assenko
Knight
Knight

Let's talk Malrath.

Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:40 pm

So I was lucky enough to pull him from two single diamond pulls, so I immediately leveled him up and equipped up to gold (not ready for gold+1 on my server yet).
This hero is clearly a counter for everything with summon - i'm talking Dokras, Tholin, Lucius, Vernos and such, yet his ultimate affects girls with more power. But why? I get it - the period joke is funny and all, but did you actually test him, or even consider his uses?

Second, for some reason his ultimate is dodge able - why? What is the reasoning on this I don't get it at all. I love to use his ult in CoF right at the start, so enemy actually takes some damage from walking, but with this dodge bs it lands on 1-2 heroes out of five every time. What in the actual hell, seriously?

Third, since he is front line dps his health is lacking, fully equipped gold gear nets about 35k hp, which is decent but not enough to survive initial burst of many teams, so he needs a tank in front. Yet out of mine heroes only Elric goes in front of Malrath, I assume that Drago, Leon and other tanks do the same - don't have them leveled up yet, so can't confirm. Yet the best combo for Malrath is Riley, who doesn't go in front, I call bs again. make Riley more of a front line than she is now, or move Malrath back a bunch.

Fourth, his animations are waaaaaaay freaking long, I say ultimate and relentless assault need a serious haste buff, especially the latter. Malrath just stands there for whole 2-3 seconds gazing into the sky as soon as he senses blood in the water, taking all the damage and crowd control all the while. All of this drops his survivability a ton in arena.

All in all I really enjoyed this new hero, I think his overall design is awesome, but he needs a bunch of rebalancing, buffs to animation speeds (I mean you buffed Aqua in the same manner, why not him?), and his awakening ability needs a complete rework to be honest. What say you?

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Let's talk Malrath.

Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:56 pm

Just like Riley, he isn't meant to be the only frontline. Put an actual tank in front of him if you want him to survive.

Guru
Knight
Knight

Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:46 pm

Regarding your second point, his ult has a range.. if you use it right at the very start before people want into their positions you only hit the enemy front line. If you wait a second, you can hit mid row too. It's not as effective since they'll have a shorter distance to walk However.

I also agree his 4th ability takes a little too long. While he's stating at the sky he takes 20% more damage as well. A faster animation would help a lot

Leon is behind him btw. But elric looks to be his best partner up front. Still too soon to find a good team comp for him but keep mixing and matching I'm sure he will find a use to cater his strengths
Server: 145
Guild: Slappers
IGN: Guru

Guru
Knight
Knight

Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:50 pm

Double posted by accident
Server: 145
Guild: Slappers
IGN: Guru

assenko
Knight
Knight

Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:28 pm

Guru wrote:
Regarding your second point, his ult has a range.. if you use it right at the very start before people want into their positions you only hit the enemy front line. If you wait a second, you can hit mid row too. It's not as effective since they'll have a shorter distance to walk However.

The ult having a range is besides the point. I've seen a whooping 5 out 5 dodge, including supports/healers, on his ult. That clearly is broken.

assenko
Knight
Knight

Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:30 pm

Zentor wrote:
Just like Riley, he isn't meant to be the only frontline. Put an actual tank in front of him if you want him to survive.

You completely missed the point. I don't want to sound like a douche but you might want to reread my initial post.

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:58 pm

assenko wrote:
Zentor wrote:

You completely missed the point. I don't want to sound like a douche but you might want to reread my initial post.

Yeah, your points are pretty fucking stupid, so I just ignored them and went with something else to make you feel less of a crybaby.

assenko
Knight
Knight

Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:10 pm

Zentor wrote:
assenko wrote:
Zentor wrote:

Yeah, your points are pretty fucking stupid, so I just ignored them and went with something else to make you feel less of a crybaby.

Woah, that escalated quickly. Well, fuck you too then. Go read a book, might learn something from it. Seriously doubt it though, seeing how your reading skills are not on par. Or was that a simple absence of brain? Must be it.

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:22 pm

assenko wrote:
Zentor wrote:
assenko wrote:

Woah, that escalated quickly. Well, fuck you too then. Go read a book, might learn something from it. Seriously doubt it though, seeing how your reading skills are not on par. Or was that a simple absence of brain? Must be it.

I'm honestly not insulting you - Presenting ignorant and stupid points is something we all do once or more in our life. Embrace it, and you won't look like a fool.