Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Re: Soul Hunters Tier List update!

Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:46 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
I don't agree with a lot of ratings on this list. There are lots of useful heroes that are rated poorly.

The old tier list used to:
    1) give the same rating to Garrick, Firehawk and Leon.
    2) rate "D" none but Esabel
    3) tell who's good and who's not.

To avoid creating an S tier, everyone got ranked a bit lower to let Garrick, Firehawk, Zem, Taurus, etc have their own tier;
the legend on the upper-right corner sais:
A Metagame Important; Essential units
B Good; Sub-Meta
C Out of Meta, still Good

As you can see, C tier is just out of meta ==> they don't work in every team and perform a little worse than B that perform a little worse than A(essential).
Only D tier means "unplayable", while the old "C" tier meant so.
It's just a "tune down" of the old tiers to avoid creating confusion among A(essential in every team), B(great in almost every team) and C(need the right setup to perform).

Many people used to upgrade heroes they found useless because they thought an A had the same value of another, while we all know that Firehawk, Zem, Garrick, Xanos, Gizmo, etc can't be compared to Tanya, Slim, Riley, Leon, etc...

PS: if you have any suggestion about specific heroes' performace, write it down :) Overall = mean value of all the ratings. If a hero is A in arena and C everywhere else, he's and overall B :)

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:37 pm

I would give Tanya an A in Overall (O+1). Her lifesteal increases a ton, as well as her defenses. I would give her A in campaign and A in HoL.

I would give Tholin an ''A'' in defense. He's used in nearly every single defense and offense team above level 86.

I would give Vernos a ''B'' in defense. He has insane synergy with Zem, as he takes all the damage the first 10-15 seconds, as well as being able to heal from the back. I see him used in Epic Arena and Arena defenses on high level servers. He's only being put into specific setups though, so he's definitely not an ''A''. But he does a really good job together with Zem. I suspect his offense is just as good. Definitely D in HoL. Probably B in Overall (O+1), C in Overall (P to P+4) as he's rather squishy there.

I disagree with Zem. He should have a special S. His strength exceeds reality as we know it.

Ariel - Overall (O+1) should be B. Everybody who has her awakened, uses her in Epic Arena defenses, some in Arena defenses. She's strong with the right setup.

Cara needs A in defenses, and A in Overall (O+1). I've often seen her in defenses from lvl 86-98. She's also used against Crusher (HoL) to lower his damage. I'd give her C for being a very important asset against him.

Dr. Zeno should have B in defense, as he's very often used in Epic Arena/Arena defenses when O+1 and upwards.

I would give Ethera a ''C'' in raid. I often have her freeze my front and middle line. Also not very good against bosses.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:13 pm

Zentor wrote:
I would give Ethera a ''C'' in raid. I often have her freeze my front and middle line. Also not very good against bosses.

I'm beginning to think that Ethera is a actually "meh" in all categories. She is not that great for arena with the current meta.

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:59 pm

Zentor wrote:
I would give Tanya an A in Overall (O+1). Her lifesteal increases a ton, as well as her defenses. I would give her A in campaign and A in HoL.

I would give Tholin an ''A'' in defense. He's used in nearly every single defense and offense team above level 86.

I would give Vernos a ''B'' in defense. He has insane synergy with Zem, as he takes all the damage the first 10-15 seconds, as well as being able to heal from the back. I see him used in Epic Arena and Arena defenses on high level servers. He's only being put into specific setups though, so he's definitely not an ''A''. But he does a really good job together with Zem. I suspect his offense is just as good. Definitely D in HoL. Probably B in Overall (O+1), C in Overall (P to P+4) as he's rather squishy there.

I disagree with Zem. He should have a special S. His strength exceeds reality as we know it.

Ariel - Overall (O+1) should be B. Everybody who has her awakened, uses her in Epic Arena defenses, some in Arena defenses. She's strong with the right setup.

Cara needs A in defenses, and A in Overall (O+1). I've often seen her in defenses from lvl 86-98. She's also used against Crusher (HoL) to lower his damage. I'd give her C for being a very important asset against him.

Dr. Zeno should have B in defense, as he's very often used in Epic Arena/Arena defenses when O+1 and upwards.

Tholin: right
Vernos: I never tried or saw him right now because none has him 6* in our server and I didn't read any opinion about him :/
Zem: you are totally right...I made an S category just for him
Ariel: do you think she's in the top 20 heroes? Her awakening doesn't give her much stats, nor a good ability :/ She's the only one who doesn't really benefit from the awakening;
Cara: agree about HoL; disagree about the rest because of Dokras and Aqua in the meta + Zem and awakened Elric, who can both tank Cara's ulti
Dr.Zeno: I never saw him so I trust you
Ethera: totally right

KemosabeTBC wrote:
I'm beginning to think that Ethera is a actually "meh" in all categories. She is not that great for arena with the current meta.

yeah, that's why I rated her B. She's great in CoF and Campaign; in Arena she's still in the top 15-20, that's why i rated her B

Vesperas
Viscount
Viscount

Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:54 pm

1. I have complete teams of "non meta" C's who are anti-meta teams.
2. You STILL gave Esabel a higher rank in defense, except she's an offensive tank.
3. Think you are slobbing on Zem a bit much?
4. Not giving Jazz any S's? Come on man.
Attempting Friendship Mode, please say "go back to your hole" if I veer off Friendship Mode and I'll delete non Friendship posts. Together we can be Friends! (Unless you are a traitor)
Hunter of Traitors, Ex Legendary non-Vip from Server 18.

