InhaleExhale
Baron
Baron

The end of the RotA

Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:16 am

Our server did the last boss at RotA, the event disappeared, but when do we get better chests? I tried few ones after relogin and they are seemed common… maybe we need to wait new ingame-day? Who knows anybody))) what does it means “better equipment”? Is it items from rare (blue) quality only and higher or... the same trash with minor possibility of orange and red items???
:tired

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Re: The end of the RotA

Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:16 am

Using development resources on a one time event like this is a waste IMO... Having these bosses permanently, like some sort of HOL, would be awesome.

assenko
Knight
Knight

Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:42 am

I'm not sure, but maybe someone on the server must hit lvl 100 first to unlock these rewards? Maybe not, but who knows.

Lazerchicken
Squire
Squire

Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:02 pm

RotA should definitely come back as a regular, maybe weekly (on Sunday?) event, and dole out some nifty uber rewards. Legendary Shop tokens, Gold/Diamonds, and Orange/Red loot chests for top 5 (10?) Orange loot chests for top 25, Purple for top 100 etc.

Vesperas
Viscount
Viscount

Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:47 am

It was put in so a person couldn't just steamroll stamina reset and effortlessly destroy a server. I'm happy it gave out rewards.
Attempting Friendship Mode, please say "go back to your hole" if I veer off Friendship Mode and I'll delete non Friendship posts. Together we can be Friends! (Unless you are a traitor)
Hunter of Traitors, Ex Legendary non-Vip from Server 18.

InhaleExhale
Baron
Baron

Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:06 am

Vesperas wrote:
It was put in so a person couldn't just steamroll stamina reset and effortlessly destroy a server. I'm happy it gave out rewards.

i cant understand what are you talking about most of the time... can you explain please))))

I did CoF - none of the BETTER chests was seen by me

Guys this feature is one-time feature, so I dont think they will remaster the code and make it permanently and so on

Gmanju
Baron
Baron

Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:54 am

InhaleExhale wrote:
Vesperas wrote:

i cant understand what are you talking about most of the time... can you explain please))))

I did CoF - none of the BETTER chests was seen by me

Guys this feature is one-time feature, so I dont think they will remaster the code and make it permanently and so on

If you don't know any programming languages at all then don't just assume something. Coding the event itself, any new models and skins, new art work, and other misc work makes up 99% of the work. To make it a repeated event would take one developer under an hour.

InhaleExhale
Baron
Baron

Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:48 am

Gmanju wrote:

If you don't know any programming languages at all then don't just assume something. Coding the event itself, any new models and skins, new art work, and other misc work makes up 99% of the work. To make it a repeated event would take one developer under an hour.

I didn’t said it will take a long or a short time, and I didn’t said I know or I don’t know coding languages, please be a bit restrained )))
The fact is – this feature is one-time as it was designed… and I just suggested that Lilith would not do it permanent, because they took Chinese version of the game as a base.
Go to the mercenary camp and open any guildmate’s hero – you will see Chinese hieroglyph on ability button… so our developer just took Chinese code as basis and overlaid on our game
Yes, maybe they will listen to players and make it permanent feature, but imo they wont

hengli wrote:
Hello Arc,
….. Regarding number 2 as you may already now after playing all the bosses the RoTa will be gone.

Gmanju
Baron
Baron

Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:38 am

InhaleExhale wrote:
Gmanju wrote:

I didn’t said it will take a long or a short time, and I didn’t said I know or I don’t know coding languages, please be a bit restrained )))
The fact is – this feature is one-time as it was designed… and I just suggested that Lilith would not do it permanent, because they took Chinese version of the game as a base.
Go to the mercenary camp and open any guildmate’s hero – you will see Chinese hieroglyph on ability button… so our developer just took Chinese code as basis and overlaid on our game
Yes, maybe they will listen to players and make it permanent feature, but imo they wont

hengli wrote:
Hello Arc,
….. Regarding number 2 as you may already now after playing all the bosses the RoTa will be gone.

My comment was directed at "I don't think they will remaster the code". English may be my 4th language but apparent by your reply your definition of remaster is not the traditional English definition. Obviously since the company runs an international and English version of the game rewriting code and everything else from scratch is impractical and unnecessary. Now I'm not sure how you know the original engine was designed by Japanese developers or English regardless it is of no importance since it's operated by the same company.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:05 am

It just feels a waste to not use the assets they already have and code that is already implemented. Not to mention that it could be a potentially fun feature for everyone too...