Namorat
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Sylphi

Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:10 pm

Altair wrote:
She's very strong in arena, even 3 stars do a great melting aoe damage and may "finish him" several heroes at once.
Imho she's solid A+ tier. And yeah, every fight with equal or above rival needs the right team AND the right opponents. And she's not "pretty easy to counter by using power- bla bla..curves"

I am afraid you are pretty wrong here. There are heroes that fit in pretty much every team, there are heroes that can be used against almost any team. Zem is such a hero.
And I haven't seen anything that looks like Sylphi is "a solid A+" to be honest.
no more money from me

Thramir
Knight
Knight

Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:59 am

I agree with Altair, Sylphi may not be an "A+ tier" but she's a good arena hero and in the right team definitely isn't "pretty easy to counter". And she's only 3 stars in most cases, when her soul stones are released she will be seen a lot more.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:23 am

Namorat wrote:
Altair wrote:
She's very strong in arena, even 3 stars do a great melting aoe damage and may "finish him" several heroes at once.
Imho she's solid A+ tier. And yeah, every fight with equal or above rival needs the right team AND the right opponents. And she's not "pretty easy to counter by using power- bla bla..curves"

I am afraid you are pretty wrong here. There are heroes that fit in pretty much every team, there are heroes that can be used against almost any team. Zem is such a hero.
And I haven't seen anything that looks like Sylphi is "a solid A+" to be honest.

She may not be op in arena but she is good for sure. When you see that Dokras, who has the most magic armor of any dps hero AND a 30% magic mitigation passive, is melted in seconds and doesnt stand a chance vs her 1 on 1, you know something is not right.

Namorat
Viscount
Viscount

Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:56 am

Oh yes, she is good or at least not bad. I personally feel she is a B in arena, but at the moment the community seems to rank her everything between A and C, so we probably have to wait until she can be used more widely :)
no more money from me

Zidly
Squire
Squire

Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:53 am

I've spent just under 8000 gems trying to get her and all I got were 31 lousy soul stones. A couple guys in our guild got her on a single pull. How fair is that? I hope someone from Lilith sees this and does something about it. No character should cost $300+ to get just for a 3 star

Gnomegrinder
Squire
Squire

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:58 am

Some heroes is slightly OP at release (phoenix) but Sylphi just seems so goddamn stupid.

She is an ABSOLUTE MUST in HoL to even have a chance at top 10.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:07 am

Zi0iP wrote:
Thramir wrote:
Ivanrgs wrote:
She is still very good in arena, I would compare to firehawk for usefulness. So one more strong hero for epic.

At end game she's much more usefull than firehawk. In the top 10 in my server 7 have Sylphi in their arena teams.

Even in my server...she's still pretty easy to counter. I'm using her into def Arena just for fun. In Epic Arena, Sylphi's teams are the easiest to beat...she's always in the weak team!

Namorat wrote:
Altair wrote:

I want to talk about 2 things that are contrary to popular belief. First is that physical teams are good in arena. Second is that Sylphi is good for arena.

I will not give any argument this time, they say a picture is worth a thousand words, a video should be more, I'll leave you this: https://youtu.be/e7i8OzetFyo

PS: All my heroes are fully equipped/fully enchanted (taurus and tholin have 4 items since they need lvl 100 for the 5th) and have full academy skills

Thramir
Knight
Knight

Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:23 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
I want to talk about 2 things that are contrary to popular belief. First is that physical teams are good in arena. Second is that Sylphi is good for arena.

I will not give any argument this time, they say a picture is worth a thousand words, a video should be more, I'll leave you this: https://youtu.be/e7i8OzetFyo

PS: All my heroes are fully equipped/fully enchanted (taurus and tholin have 4 items since they need lvl 100 for the 5th) and have full academy skills

I don't understand. You're saying that contrary to popular belief, Sylphi isn't good for arena, but she won that battle by her self.

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:32 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:

What should this video prove?
1) the attacker has no idea about curves and synergy;
2) Leah is bad in this meta;
3) Every hero is great vs teams he/she hard counters (Sylphi, in this case).

I hope I didn't miss your point...

EDIT: 2.5) Tanya is not so good aswell;

Namorat wrote:
Oh yes, she is good or at least not bad. I personally feel she is a B in arena, but at the moment the community seems to rank her everything between A and C, so we probably have to wait until she can be used more widely :)

Even if she's meant to "kill or time-out", she's better for attacking because in most servers there are only few people with tactic knowledge(I know this is a mobile game but I think hardcore gamers should know that).
Sylphi is a B in this meta. She needs an "early-protection" team to be in OR bad composed attack, to shine. She's great vs low early-damage teams ==> in the old meta(Orange one...full-tank + low damage meta), she's an S. Like every other hero that was "too OP" on release, all she need is tactic, to get countered.

Actually, only Zem is OP in every team until O+1, but he becomes balanced at O+2.
Sylphi should be nerfed for HoL and Raids purpose; in Arena she's perfect as she is!

Ivanrgs
Baron
Baron

Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:51 pm

Zi0iP, you keep arguing about Syplhi is not that good but she is.
I don't know how many people know about curves and synergy (I personally have no clue what curves are, except those in the middle of Chronas card), but situation is simple: she is good enough to put into team and be in good advantage against casual player who are mostly presented in Soul Hunters.

I even agree that at current moment (pre awake, O level) she is not shining in arena even at 5*, but in combination with her enormous imba in HoL she makes non-owners to feel in real disadvantage.

Also I don't know how far are you in game, but sounds like very far owning lots of maxed heroes and able to choose from this variety to create right team. At my server as I can judge nobody except top5 can make 3 good teams for epic arena. So person who invest in Lingling or bloodspear for raids weaker in epic. But now we are getting sylphi who is good in arena and op In HoL, raids... that's what makes her too good even before O2

I started playing in late October. At that moment among paid heroes there was only Malrath who seemed a bit stronger and only for arena purpose. I have not heard lots of complaints.
Since that we got lingling, sylphi, goram, mirielle (ok this one not so good). Now chrona and immediately desmond (may be one or both will be op).
Personally I lost interest to experiment with heroes as all must-have heroes coming from wallet.

Maybe if I were 100 and had 20 heroes awakened I would not care and will have fun from learning how to counter these new heroes. But at time when there is still competition for being in top3 on server, it's just discouraging.