Kronus
Baron
Baron

How to people do COF now that everyone has an arachna?

Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:07 pm

I am curious since at 55 now COF is harder than ever (since everyone and their mother have an arachna which kills at least one opponent per match). Healing with flora does not seem enough and I do not have a Jasmine neither.

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Re: How to people do COF now that everyone has an arachna?

Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:31 pm

You can always hire Jasmine from the guild! I did so every single day for COF until I got mine, she will be available for the whole run.

Against her I use a team like this:
- Riley. She has 2 lives in practice. If done right arachna should be dead before riley needs to use her ult. When she does she will be full health.
- Garrick, he doesn't attack often, but when he does he will frequently 1 shot someone. His ulti can replenish team's health/energy while you're finishing the opponents
- Jasmine, for obvious reasons
- 2 magic heroes for the remaining spots since they don't get poisoned when they hit arachna. There are lots of options here, I like Osiris/Seraphine. Dokras is also nice since the minions can eat Arachnha's ulti.
Last edited by KemosabeTBC on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

setcamper
Squire
Squire

Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:14 pm

Cara Ult if she's 1st (hoping you have access to Cara). Otherwise, agree with the 1st poster. Riley/Garrick/Jasmine are pretty standard CoF staples and do ok vs. Arachna. Dokras isn't bad either, his hedgehogs can eat her ult and poke her. If you don't have any of those heroes, you're gonna have a bad time in CoF. Agree with you, in a war of attrition Arachna makes slogging through CoF a pain.

Kronus
Baron
Baron

Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:35 pm

Unfortunately I do not have any of those heroes except Dokras and the only jasmine in guild is 10 levels below me.I have right now the following
4 stars:
-Elric
-Gale
3 stars:
-Flora
-Ariel
-Leon
-Dokras
-Xanos
-Kaneq
-Ezio
-Vincent
2 star:
-Bloodspear
-Cyanna

Rest of my heroes I have I did not worked on

-Arcturus
-Enrique
-Wraxius
-Ember
-Dr. Zeno
-Shirley
-Crusher
-Mortus
-Drago
-Boomer

KemosabeTBC
Moderator (Soul Hunters)
Moderator (Soul Hunters)

Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:27 pm

You're fucked :p

But seriously, try to use heroes that do not get hurt much by attacking her. Maybe: Vincent (he has good magic resist), Xanos, ariel, Dokras and Flora. If you use Gale, do NOT use her ulti until arachna is dead, each arrow will poison you cumulatively, gale will go from full to 1 HP in seconds.

Nightfury
Knight
Knight

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:39 pm

Cara is best Archana counter, one ultimate and no more Archana.

Polt
Baron
Baron

Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:40 pm

I started using all magic team for cof that way your not getting hit by spines. Her spines are the biggest threat especially if you face 10+ awakened archanas every 15 battles. xanos tank, jasmine healing, 3 other magic users like cara, gizmo, dokras, ariel, or other aoe magic with aoe ultimates. Never lose anyone this way since really not taking her spine damage. Aoe physical she just tears up. If use ethera, riley, or leah pretty much sending them to die against a awakened archna.

Kronus
Baron
Baron

Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:53 pm

Ty Polt,I'll try a magic team today and see what happens

edit: Pulled an easy 15/15 today with a magic team.

Cyanna,Dokras,ariel ,flora and arachna as tank and when she got to low hp switched her for Xanos.

leroytje22
Knight
Knight

Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:45 am

Xanos is goodccounter also does good dmg