Knight

Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:45 am

KemosabeTBC wrote:
No, what I said is contrary to popular belief. And I said that she is good for arena.

Sorry man, I misunderstood :)

I agree with everything Kemo and Zentor said. Zioip clearly hasn't faced good teams with Sylphi if he thinks she's pretty easy to counter. Sylphi's one of the best arena heroes right now.

Tanya, Leah and Ariel are also great heroes at O2 though not as good as Sylphi.

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:18 pm

@Ivanrgs
before giving you the chance to drive, you have to learn how to. You can't sue someone because if the crash is your fault...so knowledge is required :P

@Thramir
I have faced many Sylphi, some of these with more equipment, enchantments, levels and academy. What make the difference are: game knowledge and the right heroes.

Today I tried to use the "standard teams" someone showed/tried to use to beat Sylphi and I lost even to bad arranged teams and under-leveled...that's exactly what happens/ed against Malrath, Zem, Dokras, Firehawk, Taurus, etc etc.
Try using full-damage/unconventional teams...think out of the meta, similar to Kemo. Make an anti-Sylphi team and see your opponents to crash their Sylphi thinking she's OP, while losing.

PS: yeah, if you have only 10 heroes and you think one single meta-team should destroy every team, you are wrong. Meta-heroes have the chance to destroy Sylphi but you need tactic.

FakeLikeFaker
Knight
Knight

Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:03 pm

Zi0iP wrote:
PS: yeah, if you have only 10 heroes and you think one single meta-team should destroy every team, you are wrong. Meta-heroes have the chance to destroy Sylphi but you need tactic.

I am sorry but you need to stop with the tactic stuff. This is a straight up pay2win mobile game, not some crazy tactic MOBA like DOTA2 or League of Legends. Tactic is only relevant if and only if you spend a good amount of time and/or money. The amount of "tactic or strategy" you can deploy in a game like Soul Hunter is abysmal.

1) In Arena you can effectively counter an entire team, but that's about it. Or you can do what most players do, trial and error. Keep trying until you succeed, and learn from your mistakes/failures. This have nothing to do with tactic, this is purely based on experience and knowledge.
2) In the Epic, you can only effectively counter one team since you can only see one team. This means you have to go in blind for the rest two matches and pray the RNG god that you'll win or you get the favorable match ups.
3) Your so-call tactic is only applicable from time to time. The same team A vs team B can have varies result because of RNG. Even if one team is a "counter" to another, there's no guarantee that you'll win that match.

Honestly I don't know why you're trying to stretch this so-call "tactic" so much on a mobile game like Soul Hunter.

Just one question after all of these discussions, I just want to know your opinions on Sylphi after this. Purely from a Arena/Epic standpoint, is Sylphi a top 10 Arena hero?

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:03 pm

FakeLikeFaker wrote:
I am sorry but you need to stop with the tactic stuff. This is a straight up pay2win mobile game, not some crazy tactic MOBA like DOTA2 or League of Legends. Tactic is only relevant if and only if you spend a good amount of time and/or money. The amount of "tactic or strategy" you can deploy in a game like Soul Hunter is abysmal.

1) In Arena you can effectively counter an entire team, but that's about it. Or you can do what most players do, trial and error. Keep trying until you succeed, and learn from your mistakes/failures. This have nothing to do with tactic, this is purely based on experience and knowledge.
2) In the Epic, you can only effectively counter one team since you can only see one team. This means you have to go in blind for the rest two matches and pray the RNG god that you'll win or you get the favorable match ups.
3) Your so-call tactic is only applicable from time to time. The same team A vs team B can have varies result because of RNG. Even if one team is a "counter" to another, there's no guarantee that you'll win that match.

Honestly I don't know why you're trying to stretch this so-call "tactic" so much on a mobile game like Soul Hunter.

Just one question after all of these discussions, I just want to know your opinions on Sylphi after this. Purely from a Arena/Epic standpoint, is Sylphi a top 10 Arena hero?

I'm talking about teams in a 3-5 levels range, when you have 1-2 items difference. Obviously a level 40 can't face a level 100.
This is totally a p2w game but the only PvP game changers where released for free(Zem and Taurus); the others were either "easy" to counter(thinking out of the "standard teams"), even if dealing tons of damage(Xanos, Firehawk, Malrath), or PvE oriented(Sylphi, Goram)==> easy to counter in PvP.

1) experience is needed to learn power curves, counters ans synergies. With them, you can basically build a team just looking at opponent's.
2) in Epic Arena you counter the first team and build 2 more balanced teams, at least one "good for everything"...or you may do as many guild do: one member(who can't beat X) scouts his teams; you insta-counter all of them.
3) RNG is a big part of this game especially until O fusion; then it's just a matter of "who uses ults earlier". If you counter your opponents, you may lose that RNG game(ex 1/10); if you lose about 1/3 of games, that team is not the best to counter the one you're facing.

"Tactic" is everywhere in good games; I kept playing this game(while I left every other mobile) because this follows the classic MOBA rules and it was pretty easy to understand for me, since the beginning(while others needed more effort because fresh new for me).

Out of this discussion: Sylphi is into top 10 PvP heroes for sure, top 3 AOE DPS(best LATE). If we consider the "best PvP heroes", she's behind Zem, Taurus, Xanos, aw Malrath(with another frontline, especially aw Goram), aw Arcturus, aw Serafine, aw Ezio, Chrona(if she works as intended, I hadn't chance to test her) and Lumos(paired with Zem/Xanos/Ezio).
Maybe 7* Sylphi will be impossible to counter but, right now, she's so squishy to early burst/combo...

PS: before Sylphi the worst problem was aw-Dokras...then people learned how to counter him. The same should happen with Sylphi!

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:26 pm

Awakened Dokras is still extremely strong and is a 7* hero, not a paid-for 3* mid-line dps flourishing everywhere. Your points are awful, you're wrong and as I said, your opinions are nothing but shit on a stick. You've been roasted and served like a pig on a stick. Stick to your tier list and the feedback, you're good for nothing but writing and gathering.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:03 pm

Deep down inside Zentor loves you, I know it :D

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:51 pm

Deep down inside Zentor loves tactic...he's just too lazy to use 30 minutes to learn it.

Imagine if he used half of his time on the forum to learn basic game tactic&synergy...the new Soul Hunter lord!

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:03 pm

Zi0iP wrote:
Deep down inside Zentor loves tactic...he's just too lazy to use 30 minutes to learn it.

Imagine if he used half of his time on the forum to learn basic game tactic&synergy...the new Soul Hunter lord!

I'm sure the beasts on the first 20 servers have spent a tiny bit more time than you on clustering together counters to the strong sylphi teams. Yet they seem to struggle and the sylphi defenders remain in the top. I hope you understand my condescending way of speaking, 'cause I think low of you.