EricLikesThings
Squire
Squire

Heroes Appearances

Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:13 am

Hi, I'm Eric and I think that the heroes don't look like the splash arts.(Not all but some like Cyana with her skull in her arms in the splash art but not in fights). I suggest that Lilithgames have an update to change visual appearances of some heroes that don't look normal like the abnormally large heads or hunch-backed bodies? For example, Xanos has a hunched body in fights but a staight body in his splash art and splash looks more slim than the fighting body's appearance, and Jasmine's head. So I would like to know if you guys would also like LilithGames to make an update for visual appearances. Another factor would be letting the community vote on if it should be changed to the new one before making the update. One reason why you should agree with me is that graphics are really important in someone actually enjoying the game. If it was just 5 pixels fighting another set of 5 pixels, chances of someone creating some joy for the game would be pretty small.

InhaleExhale
Baron
Baron

Re: Heroes Appearances

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:06 am

EricLikesThings wrote:
Hi, I'm Eric and I think that the heroes don't look like the splash arts.(Not all but some like Cyana with her skull in her arms in the splash art but not in fights). I suggest that Lilithgames have an update to change visual appearances of some heroes that don't look normal like the abnormally large heads or hunch-backed bodies? For example, Xanos has a hunched body in fights but a staight body in his splash art and splash looks more slim than the fighting body's appearance, and Jasmine's head. So I would like to know if you guys would also like LilithGames to make an update for visual appearances. Another factor would be letting the community vote on if it should be changed to the new one before making the update. One reason why you should agree with me is that graphics are really important in someone actually enjoying the game. If it was just 5 pixels fighting another set of 5 pixels, chances of someone creating some joy for the game would be pretty small.

hi Eric, intrioducing you this ))))
https://www.google.com.ua/search?q=chib ... BygA&dpr=1

EricLikesThings
Squire
Squire

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:34 am

InhaleExhale wrote:
EricLikesThings wrote:

hi Eric, intrioducing you this ))))
https://www.google.com.ua/search?q=chib ... BygA&dpr=1

I see that Chibi art is really adorable. But I personally don't think LilithGames is going for a Chibi styled soul hunters because if so, splash art would have gigantic heads. And to counter your argument, Ember is an example of my theory. She has a normal sized body and head proportionally correct compared to the splash art. To make this clear, splash arts should correspond with the fighting game character in campaigns, arenas, etc. Another example would be having a splash art that looks sooo good like it's trending but in campaign, etc., it looks like the goblin shark, longated bottom jaw, discolored eyes, etc.

InhaleExhale
Baron
Baron

Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:00 am

EricLikesThings wrote:

I see that Chibi art is really adorable. But I personally don't think LilithGames is going for a Chibi styled soul hunters because if so, splash art would have gigantic heads. And to counter your argument, Ember is an example of my theory. She has a normal sized body and head proportionally correct compared to the splash art. To make this clear, splash arts should correspond with the fighting game character in campaigns, arenas, etc. Another example would be having a splash art that looks sooo good like it's trending but in campaign, etc., it looks like the goblin shark, longated bottom jaw, discolored eyes, etc.

ofcourse its not the pure chibi-style, but its very similar, just look at Flora smiles at forum, heroes ingame have some sort of chibi-style. Ember seemed to be exclusive hero, not the chinese copy so maybe she isnt so chibi)))

my point is - they wont change the heroes style, yes splash art looks better for me, but it would be another game if they decide to transfer that look to heroes. main idea was to made chibi-look because its common to asian market

Lockhart
Baron
Baron

Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:18 am

I love how you point out piddly things no one would ever really care about, but we still have in-battle 'female' Riley with her tits out and this goes entirely unmentioned. This is the only thing that bugs me about the artwork in the game. Everything else is intentional, the in-game battle sprites are the chibi versions of the artistically rendered card art. Just because Cyana is holding a skull in her art doesn't mean she has to have one in her battle sprite. Why would she intentionally carry around someone's skull? That'd just be weird. No matter what, art in Soul Hunters is 10x better than the crap they tried to give us with Heroes Charge.
Server: 090 Spartan Dagger
Guild: Leader of AVALANCHE - 50579

Vesperas
Viscount
Viscount

Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:29 am

Ember is probably a mockery of uNcool's heroes farce, the app icon was the ice mage and the forum admin went by "Ember", which most like why she's trap tier balls weak and a pentagram.
Attempting Friendship Mode, please say "go back to your hole" if I veer off Friendship Mode and I'll delete non Friendship posts. Together we can be Friends! (Unless you are a traitor)
Hunter of Traitors, Ex Legendary non-Vip from Server 18.

EricLikesThings
Squire
Squire

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:57 am

Those are all very good points, and I do agree with all your opinions. But I also suggested that we as a community have the right to vote whether or not the hero should take on the visual update that Lilithgames provides. For example, they would make a few designs of the hero, different shapes and textures; afterwards they will post something like a ballot where we can choose wh whe there or not we take on the visual update. In other words, vote on if the visual update is better than the current.

EricLikesThings
Squire
Squire

Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:15 am

Also, I recently got Selene and she seems to be somewhat of a beginner hero and she has visual deficiencies already. In her splash, she reveals much more than she does in battle. In battle her dress covers all if her body, while her splash dress is showing skin in certain spots.

anagrys
Squire
Squire

Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:08 pm

Just off topic, but Ember is the international version of 小火, who is the Chinese original for the character uCool calls EmberStar and who signs all the in-game communication. So uCool took even this when they did "their" game.