KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Re: Soul Hunters Tier List update!

Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:29 am

Zi0iP wrote:
Cara is great, I agree, but I feel like she's one you can leave out of the 15. That's why she's not an "A". "A" units are the ones you should have in your teams to avoid someone swiping you easily(e.g. if you leave Arachna out, you get destroyed by Kaneq/Ethera/tank teams/full physical teams, even if she's not "S" anymore).
Is Cara on the same level of Firehawk, Garrick, Taurus, etc? We need to assign a rank :/

Atm I feel like Cara is more a core hero than Arachna. You don't need arachna to deal with full physical teams, in fact, contrary to popular belief, I think a full physical team deals with arachna easily if you pick the right heroes. I feel Arachna is falling lower and lower in the current meta, I use her a lot less these days.

who's Mara?

Mariana.

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:08 pm

Vesperas likes to push unpopular, bad heroes up the ladder for some reason. He makes up stories to make the given heroes relevant.

As far as I've witnessed, he's one of the highest in the arenas of his guild, and thats often below #20

Mariana is extremely weak late-game, so keep her ratings low.

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:17 pm

Update Mariana with combined opinions!

Arachna used to be "S" in both offense and defense, in the good old Orange days; you are right, there are other solutions but she doesn't charge energy while killing. She's still the best choice to deal with physical AOE, assassins, physical tanks and Kaneq.

In this case, it's better lowering Arachna's tier than increasing Cara's. The question is still: are they on the same level of Garrick, Taurus and Firehawk?

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:21 pm

Zentor wrote:

I think he is right in saying that Mariana can be good in offense vs some teams. She is not extremely weak, I have seen her do pretty awesome stuff. She is easy to deal with if she is in a defensive team though, I would never use her for defense. So. circumstantial but not useless.

Zi0iP wrote:
In this case, it's better lowering Arachna's tier than increasing Cara's. The question is still: are they on the same level of Garrick, Taurus and Firehawk?

Dunno. Garrick is awesome for almost everything, I love him. Firehawk can be very good but he is a little overrated imo. I have dealt with very few taurus on my server so far so, I don't have an opinion about him.

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:37 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
Zentor wrote:

I think he is right in saying that Mariana can be good in offense vs some teams. She is not extremely weak, I have seen her do pretty awesome stuff. She is easy to deal with if she is in a defensive team though, I would never use her for defense. So. circumstantial but not useless.

Zi0iP wrote:

Dunno. Garrick is awesome for almost everything, I love him. Firehawk can be very good but he is a little overrated imo. I have dealt with very few taurus on my server so far so, I don't have an opinion about him.

Where have you seen Mariana be to the slightest use? Last time I had issues with her, was in campaign when I was under-leveled and behind. Lol.

Namorat
Viscount
Viscount

Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:06 pm

Taurus is great. His buff and his ult are some of the best, the only small thing that holds him back is the fact that he needs to be put in certain team combinations to the best out of him.
no more money from me

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:17 pm

Namorat wrote:
Taurus is great. His buff and his ult are some of the best, the only small thing that holds him back is the fact that he needs to be put in certain team combinations to the best out of him.

Right now, I saw him being great in every team;
do you think "he needs the right team" in Garrick's/Firehawk's way or Lumos's/Leah's/Mortus's?

Namorat
Viscount
Viscount

Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:44 pm

Zi0iP wrote:
Right now, I saw him being great in every team;
do you think "he needs the right team" in Garrick's/Firehawk's way or Lumos's/Leah's/Mortus's?

A third way perhaps? I meint the fact that his buff is related to the amount of frontliner for example. The fact that you may switch a hero, because you need another frontliner although you would usually add Garrick or something like that.

My team is Lumos, Taurus, Xanos, Zem and Lars. It gives an attack boost. If I switched Lars with Gizmo for example, it would lessen his value against most teams, I think.
no more money from me

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:09 am

Namorat wrote:
A third way perhaps? I meint the fact that his buff is related to the amount of frontliner for example. The fact that you may switch a hero, because you need another frontliner although you would usually add Garrick or something like that.

My team is Lumos, Taurus, Xanos, Zem and Lars. It gives an attack boost. If I switched Lars with Gizmo for example, it would lessen his value against most teams, I think.

That's right but tiers are still A and B, so we have to assign a value :) is he more A than B or B than A? That's the real question :D
A = fits in every team; B = needs a team built around him. Right now, he needs no team build around(e.g. Leah needs attack speed boost + attack boost; Mortus needs strong single target teams, etc), he needs some precaution is the team comp.
Those are the reason for rating him A; if you and other think he's a B, I go rating his Arena B ==> his overall B

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:35 am

I find these ratings a bit misleading because very few heroes are good for "everything" while some are good only in some situations but really excel in those situations. Most people will just read "ha, this hero has a lower score so he is not useful" while he may be the best hero for several situations.