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:44 am

Vesperas wrote:
2. You STILL gave Esabel a higher rank in defense, except she's an offensive tank.

1) being out of meta doesn't mean being bad, it means thoss hero need a bit harder work to perform like others;
2) I didn't touch Esabel, nor Mariana, nor Wraxius and many other heroes, especially lower tiers. I never used them so I have no experience...could you tell me their tiers?
3) I used to rate Zem A but I guess A is for heroes right in the meta; we need something to tell "use him or you lose more than win"
4) do you mean Jasmine? I'll give her an S in CoF; Garrick will have an S in HoL and, mybe, raids.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:59 am

Zi0iP wrote:
4) do you mean Jasmine? I'll give her an S in CoF; Garrick will have an S in HoL and, mybe, raids.

Jasmine is very good in Arena VS Physical AOE. Very circumstantial there though.

I have seen nearly every hero on the list being put to good use VS the right teams, except Esabel, I have never seen Esabel do anything... Even Torsen can be useful, he is like invincible to physical damage.

Ariel is definitely good for arena. I don't think the awakened skill is that bad, and she does a ton of damage.

Cara is awesome for arena regardless of dokras and Aqua. And Elric is not really a counter at all, she does a lot of damage to him, and you still have to kill him either way. Zem will not survive cara's ult 90% of the time, and even if he does he will be dying really soon. Cara would be great VS Zem except that by the time her ult is ready either Zem is already dead or your whole party is :)

Vesperas
Viscount
Viscount

Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:57 am

Zi0iP wrote:
Vesperas wrote:

1) being out of meta doesn't mean being bad, it means thoss hero need a bit harder work to perform like others;
2) I didn't touch Esabel, nor Mariana, nor Wraxius and many other heroes, especially lower tiers. I never used them so I have no experience...could you tell me their tiers?
3) I used to rate Zem A but I guess A is for heroes right in the meta; we need something to tell "use him or you lose more than win"

Mara, C campaign, D raid, A Offensive, D Offensive, D Hol, A Cof.

I use her in my Hot Blooded Murder Team, I'm sure a few server 11 folks seen this, her and Selene have great mid line nukes, with other AoE magic teams, I've turned fights on the top 5 to 5v2's in 15 seconds. COF is obvious. Defense, no go, she can be twitched too fast.
Attempting Friendship Mode, please say "go back to your hole" if I veer off Friendship Mode and I'll delete non Friendship posts. Together we can be Friends! (Unless you are a traitor)

Vesperas
Viscount
Viscount

Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:05 am

KemosabeTBC wrote:
Zi0iP wrote:

Jasmine is very good in Arena VS Physical AOE. Very circumstantial there though.

I have seen nearly every hero on the list being put to good use VS the right teams, except Esabel, I have never seen Esabel do anything... Even Torsen can be useful, he is like invincible to physical damage.

Ariel is definitely good for arena. I don't think the awakened skill is that bad, and she does a ton of damage.

Cara is awesome for arena regardless of dokras and Aqua. And Elric is not really a counter at all, she does a lot of damage to him, and you still have to kill him either way. Zem will not survive cara's ult 90% of the time, and even if he does he will be dying really soon. Cara would be great VS Zem except that by the time her ult is ready either Zem is already dead or your whole party is :)

I hate both Zem/Cara.

Esabel was good early when just a few hunters were around. She's the most consistent damaging/stunning front tank. If a team is using Namtar/Vince with AoE crap behind then, Esabel is a good choice as real tanks won't be needed.

Also, she's good infront VS floria to poke Alana/Ethera to get the ults going. I've actually done 2v5's like this to humiliate people.

Zi0iP
Baron
Baron

Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:12 am

KemosabeTBC wrote:

Being a must= S
Fitting in every team = A
Needing the right comp = B
Being situational(right comp + right opponents) = C
someone else can do their job way better = D
(I added these descriptions)

Ariel needs the right team around her(area damage) + the right enemies

Cara is great, I agree, but I feel like she's one you can leave out of the 15. That's why she's not an "A". "A" units are the ones you should have in your teams to avoid someone swiping you easily(e.g. if you leave Arachna out, you get destroyed by Kaneq/Ethera/tank teams/full physical teams, even if she's not "S" anymore).
Is Cara on the same level of Firehawk, Garrick, Taurus, etc? We need to assign a rank :/

Vesperas wrote:
Mara, C campaign, D raid, A Offensive, D Offensive, D Hol, A Cof.

I use her in my Hot Blooded Murder Team, I'm sure a few server 11 folks seen this, her and Selene have great mid line nukes, with other AoE magic teams, I've turned fights on the top 5 to 5v2's in 15 seconds. COF is obvious. Defense, no go, she can be twitched too fast.

who's Mara?