Emp
Squire
Squire

Ezio - I hate him

Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:52 am

I think Ezio was developed to annoy. I hate him intensely in opposing parties, especially when doing Crucible of Fire. Why?

First of all: the delay. Ezio, even when about ten levels lower than your own party, dodges over 90% of your attacks. Even when he doesn't do a lot of damage to you, he will still be dodging, itching and scratching for like half a minute after the rest of the opponent's party has long been downed.

Second: he will always come after Jasmin and/or Flora. I tried to make an estimation based on observations. He'll go after Jasmin right away in over 90% of the time, nullifying her effectiveness. This wouldn't be such a big problem, but...

Third: on the Coming Ashore (223) server, far too many people use Ezio in their parties. At some point it struck me: why am I always lined up against Ezio-parties? From then on, I started counting. I have at some point been lined up for 211 consecutive CoF fights against an Ezio party. This was far over three weeks in a row! Come on! For this sole reason, I have withdrawn from this very server. In conjunction with the second reason: I would be generally out of healers by the seventh fight and get no furher than, let's say, fight 10 or so.

Fourth: no matter what people say: there is no true medicine against Ezio. I have tried all strategies I have been reading here, but they will only work for a maximum of two to three consecutive fights. People have suggested Arachna... have they really evaluated its effect? I have compared it to Boomer, but even he is more effective (at lvl 80) against Ezio.

Fifth, at higher levels, a well-equipped (or awaked) Ezio is solely capable of being so lucky as to kill a complete fully enchanted equal level party, without being harmed at all. True, this is not always the case, but he'll give you enough trouble to go and hate the game.

Bah!

Ivanrgs
Baron
Baron

Re: Ezio - I hate him

Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:53 am

Ezio hates you in return :)

No true medicine? Try Cara. Unless it's really rare case when he due to bug jumps out of cage he is 100% dead.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:31 pm

Emp wrote:
Fourth: no matter what people say: there is no true medicine against Ezio. I have tried all strategies I have been reading here, but they will only work for a maximum of two to three consecutive fights. People have suggested Arachna... have they really evaluated its effect? I have compared it to Boomer, but even he is more effective (at lvl 80) against Ezio.

What the hell? 1vs1 just Arachna VS Ezio, Arachna will win almost always. But not the best strategy for COF imo because:
1) Arachna is squishy and you can't use her for this on every single fight... she will die eventually.
2) This is more a counter for arena because, while Ezio will kill himself attacking her, it will not be that fast (unless both he and arachna are on front) and in the meanwhile he may be killing other heroes, so not really good strategy to wait for him to kill himself if you might lose other heroes in the meantime. Although she is still good to use vs him, since she traps him, just don't use her alone as a counter.

Fifth, at higher levels, a well-equipped (or awaked) Ezio is solely capable of being so lucky as to kill a complete fully enchanted equal level party, without being harmed at all. True, this is not always the case, but he'll give you enough trouble to go and hate the game.

Impossible unless your team is comprised of 100% physical heroes. Or you use a few fragile mages who get sniped by Ezio first in the fight.

In any case the strategy in COF is not to let your heroes fight until they die or the opponents die... This will get you nowhere. Versus Ezio it's really simple, kill him in the first 5 seconds and if he doesn't die leave the battle and do it again! There are many ways to do this but I'll leave again my prefered one: Taurus + Serafine. When the fight starts wait a few seconds until taurus bonus kicks in, then use both ultimates at the same time. That's it, Ezio is dead... Even if he is lvl 100, fully equipped/enchanted and with full academy skills, assuming your heroes have good gear as well of course.

dzulio
Knight
Knight

Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:10 pm

Or use osiris and cara ultimate on him

KaozJGaming
Squire
Squire

Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:13 pm

Although Ezio is a pain to deal with, he is not impossible. To build on some of the valid approaches already listed, I find the most effective way of dealing with him is Crowd Control.

Cara is great if you can catch him with the ultimate.
Flora is awesome due to her Charm (good for dealing with any divers really).
Dokras can be really beneficial due to his snare and hedgehogs a as diversion.

Otherwise general CoF strategies can be employed, such as having additional healers. Generally, I can clear CoF (at 86) 100% of the time using Zem, Xanos, Garrick, Jasmine, Flora. Zem needs no explanation, Xanos (for Damage), Garrick (Damage, Buffs), Jasmine and Flora for alternating heals. CoF tends to be about managing your Ultimates well. I don't use Flora unless I know she can get off all of her heal waves. Jasmine and Xanos are usually saved for interrupting devastating Ultimates (Jasmine, Xanos, Firehawk, etc).

I agree that its irritating that Ezio usually will bounce around 10+ seconds after the rest of the party has died, but this is more of an annoyance than anything, really. As long as you are not fighting way over your head, Ezio shouldn't really be able to eliminate your party all by himself. If you focus on the rest of the party and have a couple forms of crowd control, its mostly just a waiting game. And as always with CoF, don't be afraid to leave the match and try again when things look bad. The last thing to suggest is to have a few extra (by this point in the game you should have 10-15+ heroes that are viable in CoF that you could utilize a secondary, sacrificial team to weaken the opponent so that your primary CoF group can come in and sweep up the rest (you have to be mindful of the other team's ultimate levels though with this approach).

Hopefully some of what's been listed here, you will find helpful in tweaking your approach.

That being said, he is an obnoxious character to work around, but not impossible.

assenko
Knight
Knight

Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:43 pm

I personally hate Ezio, since his dodging is bullshit. But recently I started to use Malrath Sylphi Taurus Jasmine and Serafine in CoF and clear it every time without taking any damage at all, regardless of enemy team. I don't even need Jasmine in there, i just keep her to shut the Dokras up once in a while to not take damage. So every fight is you wait for Sylphi to do her initial aoe, while Taurus buffs, then you use Sylphi ult and after a second Taurus ult. If something is alive at this point finish it with either Sera or Malrath. Then if something is still alive Taurus and Sylphi will automatically layer stun and silence on them, so you can safely finish them off with regular attacks. You will finish every fight with full energy on all your key heroes making sure you rinse and repeat up until the very end, easy-peasy. All you have to do is charge the ults up in first fight. And, i repeat, this kills absolutely every single one enemy composition without taking ANY damage during the WHOLE CoF.

Ivanrgs
Baron
Baron

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:05 pm

Yeah, all have Malrath and sylphi.... All!

assenko
Knight
Knight

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:10 pm

Ivanrgs wrote:
Yeah, all have Malrath and sylphi.... All!

Malrath actually drops from CoF quite often, and can easily be swapped for any tank. As for Sylphi, the guild mercenary camp is there for a reason. So don't act like an idiot.

Ivanrgs
Baron
Baron

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:19 pm

Oh, you are so... agitated. GL in being good community member.

assenko
Knight
Knight

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:25 pm

Ivanrgs wrote:
Oh, you are so... agitated. GL in being good community member.

I don't even know wtf are you talking about. GL continuing to be an imbecile.