Altair
Squire
Squire

Nightshade usage

Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:54 am

For what useful Nightshade?
I know she has a very high dps, but I would like to hear the practical application.
On which boss from HoL or raids (13-16) she is doing considerably better than the other heroes like BS, Kong, Ling Ling, Sylphi..

Please share this information. I think if she is worthy to spend resources on it today.
Thanks.

Namorat
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Nightshade usage

Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:47 am

The only place I use her is in Hurok HoL, but mostly because my Tanya is still weak...
no more money from me

Altair
Squire
Squire

Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:37 pm

Oh, don't look like candy.. how many stars yours? My Tanya is 5* and I use her only in Hurok too.

Namorat
Viscount
Viscount

Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Mine is only 4 star, level 60 and Purple 2 :D
no more money from me

Gmanju
Baron
Baron

Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:30 pm

Edit: Once I get some free time again I need to make my own thread with all of my loldidntread posts.

TLDR

-nightshade best single target physical dmg
-fuck you sylphi, bitch literally broke the game

Every single raid boss or any raid with a single target enemy. Until recently also pretty much any single raid in the game with some aoe dmg to upkeep her ultimate at all times however with heroes such as lingling, sylphi, tholin, leah, taurus and others you can make team comps against 3-5 target raids that will vastly exceed Nightshade's dps due to multi target mechanics.

While nightshade has the highest single target physical(fuck you sylphi and your fucking retarded 20x magic dmg multiplier) scaling in the game when it comes to multi targets fights someone like leah will do 350%+ base dmg with a 5x stat/buff boost which puts extra 315% crit dmg to shame with only 1 stat dip.

She is the best dmg dealer vs hurok and 2nd best vs crusher (fuck you sylphi) often dealing over a million dmg on her own.

Btw for those nother familiar with what stat double dipping is here is a quick summary. I did want to write a lengthy and detailed post along with evidence of this being an actual mechanic present in this game but I've been to busy recenter to even do my dailies.

Anyway if you have never played a serious mmo or RPG here's the deal. A skill will have base dmg aka thr number in the skill description such as alaistar ultimate doing large magic dmg in 1 hit. Scaling aside let's say Alistair is what ever lvl with the ultimate base dmg being 2000 and he has 3000 magic dmg. So his ultimate will deal 2000 +/* certain % of 3000 + any buffs - enemy defense in ratio with piercing ect... Lets just say the increase is a flat bonus for simplicity purpose. 2000 + 3000 will give a base of 5000 dmg before buffs crits armor ect... so the magic dmg has been used in a flat 1 to 1 ratio or basically a direct 100% dmg relation. 1 magic ability gives the ultimate 1 extra magic dmg on the base.

Now let's take a look at someone like sylphi. Lets just say her ultimate says it also does a base of 2000 dmg spread over 20 flying ghosts so each one does a base of 100 dmg on attack. However sylphi also has 3000 magic damage just like alaistar so you would think you get a new base of 5000 and the ghosts will now do 250 base dmg per attack HAHAHAHAHAHA

What actually happens is every one of the 20 ghosts all dip into the magic dmg bonus so each one has a base dmg of 3100 now and not 250. You are probably thinking da fuk there is no fucking way this can possibly be true. Just take a look at the dmg numbers of each of the ghosts as they attack the enemy, then look at the abilities base dmg, krobolus stats and compare to any other casters single target ability dmg of similar stats and dmg.

Not sure why absolutely no one else has brought this up or even mentioned this mechanic besides myself but maybe this post will get some people talking about how bullshit our little death prophet rip off is.

Ivanrgs
Baron
Baron

Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:46 pm

Gmanju wrote:
Edit: Once I get some free time again I need to make my own thread with all of my loldidntread posts.

Great long post :)
But cab you actually suggest which teams do you use against crusher and hurok with her to get this great dmg?

soulhun
Squire
Squire

Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:00 am

Gmanju wrote:

TLDR

-nightshade best single target physical dmg
-fuck you sylphi, bitch literally broke the game

Every single raid boss or any raid with a single target enemy. Until recently also pretty much any single raid in the game with some aoe dmg to upkeep her ultimate at all times however with heroes such as lingling, sylphi, tholin, leah, taurus and others you can make team comps against 3-5 target raids that will vastly exceed Nightshade's dps due to multi target mechanics.

While nightshade has the highest single target physical(fuck you sylphi and your fucking retarded 20x magic dmg multiplier) scaling in the game when it comes to multi targets fights someone like leah will do 350%+ base dmg with a 5x stat/buff boost which puts extra 315% crit dmg to shame with only 1 stat dip.

She is the best dmg dealer vs hurok and 2nd best vs crusher (fuck you sylphi) often dealing over a million dmg on her own.

Btw for those nother familiar with what stat double dipping is here is a quick summary. I did want to write a lengthy and detailed post along with evidence of this being an actual mechanic present in this game but I've been to busy recenter to even do my dailies.

Anyway if you have never played a serious mmo or RPG here's the deal. A skill will have base dmg aka thr number in the skill description such as alaistar ultimate doing large magic dmg in 1 hit. Scaling aside let's say Alistair is what ever lvl with the ultimate base dmg being 2000 and he has 3000 magic dmg. So his ultimate will deal 2000 +/* certain % of 3000 + any buffs - enemy defense in ratio with piercing ect... Lets just say the increase is a flat bonus for simplicity purpose. 2000 + 3000 will give a base of 5000 dmg before buffs crits armor ect... so the magic dmg has been used in a flat 1 to 1 ratio or basically a direct 100% dmg relation. 1 magic ability gives the ultimate 1 extra magic dmg on the base.

Now let's take a look at someone like sylphi. Lets just say her ultimate says it also does a base of 2000 dmg spread over 20 flying ghosts so each one does a base of 100 dmg on attack. However sylphi also has 3000 magic damage just like alaistar so you would think you get a new base of 5000 and the ghosts will now do 250 base dmg per attack HAHAHAHAHAHA

What actually happens is every one of the 20 ghosts all dip into the magic dmg bonus so each one has a base dmg of 3100 now and not 250. You are probably thinking da fuk there is no fucking way this can possibly be true. Just take a look at the dmg numbers of each of the ghosts as they attack the enemy, then look at the abilities base dmg, krobolus stats and compare to any other casters single target ability dmg of similar stats and dmg.

Not sure why absolutely no one else has brought this up or even mentioned this mechanic besides myself but maybe this post will get some people talking about how bullshit our little death prophet rip off is.

goram will make you curse more and its just a start.
you will see more and more heroes that break the game. Goram probably will dominate the game and change the entire arena doctrines. He basically cant be killed after awakening. in a pvp situation, it has great impact and will draw lots of attention

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:15 am

soulhun wrote:
you will see more and more heroes that break the game. Goram probably will dominate the game and change the entire arena doctrines. He basically cant be killed after awakening. in a pvp situation, it has great impact and will draw lots of attention

Maybe, but you are speculating.

soulhun
Squire
Squire

Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:47 am

KemosabeTBC wrote:
soulhun wrote:

Maybe, but you are speculating.

Its a deriving from experience and solid evidence. Just like people will die one day. Thats not speculating, that's just fact derived from experience and solid evidence.