Vesperas
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Ezio 3 stars

Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:10 pm

OP literally means achieving victory with less work. Zem, Taru, Cara, etc, all fall into this. If they weren't OP, people wouldn't be into 50 with O+1/5star ones. Try staying competitive with a 5 star tank like elric or drago on a 44k team, see if you can beat a maxed out 55k+ team. You can't, but you can with Zem.

This is why most balanced shooters limit rocket or grenade launchers, because then it devoids any sense of balance when you can achieve a top score playing one handed. Example:

In Metal Gear Online (2), the game lasted 4 years, the 3 year survival lobbies were filled with 2000+ people in 3 regions each night it was available. Bodies had I-frames to encourage headshots, auto aim could be counter, you couldn't spray against top players, and the nade launcher required like 6 + kills to buy.

In mgo3, you can spray and strafe all day with AA, HS take 2+ hits to kill, while no i-frames on bodies take 5/6. You also can spawn with grenade launchers with no drawback. Survival, now after a year averages 0 to 3 people, despite no region lock, fell to under 300 the 1st month. Mgo2 has a player created 'revival' server that requires a jail broken ps3, which costs mad money, yet usually always has more players on than survival.

That's what "op" crap does, people left after the first week when for 3+ years they eagerly waited for mgo3. This OP crap caters to casuals who don't care and alienates the loyal competitive crowd. Oh, in mgo3, you can get a 1/3 of a kill point for looking at people. People said "oh well it has a counter", yea, looking back and hiding 10 minutes for a 50 to 0 score victory.

Also, just because someone sees something as OP doesn't mean he sucks, it also doesn't mean it's fun to adapt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t1Apd4teNk

I'm considered the best Sniper, I hate sniping. But I'll be damned if I lose because some scrub thought he could look at me, never move up, the nubtube/AA behind a corner if I moved up. See? Not fun. Nor is making great teams in SH and having trouble with underleveled hunters because the game gave out 3 of them for free and placed them in the easiest to redeem shop.

On topic, is Malrath a surefire counter? As of now, he isn't widely available.
Attempting Friendship Mode, please say "go back to your hole" if I veer off Friendship Mode and I'll delete non Friendship posts. Together we can be Friends! (Unless you are a traitor)
Hunter of Traitors, Ex Legendary non-Vip from Server 18.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:13 pm

In the beginning I thought Zem was more OP than he actually is. Now I think he is more "easy" to deal with than I thought at first. I even had success against strong zem teams with pure physical AOE, something that I was not expecting to work but I have several screenshots of Zem doing ZERO damage.

But yes, I still think he is OP, in the sense that he has too many pros and very few cons. He requires you to worry too much about him when making a team VS him, there is very little room for error, if you fail to kill him soon he will come back and destroy you. This is where the imbalance is, he is relatively strong (when compared to other heroes). There are a lot of crappy heroes in the game that you have to struggle to make a team where they can aspire to do something useful, anything at all. While you can just throw a Zem almost anywhere and the opponent will have to struggle to counter him.

Gmanju
Baron
Baron

Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:26 am

In my pvp matches zem almost never does top dmg anymore despite being 5 to 7 stars, if you haven't learned how to easily counter zem teams by now then it won't matter if he is nerfed since you will just complain that the next hero you lose to because you can't think for 5 seconds to come up with a counter.

Comparing one of the worst heroes in the game to any other hero as an example of why someone is op... lol Just because older heroes are under powered does not mean new heroes are op.

Who would you pick?

Esabel or elric

Omg elric is op

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:34 am

Caster00 wrote:
Not oficially.... or didnt see you the nerf to Jasmine?... Really?????

Her ultimate could stop other ultimates and heroes when they were using their ultimate, etc... That was nerfed (because she was a pain in the ass with her ultimate... but she wasnt OP). Now you use her ultimate and dont stop some ultimates or abilities from other heroes.

I watched her in the crucible today just to make sure I wasn't crazy and she had actually been nerfed. Nope... her ultimate stops abilities same as usual.

And, lo and behold... the mighty Serafine and Zem:

And what is this? Physical AOE? Who uses that nowadays, it is weak as hell, and against OP heroes it does not stand a chance! Or is it? The last 2 fights are for #1 arena rank btw.

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:43 pm

Petition to ban Carter from the forums

wiro
Squire
Squire

Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:29 am

I got Ezio at 7* and maxed out, enchanted and Academy trained. Let me tell you, his magic res is through the roof and he kills everything!

But at 3* ? Ok, but don't expect miracles.
How much wood could a Kaneq chuck if a Kaneq could chuck wood?

Gmanju
Baron
Baron

Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:53 pm

wiro wrote:
I got Ezio at 7* and maxed out, enchanted and Academy trained. Let me tell you, his magic res is through the roof and he kills everything!

But at 3* ? Ok, but don't expect miracles.

Especially arachnas right?

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:19 pm

Actually Ezio does kill arachna unless both are on the front. Just because he kills himself doing it doesn't matter, both die :D

Gmanju
Baron
Baron

Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:56 pm

In my experience in a 1v1 ezio never wins

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:32 pm

I'm so into Ezio, I can barely breathe