Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Heroes that were NOT worth it ever

Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:17 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
Zentor wrote:
Then try my other setups without tholin and arachna.

I will as soon I get below him, but I have the feeling the other teams will be worse. Leon dies too fast to this kind of team, tholin died fast but at least he did something, and he also managed to stun Xanos for a second there with his ulti, which might have gained me some time to kill him. From my experience Dokras and Serafine don't do much against this team.

Leon has more health and magic resist than Tholin. I don't know about Drago and Elric - He is probably better against them. The point is, any of these teams will beat him. It's easy. Switch around a bit as I told you.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:25 pm

Zentor wrote:
KemosabeTBC wrote:
Zentor wrote:
Then try my other setups without tholin and arachna.

I will as soon I get below him, but I have the feeling the other teams will be worse. Leon dies too fast to this kind of team, tholin died fast but at least he did something, and he also managed to stun Xanos for a second there with his ulti, which might have gained me some time to kill him. From my experience Dokras and Serafine don't do much against this team.

Leon has more health and magic resist than Tholin. I don't know about Drago and Elric - He is probably better against them. The point is, any of these teams will beat him. It's easy. Switch around a bit as I told you.

If it was easy I wouldn't have almost lost even after garrick 1 shot Xanos, that is my point ;)

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:30 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
Zentor wrote:
KemosabeTBC wrote:

If it was easy I wouldn't have almost lost even after garrick 1 shot Xanos, that is my point ;)

Then try the other 100 setups I gave you, Kemo. Don't act all hopeless.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:40 pm

Zentor wrote:
KemosabeTBC wrote:
Zentor wrote:

I am not acting hopeless. What I am trying to say is, these setups with Shirley are not as bad as you think. And even Selene/Alastair worked, and those are heroes that I was expecting to die fast without doing anything.

Btw Leon VS Tholin:
http://i.imgur.com/SeVA8yR.png
http://i.imgur.com/gXmawtj.png

1186 vs 1106 magic defense, hardly any difference. Leon will just stand there until he dies while doing nothing except give the team a bit of physical attack until he dies. There is virtually zero physical damage to mitigate.

PS: It is taking too long to lose #1 spot, I have now removed a few heroes from my team to make it go faster :p

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:36 pm

KemosabeTBC wrote:
Zentor wrote:
KemosabeTBC wrote:

I am not acting hopeless. What I am trying to say is, these setups with Shirley are not as bad as you think. And even Selene/Alastair worked, and those are heroes that I was expecting to die fast without doing anything.

Btw Leon VS Tholin:
http://i.imgur.com/SeVA8yR.png
http://i.imgur.com/gXmawtj.png

1186 vs 1106 magic defense, hardly any difference. Leon will just stand there until he dies while doing nothing except give the team a bit of physical attack until he dies. There is virtually zero physical damage to mitigate.

PS: It is taking too long to lose #1 spot, I have now removed a few heroes from my team to make it go faster :p

Those stats matter, as well as having a fuckton more health. Him being alive could give you enough time to pull off some major damage.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:00 am

Well, I tried a different combination of heroes and it was a massacre, and not of the good kind...

So, I bet you are expecting Shirley to die faster than other tanks, and the rest of their team pretty much sucking. I will tell you how it went...
At about 10-15 seconds into the fight, Shirley was taking damage a bit faster than leon, she was at about 50% he was a bit above. Both teams were taking a bit of AOE damage.
Then shirley used her cleave, followed by knocking back leon. Suddenly Shirley is 90% HP and Leon is 10%.
Leon, Leah, Garrick and Serafine died. All their heroes are still alive and healthy (all above 60%)
Cara is alone VS five and manages to get 1 ultimate off before she dies, she kills Shirley.
And that was it. I killed 1 hero and only because cara's ulti pretty much kills anyone, otherwise I would have killed nobody.

And Shirley's damage was pretty decent, actually higher than anyone on my team except Cara who got an ulti on someone who was close to full HP. I had a fight yesterday where Shirley did almost 100k.

Now, the problem is not beating this team, I can beat it alright, but I would say this is enough evidence that Shirley does not suck. Heroes you thought would kill them easily were completely raped. Sometimes these heroes do manage to kill that team, but not often, and when they do it's not an easy win. And let's not forget that his heroes have 4k less rating than me!

On a side note, while I was waiting to get dropped below him, I removed 2 heroes from my team. Someone with the same level, and fully equipped, attacked me and lost... VS 3 heroes... lmao

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:55 am

Unfortunate. Try the other 99 setups I mentioned.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:27 am

Zentor wrote:
Unfortunate. Try the other 99 setups I mentioned.

Sure, but my point still stands, Shirley is not bad. Some things I noted about these heroes:
- Shirley, don't have much experience facing her. This guy is the only one in top #10 that has her, and I haven't fought anyone below that in months. I like what I see though, if your team can manage to keep her alive long enough, her leech ability will get her back a lot of HP
- Xanos, it's a hit or miss. Sometimes he seems overpowered, sometimes he seems crap. Most teams with him are bad, when he jumps in he either dies right away or he does his thing but doesn't kill anyone and feeds everyone with energy. In some teams he does very good damage though, mostly when they have some form of magic buff or magic armor debuff,
- Lumos, don't have much experience with him. He seems to be nice though. I think he probably is a key hero in this setup. His 2nd skill makes a difference when reducing damage, and the damage he does himself it's not bad at all considering he is a support.
- Selene, I have seen her put to good use in several teams. She is generally ignored in arena but don't dismiss her magic armor reduction it can make a difference, and her ultimate also kills stuff. There is another guy in top 5 who uses her in one team in epic arena, that team is very squishy but also kill stuff very fast, so they either kill fast or die fast. This guy's team on the other hand doesn't seem to die that fast.
- Alastair, he has a magic buff and his ultimate does good damage but, most teams with him are indeed crap, he usually dies too fast and doesn't have time to do anything. I think some heroes cannot be analysed individually, sometimes they have good sinergy with other heroes. Alana for example is pretty decent in some physical setups, but her ultimate is indeed too slow to be generally useful.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:46 pm

Btw, how are you checking what is happening on each server?

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:17 pm

Whatever makes you sleep at night, Kemo. I'll keep my shirley on the low until all useful heroes are maxed.