Namorat
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Soul Hunters Tier List update!

Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:40 am

Sigh... Very difficult. I think he himself feels like an A, but I do believe that ac certain Kind of team comp is necessary, so a B is more appropriate in my eyes :/
no more money from me

s00pahFr0g
Knight
Knight

Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:53 am

KemosabeTBC wrote:
I find these ratings a bit misleading because very few heroes are good for "everything" while some are good only in some situations but really excel in those situations. Most people will just read "ha, this hero has a lower score so he is not useful" while he may be the best hero for several situations.

I think it's most helpful for new players to know which heroes to focus on. Sure, almost every hero has some uses in specific situations, but there are definitely heroes are just generally good in most places. It might good to put in a disclaimer though that the lower tier heroes do have uses.

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:14 am

There is the legend on the upper-right corner explaining how tiers are assigned and that's exactly what s00pahFr0g said: "A" tiers are necessary in one of the 3 Epic Arena teams; "B" tiers need the right setup; "C" need the right setup and opponents(Leah is great with Tholin, Tareth, etc but she even needs the right opponents to shine...obviously vs Vincent, Mortus, Gizmo, FH and Dokras she's the best to use...still situational!); only "D" tiers are bad.

The old tiers were: "A" = Zem, great heroes, good, great situational; "B" = quite bad, still viable; "C" = useless/not a spot in the meta; "D" = Esabel.

@KemosabeTBC You still reply based on the old rates: you say "this hero is situational and he has C"; if you see the lenged, "C" means situational!

@Namorat considering the current meta, "is he a must in one of the 3 teams in Epic Arena?" We may consider this the question for A ratings...

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:27 am

What I mean is, maybe we should detail exactly in which situations an hero excels. Because he may be the best hero for specific situations that are not generically rated.

But my original comment was because i didnt agree with some of the more specific ratings not overall rating. I will check the document again and tell you which ones

Namorat
Viscount
Viscount

Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:45 am

Zi0iP wrote:

@Namorat considering the current meta, "is he a must in one of the 3 teams in Epic Arena?" We may consider this the question for A ratings...

Too early to say, sadly. For me he is definitely essential in Arena, but too few people gave him a real Chance yet on my server. All my top guildies will follow suit, though, because I convinced them.
no more money from me

Puckersunchers
Baron
Baron

Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:32 am

KemosabeTBC wrote:
I find these ratings a bit misleading because very few heroes are good for "everything" while some are good only in some situations but really excel in those situations. Most people will just read "ha, this hero has a lower score so he is not useful" while he may be the best hero for several situations.

I agree

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:04 am

@KemosabeTBC thanks and I will obviously modify the heroes' descriptions because many are really old. I still nees to find a way to make the sheet better for mobile whie giving all the infos in it :/

@Namorat on my server everyone who want's to be on top has to use Taurus. He's usually top damage. It's balanced damage, that's why I rate him A while Zem deals unbalanced damage(S).

About general ratings and overall: the legend is there for this reason. Specific areas are there. I will update the descriptions to help, as I did for some heroes(including counters and countering). During purple fusion, countering/counters are not the main focus because picking the best is usually better for stats matter.

How do you think we may improve new features making them easier to understand for players, easier to look at on a phone and more accurate?
I actually have no idea beside changing descriptions...

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:24 am

Change Log updated.

Any opinion about the restyling?
We changed something into the main tab + total restyle for "How do I spend my currency" + total restyle for "party buff list"

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:03 am

added Power Curves!

s00pahFr0g
Knight
Knight

Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:39 am

It looks good! Thank you for putting all this effort to improve the list. You've done an excellent job.

The main use for this tier list is to help new players decide which heroes to consider right? Most seasoned players aren't going to get much use out of this because they are most likely already aware of a lot of this. Seasoned players might find it useful when deciding which hero to bring up next based on their uses and ratings here. The list gives new players the knowledge to make informed decisions early game so that they can prepare for late game. These heroes with higher ratings will be significantly more useful to newer players because these highly rated heroes are often quite versatile in their uses. Of course players can level whoever they want, but a good foundation is very helpful. Once new players reach the end stage and start having the extra resources to raise more than 10-15 core heroes then they can start to work on more niche heroes. There will always be disagreements over ratings when it comes to tier lists, they are ultimately an opinion even if based on evidence. As long as the list gives good guidelines to lead players in the right direction the specifics of ratings matter less. There's no reason to nitpick ratings unless there is something obviously misleading.