Justinnederkoorn
Squire
Squire

Reset times for shops, daily, CoF etc

Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:44 pm

Hi guys,

I find it annoying that the entire game is set in PST while there are so many players from other regions with totally different timezones. While these reset times may be logical to american players, they aren't so much for us.

I am in the UTC+1 timezone so things aren't that bad for me. But daily starting at 2pm is a bit strange. I'd love to play a bit on my way to work when travelling in the train. Also, I am constantly calculating the time from PST to UTC+1. Reset times for all the components are very variable as well (5am, 9pm, 6pm, 8am). It's confusing for us at the very least, frustrating for some.

It would be very nice to at least have a way to set our timezone so that these PST times will automatically be calculated to UTC+1 times. I've stopped calculating it myself because it just ruined the experience for me.

I know that there has been previous topics about this. I've been a topic where this has been mentioned almost one and a half year ago. One and a half year guys and you still didn't mix up a thing or two in your updates to make it better for european and asian players?

Again, it would be a huge benefit for us if you would look into some opportunities. I'm sure there are numereous players experiencing the same confusing/frustrating situation.

Thanks!

Alu3
Squire
Squire

Re: Reset times for shops, daily, CoF etc

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:50 pm

Make servers for EU.

ashOck
Baron
Baron

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:58 pm

You really have no case because the developers have to make a choice that will be convenient for some and not others. It is likely that the North American market was their number one target in setting the times.

Your complaint of keeping track of the times really does not ring true. It is the same four times every single day! You don't need to convert. If it resets at 2 pm your time, then it will do so every day at that time. Write it down or have some other way of remembering. Don't burden the developers with having to program local time for each device or location.

Justinnederkoorn
Squire
Squire

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:30 pm

Actually, not sure why I haven't thought of this earlier but you brought me an idea. Gonna calculate the times and process them in my iPhone notifications.
Thanks!

About North America being their #1 target; I completely understand. Not sure how large their developing team is, but for me it's still really playable since I don't have any reset times during the night. Some people however are not able to participate in Arena the best they can, simply because the Arena ranks are calculated over night (in their timezone).

Again, not sure how big their team is but seperate EU servers would solve this issue. I've heard a lot of people who request something like this. But then again, I'm no developer so I won't pretend to understand matters I don't. I can see why something like this would be too much work or at least have a low priority due to other stuff that needs to be done

DeusEx
Viscount
Viscount

Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:03 pm

I think europeans have it better than americans.

The arena calculation time is at 12 PST. In a normal life, everybody at that time is either working or studying, meanwhile in EU almost everyone can come up with free time at night (21 hours I think it is).

The 4 times you posted are quite great for playing efficiently.

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:03 am

The whole game is based on PST, all the servers, features, everything. For that reason it's not as simple as changing this with an update, we would have to change the whole game to support more than one time zone and this is not something we can do. Sorry about that.

Vesperas
Viscount
Viscount

Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:48 am

ashOck wrote:
You really have no case because the developers have to make a choice that will be convenient for some and not others. It is likely that the North American market was their number one target in setting the times.

Your complaint of keeping track of the times really does not ring true. It is the same four times every single day! You don't need to convert. If it resets at 2 pm your time, then it will do so every day at that time. Write it down or have some other way of remembering. Don't burden the developers with having to program local time for each device or location.

Wrong, if done perfectly, the free forge has 12 different times.
Attempting Friendship Mode, please say "go back to your hole" if I veer off Friendship Mode and I'll delete non Friendship posts. Together we can be Friends! (Unless you are a traitor)
Hunter of Traitors, Ex Legendary non-Vip from Server 18.

Vesperas
Viscount
Viscount

Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:53 am

On topic, it can be done, we all remember that UnCOOL game, right? (As much as people cry about free cof items, I can only imagine people being like "not fair, the asains got the new monkey and I need to wait an extra 12 hours!") The other down side is everyone was tied to time zones, so I had to befriend people and set up a war room map to effectively snipe... MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY! Think about that for a second
Attempting Friendship Mode, please say "go back to your hole" if I veer off Friendship Mode and I'll delete non Friendship posts. Together we can be Friends! (Unless you are a traitor)
Hunter of Traitors, Ex Legendary non-Vip from Server 18.

MeetArt1fact
Knight
Knight

Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:02 pm

kkkkk you are complaining about your times?... Here in Brasil we have 6 hours of difference to this PST.... so 9am in the game is 3pm here.... and the last refresh of things you can buy and soulstones is 3am.... is almost a nightmare have to wait that long... but I can manage that now...

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:30 pm