Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Re: Soul Hunters Tier List update!

Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:49 am

s00pahFr0g wrote:
It looks good! Thank you for putting all this effort to improve the list. You've done an excellent job.

The main use for this tier list is to help new players decide which heroes to consider right? Most seasoned players aren't going to get much use out of this because they are most likely already aware of a lot of this. Seasoned players might find it useful when deciding which hero to bring up next based on their uses and ratings here. The list gives new players the knowledge to make informed decisions early game so that they can prepare for late game. These heroes with higher ratings will be significantly more useful to newer players because these highly rated heroes are often quite versatile in their uses. Of course players can level whoever they want, but a good foundation is very helpful. Once new players reach the end stage and start having the extra resources to raise more than 10-15 core heroes then they can start to work on more niche heroes. There will always be disagreements over ratings when it comes to tier lists, they are ultimately an opinion even if based on evidence. As long as the list gives good guidelines to lead players in the right direction the specifics of ratings matter less. There's no reason to nitpick ratings unless there is something obviously misleading.

thanks for the appreciation!
We're doing our best to give new players the max amount of "essential" informations :)
We added "power curve" to help building a balanced team in the easiest way. Every suggestion is greatly appreciated :)

Anyway, you may be surprised of how many seasoned players have no idea about composition(and curves), the difference between offense and defense, ST and AOE, that's why I wanted to focus on awakened heroes.

Sangan
Squire
Squire

Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:26 am

I think Zem and Lumus deserves an A on Crucible

Unity
Knight
Knight

Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:14 am

I am thinking that maybe the chart could use a section that could tell me which hero is good against which. For example, I made a post on the board a few months ago asking for help on how to defeat teams that feature Cara. Every time I face a team featuring Cara and her Ultimate goes off, I lose. Automatically. My only wins against her all featured a commissioned hero. If I knew which hero Cara was weak against (not type as in Physical AOE; I'm talking names like Dokras), then I could build my attacking party based on that data.

Secondly, I've been wanting to see a Synergy section. Which heroes need this hero to be truly effective. Like, adding Flora and/or Dr. Zeno to pump up Vincent's Magic Armor, or Enrique's speed up melody to make Alana or Tanya even more deadly.

Is there a possibility that Ultimates could be reviewed and graded? Additionally, some Ultimates have hidden features or uses which are not stated in the game text.

Finally, how much do you think the Heroic Academy will affect the current reference sheet?

Namorat
Viscount
Viscount

Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:00 pm

Something I wondered: how much Data is necessary to be able to give an Impression on a new hero. For example I am using Lars in my arena Team for some time and basically stayed in the top three, but I think it has to do more with the team comp than with him himself (I am around 5k behind the rest in score with that team). I tried him in other places like CoF, but I don't think nearly enough to be confident about giving out a score, you know?
no more money from me

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:54 pm

Namorat wrote:
Something I wondered: how much Data is necessary to be able to give an Impression on a new hero. For example I am using Lars in my arena Team for some time and basically stayed in the top three, but I think it has to do more with the team comp than with him himself (I am around 5k behind the rest in score with that team). I tried him in other places like CoF, but I don't think nearly enough to be confident about giving out a score, you know?

To give a first impression(no rating) is not a matter of games but a matter of analysis. To be objective(rating), I guess you should try the same hero among a team in which his kit may be useful, try several time that team and see how it performs(trasure cave is a great way to save arena tries and test in a stressful situation); then you try him in a different comp and repeat.
You may encounter only bad teams, teams you counter, etc. It's your responsability to be as much objective as can, looking for different teams, situations, etc.
After these tests, you give your personal rate. When I have about 20 personal rates, I add a provisory rate.
An OP(S) hero is clear since the very first 20 games.
A bad hero(D) is harder to judge because it may be bad in the specific situation(so he's C in no time).

I usually ask to justify ratings and expalin reasons. The tiers are there to help new players(or the ones with very limited resources) to prioritize some heroes, usually the ones with the best versatility(that's why "overall" is a mean of all categories)...giving bad advices may bring to an high waste of resources.
(that happened to me with Ethera and a non-updated tier list: O+1 she sucks a bit, while O she was as win condition as Zem...and she was rated based on O fusion)

Namorat
Viscount
Viscount

Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:25 am

Okay, I used him in my Arena team for some time in offense and defense. My team is at level 92
Lumos, Taurus, Xanos, Zem and Lars. All but Zem are only Orange and the rating is at 40562. As Top 5 player around me have at least 4 and up to 7k more. The team worked even when Lars was bugged, so his stun wasn't even that important.
In Arena he is often the only hero who died for me, but disrupted enough before that. Still his ult is often a great finisher and defeats the backrow with its second use. In Epic Arena I use Firehawk instead of Xanos and this team loses maybe one of 15 battles.

Edit: Lumos 6*, Taurus 3*, Xanos 6*, Zem 5*, Lars 3*
Last edited by Namorat on Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
no more money from me

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:47 am

Guys, the topic is about the tier list.

Thanks

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:14 am

hengli wrote:
Guys, the topic is about the tier list.Thanks

Sorry Hengli I was writing a post when you replied.

@gmanju if you want to talk about ROTA you can send me a PM

hengli

Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:45 am

KemosabeTBC wrote:
hengli wrote:
Guys, the topic is about the tier list.Thanks

Sorry Hengli I was writing a post when you replied.

@gmanju if you want to talk about ROTA you can send me a PM

You can create a topic to discuss about ROTA, no problem with that.

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:22 pm

hengli wrote:
Guys, the topic is about the tier list.

Thanks

Is it possible to remove/move the unrelated tier list messages(including mine, when I replied to Gmanju...or I'll just edit the Gmanju part out)?
I would like people to see and compare ratings and opinions!

Namorat wrote:
Okay, I used him in my Arena team for some time in offense and defense. My team is at level 92
Lumos, Taurus, Xanos, Zem and Lars. All but Zem are only Orange and the rating is at 40562. As Top 5 player around me have at least 4 and up to 7k more. The team worked even when Lars was bugged, so his stun wasn't even that important.
In Arena he is often the only hero who died for me, but disrupted enough before that. Still his ult is often a great finisher and defeats the backrow with its second use. In Epic Arena I use Firehawk instead of Xanos and this team loses maybe one of 15 battles.

Edit: Lumos 6*, Taurus 3*, Xanos 6*, Zem 5*, Lars 3*

Basing on your experience, do you rate him an hero you MUST have to win(S), great hero who can fit in every team(A), an hero who needs to have OR face the right team comp to shine(B) or a situational hero who needs the right team AND the right enemies to shine(C)?